Options

Jade offering lottery

KopiKopi Registered Users 5 Posts
Ok so i know GLU needs to make a living and i am fine with paying. I didnt want to spent hours in game farming so i thought i just pay and get something nice for my char, and i can afford it as i have spent almost a thousand in gameloft's games. So i went ahead and bought 2 packages of 640 gems. 190 were spent on bag expansion. The rest i threw in for Jade offering. It was really tempting, it shows 10 legendary items and 6 non-legend, thinking i would at least get 1 or 2 legend items. I did 10 spins, all i got was....3 epics, 2 were not of Resolve, and 7 were blues....and worst, 4 items were repeat items....

Its kinda misleading where it shows more legend items on the chart and most players would think the legends have a higher chance of dropping than trash, but what they not telling us is the RNG, its so tight at the legend items, so how much more 640 package i need to purchase before i actually see a legend item in my bag?

And best is : so i figured thats the way it work, fine, i just equip those trash i got, anyway its better than those i have on currently but to my horror, i can only fused up to the 1st level, in order to evolve, i need reagents that are still not available in the maps that are open to me.....and at my current GS i have no chance of doing those high level maps...

I may look dumb to veteran players but i still want to post this up here for other new players to see, assuming my thread hasnt been deleted by Mods.

Comments

• Options
    TerryQTerryQ Registered Users 241 Posts
    I have noticed that better drops from offerings of my level do need items from maps of a much higher level. While I can see this is to make you try harder to get further in the game, it can be very annoying for many people, like myself that struggle to get that bit further. This is not always because I am not skilled to get further, but I just don't have the sort of time needed to grind and farm my way along. It, regardless of what people say, does look like this game is purely for those that have hours and hours a day to play. Even people spending some cash to help boost themselves a small amount cannot get that much better, almost as if you want us to spend a fortune to progress.

No doubt, many if any replies will disagree, many from the sort of player I have mentioned.
    Quiet voices are overlooked, loud voices are ignored and constant voices are banned it would seem.
  • Options
    EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    I spent one and got skyfire gauntlet of resolve. I guess I was lucky. And you can get reagents from offerings. Eye~sigil from iron and heart from silver. Not sure if you can get soulshard from gold or not.
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Kopi wrote: »
    ... It was really tempting, it shows 10 legendary items and 6 non-legend, thinking i would at least get 1 or 2 legend items. I did 10 spins, all i got was....3 epics, 2 were not of Resolve, and 7 were blues....and worst, 4 items were repeat items....

Its kinda misleading
    Misleading?? Yea, sure but it's classic GLU.
    Kopi wrote: »
    And best is : so i figured thats the way it work, fine, i just equip those trash i got, anyway its better than those i have on currently but to my horror, i can only fused up to the 1st level, in order to evolve, i need reagents that are still not available in the maps that are open to me.....and at my current GS i have no chance of doing those high level maps...

Walk the path of grinding which is before you Grasshopper. Gaining wealth before wisdom is like a gold cup which inside holds bitter water.

In both cases taking the time to grind would have shown you what to expect.
  • Options
    KopiKopi Registered Users 5 Posts
    Yes, that is the problem, time, i am a working man, i do not have lots of time to grind, so i guess it's alright to spend, and especially in games like this, free to play, as i have said the company needs to profit and maintain its server. But having this type of drop rate for CASH product, its not acceptable, so now i need demon champion reagent for those crappy blues i got from Jade offering, and given my current current max gear i am at GS 2300+, i have no way of defeating or grind at legendary cyclope. So meaning wat? I have to spend cash again for those reagents? Ya spend a fortune

Anyway, almost to delete this game from phone, good luck guys
  • Options
    BozBoz Registered Users 4 Posts
    I did the same thing when Jade came out. Every item listed was a massive upgrade so I rolled 10. I got zero upgrades, mostly blues which are not listed. In fact, I didnt get a single thing that was listed. It definitely felt like Id been cheated.

I spent the rest of my gems on buying mats to upgrade the stuff I already had. This, Ive found, is by far the faster way to increase your GS and ability to take on new content. I wish I could have those 900 gems back, knowing what I know now.

Anyway, share my misery or learn from it, I suppose.
  • Options
    EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    It had actually been stated in the primer that offerings have HORRIFIC drop rates and you better not use them. It's like gambling, if you spend 900 gems already you feel that you will be lucky, and you keep spending more. That's how glu sucks your money.
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    It had actually been stated in the primer that offerings have HORRIFIC drop rates and you better not use them. It's like gambling, if you spend 900 gems already you feel that you will be lucky, and you keep spending more. That's how glu sucks your money.

True. Android just got a lot of free offerings though. I earned 1250 gems by spending less than $3.

Im lv44 mage. Maybe an hour away from 45.

My question is, does anybody know at what level the offerings go up?

Should I wait for level 45 or higher before buying 10 jade.
  • Options
    pelepalapelepala Registered Users 349 Posts
    True. Android just got a lot of free offerings though. I earned 1250 gems by spending less than $3.

Im lv44 mage. Maybe an hour away from 45.

My question is, does anybody know at what level the offerings go up?

Should I wait for level 45 or higher before buying 10 jade.

Currently the best item you can get are the skyfire set from jade and unbreakable set from gold. Skyfire armor are the same as unbreakable in terms of stats. The weapon just looks better then the lvl 36 gold.
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    is the skyfire set lv44? And does that mean there is nothing higher than a lv44 item? Im guessing endless tower has better, ive only been able to unlock lv100 there.
  • Options
    Uberness1985Uberness1985 Registered Users 100 Posts
    is the skyfire set lv44? And does that mean there is nothing higher than a lv44 item? Im guessing endless tower has better, ive only been able to unlock lv100 there.

