Options

The Right Path to Farming Legendary Hellboy?

UsurperUsurper Registered Users 16 Posts
So I'm level 45 and recently killed hellboy on legendary mode. Unfortunately it still takes me over two minutes to down him so I'm not wasting time trying to farm him right now because simply, I can't yet.

Right now I'm in a mix of transcendent gear and impervious gear with an unbreakable helm of resolve that I maxed out. All my other gear is at 15/15 or almost to 15/15. My ring is still an ancient ring and even though I've gotten two unbreakable helm drops from Nian, I still can't seem to get a ring upgrade to drop. I'm using a level 31 gold butcher weapon that is also maxed.

My question is, do I need to fully max out each piece of gear now to get to the point of being able to farm hellboy, or is it possible to start farming him once I get all my gear upgraded to at least 15/15? Do I need to get a full impervious set of gear to farm him or is the mix good enough.

I'm at the point now that I'm just grinding to get the gold to upgrade so I know I'll eventually get there but was looking for a good idea of when I'll reach the end ofmthemroad to start farming for the unbreakable set.

Thanks for any replies!

Comments

• Options
    IndiepwnIndiepwn Registered Users 62 Posts
    Get a gold weapon from hellboy and work on it first then the unbreakable talisman and transcendent ring of berserker or vulture. Then work on armor of resolve.
  • Options
    s4df4ces4df4ce Registered Users 141 Posts
    Indiepwn wrote: »
    Get a gold weapon from hellboy and work on it first then the unbreakable talisman and transcendent ring of berserker or vulture. Then work on armor of resolve.

does legendary nian drop lvl 36 gold weapon?
  • Options
    Uberness1985Uberness1985 Registered Users 100 Posts
    s4df4ce wrote: »
    does legendary nian drop lvl 36 gold weapon?

Yes he does it makes farming hellboy much easier. U might try jade cyclops he is easier than hb IMO and he has chance to drop all unbreakable gear including ring which hellboy wont drop
  • Options
    Yes he does it makes farming hellboy much easier. U might try jade cyclops he is easier than hb IMO and he has chance to drop all unbreakable gear including ring which hellboy wont drop

At the moment all I can farm is legendary nian with occasional failure.. jade cyclops is way too high gs for me.. I dont wanna spend 5 mins on a boss to kill.. So only options left me is to try farming nian over and over.. man this game is all about farming.. I am kinda getting bored in just over a week...
  • Options
    At the moment all I can farm is legendary nian with occasional failure.. jade cyclops is way too high gs for me.. I dont wanna spend 5 mins on a boss to kill.. So only options left me is to try farming nian over and over.. man this game is all about farming.. I am kinda getting bored in just over a week...

It can be disheartening at times i killed legend nian well over 2000 times and he never dropped lvl 36 cc cd for me. I lucked my way through hellboy around 40 times and finally found one. Like all other bosses key to winning is memorizing his moves. I can equip a junk wep now and kill hellboy without hardly a scratch almost 7 minutes :-(. If farming getting old for u it is possible maybe this just not the game for u. I wish u luck and hope u hang in there. I've thought about deleting couple times but never did. Wish I could tell u it gets easier but sometimes what u need just wont drop. Especially if u looking for just one thing.
  • Options
    It can be disheartening at times i killed legend nian well over 2000 times and he never dropped lvl 36 cc cd for me. I lucked my way through hellboy around 40 times and finally found one. Like all other bosses key to winning is memorizing his moves. I can equip a junk wep now and kill hellboy without hardly a scratch almost 7 minutes :-(. If farming getting old for u it is possible maybe this just not the game for u. I wish u luck and hope u hang in there. I've thought about deleting couple times but never did. Wish I could tell u it gets easier but sometimes what u need just wont drop. Especially if u looking for just one thing.

I agree with you with one thing.. It is disheartening to not be able to get your drop after countless times especially when you are looking for a particular item.. However, I must admit that the drop rate is ridiculously tweaked so somehow players will opt to look for other options for what they want.. That is by paying GLU..
    I have a history of playing similar games but never ever encountered a game like this which has drop rate tweaked so enormously. I played diablo 1 for 1 year... farming used to be fun.. then switch to world of warcraft and hooked up with it for 4 years .. farming was still fun.. ya know what I mean.. Or maybe ew3 dont' have PvP and COOP ..i am more into PvP guy .. :)
  • Options
    Ya I was big into diablo 2. Talk about huge heartbreak lol. Had lv 91 hardcore Druid best gear in game (very expensive in HC) was doing Baal runs my computer freezes cant quit game cant anything.... Get comp restarted Druid now a ghost. Deleted game and broke discs. I know exactly what u mean.
  • Options
    Ya I was big into diablo 2. Talk about huge heartbreak lol. Had lv 91 hardcore Druid best gear in game (very expensive in HC) was doing Baal runs my computer freezes cant quit game cant anything.... Get comp restarted Druid now a ghost. Deleted game and broke discs. I know exactly what u mean.

hahaha good old days ..with overnight playing at cyber centre and stuff.. however only reason i am playing this game is its fast game and can play off on portable platforms.. other than that don't think this game is comparable with diablo and let alone WOW..
  • Options
    hahaha good old days ..with overnight playing at cyber centre and stuff.. however only reason i am playing this game is its fast game and can play off on portable platforms.. other than that don't think this game is comparable with diablo and let alone WOW..

No not comparable but definately a huge step in the right direction
  • Options
    EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    Get a lvl 31 gold weapon and evolve it to max, then farm hellboy. Farming hellboy while spending 5 mins per match > farming nian for 30 seconds. The reason is because Nian has an extremely low drop rate for lvl 36 gold weapons, let alone ones with CC/CD.
  • Options
    UsurperUsurper Registered Users 16 Posts
    Ok cool thanks, I'll try that out for a while then. Nian has pissed me off anyway lol! He has now dropped three unbreakable helms for me, come off the weapon for Pete's sake Nian or maybe a ring! Lol
  • Options
    ewdodoewdodo Registered Users 1 Posts
    Is lv36 rare wep better than lv31 gold?
    I have no luck on lv31 gold wep yet but got a lv36 blue from offering.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    pelepalapelepala Registered Users 349 Posts
    ewdodo wrote: »
    Is lv36 rare wep better than lv31 gold?
    I have no luck on lv31 gold wep yet but got a lv36 blue from offering.
    Thanks!

lvl 31 gold weapon is better than any purple or blue weapon you can get in legendary mode. its only replace by the lvl 36 and lvl 44 gold weapon or lvl 44 purple weapon from jade forest or endless.