Options

Losing gems

SikariosSikarios Registered Users 56 Posts
Others have posted this problem. Glu, please hear our plight. Seriously!

This is a problem which simply must be fixed. I am speaking of the revive "feature" which automatically deducts 70 gems if your finger is still over the attack button when you die, this same deceitful tactic is used with the energy and health potions during a fight. There is no confirmation, it simply takes the gems whether you want it or not. Even worse, the energy potion is next to the pause button, and the two are not even mutually exclusive!! Sometimes I will press the pause button, one time, and the game pauses of course, and simultaneously buys an energy potion!

I have no problem with the fact that there are features such as health, energy, and revive potions that cost real world money via in-game currency. I get it. That's a premium feature. It makes it more challenging to do without, and if you aren't up to the challenge, you can spend a few gems and get an edge with a potion. But these features are some of the only features that have no confirmation button, no leeway for accidental press, or in my case pressing the pause button, and having the game automatically also register an energy purchase... ?!?!?

I would like to buy gems, because I would use them for reagents that I can't quite get or don't have patience to farm, or for god offerings. But I can't buy gems because, I am constantly getting dinged by this asinine behavior.

I urge you players to stop buying gems, don't spend any money on this until they fix this heinous scam. Please do not allow them to get away with this by supporting this deceitful business tactic. If you have bought gems, be very careful, and don't purchase any more.

Glu -- this needs to be fixed ASAP.

Please respond.
Sincerely,
Sikarios

Comments

• Options
    SikariosSikarios Registered Users 56 Posts
    Note that the pause/auto energy pot problem is more prevalent on the iPhone due to the small screen size.

All we are asking for is a confirmation box on potion use, or at least potion purchase!

Look, I will even write the code for you!
    int energy_potion_click() {
    if(confirm("Use energy potion?") == 1) {
    if(player.energy_potions > 0) {
    use_item(ENERGY_POTION);
    return 1;
    else
    if(confirm("Out of energy potions. Purchase more?") == 1) {
    purchase_item(ENERGY_POTION);
    use_item(ENERGY_POTION);
    return 1;
    }
    }
    return 0;
    }
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    I completely agree. In addition to having the revive buy show up right next to where the user's thumb is at the end of a fight we have the stupid OK button that shows when the network connection is flaky sometimes covering a buy button. You hit the OK one two many times and you lost gems.

Really bad UX design.