Options

Glu, I Demand explanation!

YangjyYangjy Registered Users 21 Posts
I started playing and supporting your game since EW2, and I have spent at least $x00 in your game because I admit the game was not only fun but addicting as well. When EW3 released, I was excited and I downloaded it right away. As I advanced in the game, I constantly find myself stuck at certain level because I simply need better gear to pass, gear that do not drop in the previous levels. Therefore I spent money getting better gear so I can progress further into the game. I am fine with that because I know you guys need to make money to keep making interesting games like the EW. To support the game, I have spent even more money in EW3($x00) making that $x000+ in total, which I believe should be top 10% of all players.

What I want explanation for is the drop rate of the bosses and the relationship between "increase item find" items.

I was farming the boss Champion Netherborn in Jade Forest for his vanity item, the devil wings, for hours and hours and I have lost count how many times I killed him, but the item just would not drop for me. I even started to wonder if they even existed.

I worked some simple math to calculate how many times I killed him: I found that I get an approximate of 10,000 worth of item/gold every time I killed him, and I have farmed over 18M gold from him. The math works out to be around 1800 times. Now even if the drop rate was 0.1%, I should've gotten the item almost 2 times already, not to mention I have 436% increase item find on my character. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it takes around 40 to 50 sec to kill him (including looting and getting back into the level), which works out to be around 72 times an hour, which means I have spent around 25 hours farming the same boss, to a point where it is sick and miserable to even see the boss anymore.

All I want is more information about how the game works; how "increase item find" works (to what point does iif stop having an increase effect), how the drop rates work, how come my attacks do no dmg to a boss after I freeze him, etc. I am sure a lot of players would like to have these information about the game as well.

I also have noticed the lack of concern for players who need technical help in the game. For example the players who have lost their data never gets a reply.

As a loyal and supportive customer of your game, I demand a reply to this thread explaining the "increase item find" mechanics. If I do not get a reply from Glu within 48 hours of the thread then I will simply uninstall and stop supporting your games simply due to the lack of concern for us consumers.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Uberness1985Uberness1985 Registered Users 100 Posts
    This person makes reasonable request. :-) let's hear it glu!
  • Options
    GwanggaetoTheGreatGwanggaetoTheGreat Registered Users 28 Posts
    I Support This....I Demand Explanation too...
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    Great post, this game really makes me miss wows drop rate!! I think super rare items should be between 0.5% and 2% and legendaries should be 2-7.5%
  • Options
    HibriaHibria Registered Users 25 Posts
    I Support This....I Demand Explanation too...

He is 100% correct, I loved ew2 because I could farm for a weapon that would help me kill the next boss. HELP not do it for me. I'm stuck at nether champ in normal and was considering the guarenteed with 10x roll on gold god. Now I've jist reconsidered.
  • Options
    VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    I want to know too.
    And i agree that the drop rate is stupid.
    However, I got all the godly gear that jade cyclops has, and also 1 flag. And my mage is farming him now for another. If you think about it, this event gonna be here on the next Chinese new year too. And if we get all we want in one year what are we gonna do next year? And all those godly item and weapon, can be find in endless mode too.

Also those flag and wing isnt affect our status. If we think of it as just a bonus that we dont really need, we wont be upset.

However I would love it if the drop rate is better, i still has 2 more chars still farming :D
  • Options
    YangjyYangjy Registered Users 21 Posts
    VoidBlader wrote: »
    I want to know too.
    And i agree that the drop rate is stupid.
    However, I got all the godly gear that jade cyclops has, and also 1 flag. And my mage is farming him now for another. If you think about it, this event gonna be here on the next Chinese new year too. And if we get all we want in one year what are we gonna do next year? And all those godly item and weapon, can be find in endless mode too.

Also those flag and wing isnt affect our status. If we think of it as just a bonus that we dont really need, we wont be upset.

However I would love it if the drop rate is better, i still has 2 more chars still farming :D

Although you may be right, but I doubt the same Chinese New Year event will come back next year for 2 reasons.

1. Endless mode drops are crap right now, there are no other place to get godly gear to advance further, therefore the event bosses should be the only thing really worth farming at this point. Therefore I think the intensions are that you should be able to farm all the godly gear from them before the event ends. That is my assumption.

2. If there is an event for Chinese New Year, I assume the bosses wouldn't drop the same items unless they are not planning to make new content for a whole year, which I highly doubt. Although nobody will know how the game will evolve, but I don't think we will get the same event next year.

That is just what I think, and I think the intensions of the event bosses are to give us the gear we need to advance. That being said, I don't think the drop rates should be that low to begin with, not to mention that having "increase item find" doesn't seem to have an effect on the event bosses.
  • Options
    EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    I don't think the Chinese would spend their Chinese New Year on this game and not with their family/friends. The extreme 0.1% drop rate is just pathetic and disgusting.

Also, it seems that IIF increases the amount of items you find, but not the quality. I've seen lvl 30s with nian wings and they only have 19% IIF...I noticed that when my lvl 30 warrior is farming nian, he gets a lot fewer items than my monk, who has 200%+ IIF.
  • Options
    I don't think the Chinese would spend their Chinese New Year on this game and not with their family/friends. The extreme 0.1% drop rate is just pathetic and disgusting.

Also, it seems that IIF increases the amount of items you find, but not the quality. I've seen lvl 30s with nian wings and they only have 19% IIF...I noticed that when my lvl 30 warrior is farming nian, he gets a lot fewer items than my monk, who has 200%+ IIF.