Some of the godly items have a higher than lvl 44 requirement but r still tier 8. As of right now that is still the best gear in the game. Sky fire is the same as unbreakable in every way except appearance
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Some of the godly items have a higher than lvl 44 requirement but r still tier 8. As of right now that is still the best gear in the game. Sky fire is the same as unbreakable in every way except appearance

If you read the games update description in the app store, youll find that it says "get a chance to receive a piece of the ULTRA LEGENDARY skyfire set!"

And in the same update, they introduce a new, much better tier of items called godly.........which you can get for free.

I find this hilarious
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    SuperstargumSuperstargum Registered Users 197 Posts
    A Buck here and there is fine IMO... BUT... Dont waste those gems on those stupid coins.... You are definitely better off spending those on reagents to upgrade your gear.... If you cant play a lot ... Just play when you can... Grind for your gear... The sad thing is the gear you grind for is better anyway... and you also get a sense of accomplishment =)
  • Options
    seanskiseanski Registered Users 24 Posts
    A Buck here and there is fine IMO... BUT... Dont waste those gems on those stupid coins.... You are definitely better off spending those on reagents to upgrade your gear.... If you cant play a lot ... Just play when you can... Grind for your gear... The sad thing is the gear you grind for is better anyway... and you also get a sense of accomplishment =)

Agree! hehehe
  • Options
    DarkByteDarkByte Registered Users 11 Posts
    In my own opinion... Jade offerings can be quite intimidating.
    IMG_0233.PNG

All of those experienced players knew that most of my gear is skyfire except for gauntlet or whatever...
    I'm just a level 38 Monk, so i'm here not to brag about my gear or anything but let me tell you a story.

At first, I downloaded EW3, and i thought, **** man it's so cool, it's a live MMORPG, then after a second thought, i said to myself, where the F* is the co-op ?
    But nevermind, maybe it'll available once i've passed normal mode or something.
    So i keep playing until i'm stuck with the first dumb**** cyclops.

And it's quite frustating to defeat him as i'm more of a keyboard and mouse player, not a mobile pro player.
    So i decided to made an offering to God of Gold ( since Jade hasn't been implement at that time ).
    So i saw a frickin cool weapon on the top of the list, then i started rolling and rolling.
    Until i realized i spent 20k gems for that 1 weapon of level 16 or smth.

But then i defeated Cyclops, so i keep moving forward and pressuring on all every bosses with pots and revive potions.
    Then i reached Endless Mode, Jade Offering is implemented, and i take a peek at it, i saw Skyfire everywhere.
    And i thought that Skyfire gears will grow as your characters grew, because every level the name is the same.

Then yeah, i got it all, with more or less 60-70k gems, and i'm so happy and said to myself, at last, gambling is over, i can just grind all my way to the top.
    **** happens, soon after i leveled, i look at the jade offerings, and there's a new Skyfire with higher GS.
    That's when i realized, f*** me, i need to spend gems everytime i'm upped 3-4 levels ?

So, long story short is, i stopped playing when all i saw in the game is just a Fuse Tournament, or another way or spending money.
    I know most of you must've been thinking, " this idiots spent his gems for something that we can grind in 3-4 days".
    And yes i did admit it in the first time, i'm not a portable pro player, but i'm a person that had a job and can afford gems and i'm not gonna hard grind on something that is unavailable to press with keyboard and a mouses, and most of all, this is just an RPG, not a Massive Multiplayer Online.

What is the purpose of adding a friend if you can't do co-op ?
    What is the purpose of grinding all the 3 characters when you've reached the end and got all the ultimate gears and you'll sit down and look at your account and said to yourself, " so, what i'm gonna do next?".

So my point is... if you really want to play that jade offerings, you'd be better on max levels and prepared 20-50k gems on it, or don't spend your money at all, cause in the end i don't see the worth of playing "IMO".

I've better go back to EW2 where i can have fun with my friends playing co-op and joke all the time, when he lost connection in the middle of dungeons, it's like," F* where did he go ? **** me".
    Or going to PVP to prove who's better.

So all of this above is just in my opinion, and i knew that Glu Admin knew better than me that they need to improve the game or it's just gonna be a dead end game that leeching players real money then move on and repeat with EW4, EW5, EW6, or anything.
  • Options
    grepgrep Registered Users 74 Posts
    Dude, nothing personal, but you're really follish and a biggest noob I've ever seen in this game:D
  • Options
    Whats funny is that skyfire set is same as unbreakable, which you can get much more easily, and its free. If you dont have the patience to even farm like the rest of us, you dont deserve to be here. Not all of us have that much money to blow on a virtual world.

A ton of us have gotten some of the best weapons in the game, and i only play like 2-3 hours a day, and im studying calculus as an 8th grader, so dont even say youre busy.
  • Options
    LimperLimper Registered Users 63 Posts
    Whats funny is that skyfire set is same as unbreakable, which you can get much more easily, and its free. If you dont have the patience to even farm like the rest of us, you dont deserve to be here. Not all of us have that much money to blow on a virtual world.

A ton of us have gotten some of the best weapons in the game, and i only play like 2-3 hours a day, and im studying calculus as an 8th grader, so dont even say youre busy.

Cool story kid. Noone cares.
  • Options
    Limper wrote: »
    Cool story kid. Noone cares.

Dont expect anyone to care about my life. But sometimes i feel mad that people who blow thousands of dollars on stuff and then cry that they have to move on in the game, and the stuff they got is now worthless. the guy should just go read the primer, says everything you need to know there

And he claims that Glu is constantly leeching money from its players. Not true at all. EW3 does sometimes pressure you with gems, but most of the time, its either farm or test your skill. If you cant do either, then go somewhere else. Because if you expect to have the best gear all the time, then you better be ready to put down tens of thousands of dollars.