My lv 50 warrior has 350 iif one kill cyclops drops 3 items next kill he drops 17. This may b what u experience. I have lv 28 monk does same thing with jade nian. And I also read from moloc somewhere that the drop rates for event bosses r in no way tied to rest of game. This leads me to believe that iif also not apply on event bosses. But totally agree with yang this issue needs addressed. At the very least explained. Also not confirmed as .01% as yang has yet to find the wings. So every kill with no wings it's getting even worse than .01 :-/ . Completely unacceptable. I understand wanting to make it a challenge to find them, but 1800 kills and still no wings? Borderlining the insane Glu...
  • Options
    ResolvedResolved Registered Users 98 Posts
    Glu , the community is demanding explanation.
  • Options
    Did some math. If he found the wings after 1800 kills that would b a .0005 drop rate. I'll plaint a picture put 9,995 pennies and 5 dimes in a bucket. Reach in the bucket what u think r odds of finding a dime lol. Would b different if chances increased after each failed role but obviously they don't. So now put the penny u surely just grabbed back in the bucket and try again..... See where I'm going with this?
  • Options
    BulusokXBulusokX Registered Users 5 Posts
    Increase Item Find = IIF

as far as i understand IIF is the increase of the items u will find(get) in a raid..
    not to mention how many rare items u will find..
    been playing online game for 15 years and for me rare item is rare even theres a percentage of drop rate and as far as i know drop rate is not for 1 player only its for all of the players online

EX. if a rare item drop rate is 1% and u kill the monster who drop the item 99 times and someone also playing at the same time at the same monster theres a posibility that the other person will have the rare item even u kill it 99 times and the player kill it 1 time.. hope this experience will help
  • Options
    s4df4ces4df4ce Registered Users 141 Posts
    Yangjy wrote: »
    I started playing and supporting your game since EW2, and I have spent at least $x00 in your game because I admit the game was not only fun but addicting as well. When EW3 released, I was excited and I downloaded it right away. As I advanced in the game, I constantly find myself stuck at certain level because I simply need better gear to pass, gear that do not drop in the previous levels. Therefore I spent money getting better gear so I can progress further into the game. I am fine with that because I know you guys need to make money to keep making interesting games like the EW. To support the game, I have spent even more money in EW3($x00) making that $x000+ in total, which I believe should be top 10% of all players.

What I want explanation for is the drop rate of the bosses and the relationship between "increase item find" items.

I was farming the boss Champion Netherborn in Jade Forest for his vanity item, the devil wings, for hours and hours and I have lost count how many times I killed him, but the item just would not drop for me. I even started to wonder if they even existed.

I worked some simple math to calculate how many times I killed him: I found that I get an approximate of 10,000 worth of item/gold every time I killed him, and I have farmed over 18M gold from him. The math works out to be around 1800 times. Now even if the drop rate was 0.1%, I should've gotten the item almost 2 times already, not to mention I have 436% increase item find on my character. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it takes around 40 to 50 sec to kill him (including looting and getting back into the level), which works out to be around 72 times an hour, which means I have spent around 25 hours farming the same boss, to a point where it is sick and miserable to even see the boss anymore.

All I want is more information about how the game works; how "increase item find" works (to what point does iif stop having an increase effect), how the drop rates work, how come my attacks do no dmg to a boss after I freeze him, etc. I am sure a lot of players would like to have these information about the game as well.

I also have noticed the lack of concern for players who need technical help in the game. For example the players who have lost their data never gets a reply.

As a loyal and supportive customer of your game, I demand a reply to this thread explaining the "increase item find" mechanics. If I do not get a reply from Glu within 48 hours of the thread then I will simply uninstall and stop supporting your games simply due to the lack of concern for us consumers.

Thank you.
    Bravo... No one would better explain this particular issue than by you sir.. Yes GLU we demand explanation!!
  • Options
    EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    Well I sent them a suggestion ticket yesterday regarding the increase of the vanity items' drop rate. The more people send it, the more likely they will agree with it and increase the vanity items' drop rate, though we only have a few more days left.
  • Options
    pelepalapelepala Registered Users 349 Posts
    "5.4 打n遍,还是不掉落我想要的东西,到底是为神马?
    不想残忍地告诉你,但这确实属于正常现象,装备和物品掉落概率是针对每次操作,不会累积,意味着每一次打任 务都是独立的概率计算,不会因为打的次数多而增加掉落概率。"

this is a thread posted in the Chinese forum by a admin and only thread so far that somewhat explain the drop calculation.

I'll translate for you guys. straight to the point of cause.

"After so many tries why arent i getting the loot that i want?

The rate of the drop is determine every single time at the end of the stage. its does not accumulate over time"

no explaination on how IIF work.

I too like the rest of the communities likes a explantation. Please do response.
  • Options
    huyballackhuyballack Registered Users 18 Posts
    Gluadmin you are quick to answer other thread.

Where are you now?
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    We appreciate your feedback and it will be passed along to the EW3 team, however "demanding" an explanation will not yield the kind of results you are looking for. We are in the process of creating a complete FAQ, but in the meantime, please feel free to discuss the game with others. We do enthusiastically encourage players to share what they have discovered during their gameplay and there are dozens of primers available on these threads. These forums are an incredible resource of community expert strategy and how-tos, and there are a lot of people here who will be able to share what they've learned to help answer your questions. This thread is now closed.
This discussion has been closed.