Options

Question on Armor's Defense

RevolverRevolver Registered Users 7 Posts
Straight to the point, I am currently doing the legendary mode with monk , and i noticed the defense stated on my armor is not effective at all.

I have Impervious Helmet of Resolve, and recently i upgraded the Wondrous helmet of Resolve, and their specs are as below:

Impervious Helmet of Resolve (lvl 36) 2 star
2880.2 hp
286.4 def
31.4 increase item find

Wondrous Helmet of Resolve (lvl 44) 2 star
4194.7 hp
419.9 def
39.2 increase item find

Surprisingly, I have noticed the damage i received from the mobs at Helgard and Hellboy at Ivar Mountain remain the same even if i am equipped with a higher defense armor. For example, damages i received from skeleton archers and skeletons at Helgard are still 146. I even restart the games few times hoping to make it works, but sadly it did not. Please refer to this link
1)http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/trialspirit/Eternity%20warrior%203%20bugs/image_zps946b7706.jpg

2)http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/trialspirit/Eternity%20warrior%203%20bugs/image_zps9ceda367.jpg

3)http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/trialspirit/Eternity%20warrior%203%20bugs/image_zpse1fc9f05.jpg

4)http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/trialspirit/Eternity%20warrior%203%20bugs/image_zps891c9c95.jpg

As a web admin, i know this is beyond your control, but it would be great if you can check with your team and clarify on this matter. There are many players who are putting a lot more effort, trying hard to farm for the armors and regeants(you should know, items are hard to come by after the recent updates), and some even spent their valuable cash on your game. After all, when we got the higher grade armor fused after collected/ pay for all the regeants, and the next thing is there isnt any effect in it, if you guys are in our shoes, can you imagine how do we feel?

If Glu is expecting gamers to invest their real cash into this game, questions to Glu...

1) Are you guys ready for it?
2) Any updates to those whom actually spent their money in this game, but did not receive their item or a single response from your company?
3) Did your team spend sufficient effort on this game to ensure everything runs smooth? Or they are 9am- 5pm type of person, waiting to get their wages at the end of the day.
4) Did your team try to listen to your customers and resolve their issues?
5) Do your team prefer people giving you comments, accept and change it? or rather prefer people just walk away from your game without a single word, but remember Glu as a company with bad reputation?

Last but not least, "if you are a consumer, are you willing to spend money on this game?"

Comments

• Options
    InceptionInception Registered Users 18 Posts
    This is a very constructive post. Thanks for the screenshots and evidence. I'd be curious if other community members could verify these findings? I'm planning on doing some research when I get home.
  • Options
    I have found the same things to be true...it looks like Defense makes absolutely no difference in the amount of damage that a character takes. I tested this on normal Hellboy. As my Defense went down, it had no impact whatsoever in the amount of damage that Hellboy was delivering. Another piece of the gameplay gone overlooked by the developers?
  • Options
    Hi Inception, thanks for ur voice up. This problem is not only happening at hellboy, but other normal stages like Helgard. I really think Glu staffs should spend 300% more effort to re-look into the game play, fix and improve it, rather than thinking how to increase the game play difficulties, trying to make players pay for it. Start from basic...
  • Options
    s4df4ces4df4ce Registered Users 141 Posts
    having seen so many posts regarding deficiencies in this game.. I wonder if GLU team are sincere enough to deal with the problems ..I suppose incompetence must be an issue otherwise..
  • Options
    VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    There is nothing wrong with this. You def just excess his attack a long time ago. And every monsters have their minimum dmg. So it dont matter if you lost a few def, when you def still excess his attack, you still gonna get hit with the same dmg.

The same can be said with their minimum dmg their take, 1 atk or 100 atk, gonna deal the same dmg if your attack not excess their def.
  • Options
    Void appears to be right. I didn't realize that levels essentially have a damage threshold and if your damage statistic crosses that threshold it doesn't seem to make a difference. I ran this at higher level stages (Church of the Thunderheim - Legendary and when my defense statistic was at about 800 the damage I was being dealt on a regular zombie attack was 600something. Decrease my defense to 450ish and the attack value was at 1,000 something.
  • Options
    I tried another amor

Unbreakable Helemt of Fortitude (lvl 36) 1 star

1992.7 hp
    198.6 def

Tried in Helgard, and Church of Thunderheim, Ivar mountain - legendary. And the mobs dmg remain the same at 146. However, damage done by cyclops have slight different.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/trialspirit/image_zpsa0f6685e.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/trialspirit/image_zps61947f0b.jpg

Now, I do understand things that u guys mentioned. However, it still doesnt really make sense to me that an armor with a 419.9 defense is receiving the same dmg with an armor with 198.6 defense.

In this case, what are the benifits of upgrading these armors?
  • Options
    Revolver wrote: »
    I tried another amor

Unbreakable Helemt of Fortitude (lvl 36) 1 star

1992.7 hp
    198.6 def

Tried in Helgard, and Church of Thunderheim, Ivar mountain - legendary. And the mobs dmg remain the same at 146. However, damage done by cyclops have slight different.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/trialspirit/image_zpsa0f6685e.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/trialspirit/image_zps61947f0b.jpg

Now, I do understand things that u guys mentioned. However, it still doesnt really make sense to me that an armor with a 419.9 defense is receiving the same dmg with an armor with 198.6 defense.

Once we pass the "ceiling" for the level there is no benefit to upgrading your defense. I wonder what that ceiling number is for Legendary Hellboy?
  • Options
    VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    Revolver wrote: »

benifits? it give you more HP, isnt it? oh and IIF to.
    And even when it make no different on those weak mobs, but it would make a hell lot of different when you fighting on Endless tower lv120+
  • Options
    Yeap Void u are right..it gives us the HP by upgrading it. However, as i mentioned earlier the defense is not effective, especiAlly dealing with high level mobs, whether my total defense is 1600 or 2000(after i changed the helmet and even chest plate) the damage remains the same, which doesn't really make sense to me.
  • Options
    GuaizzGuaizz Registered Users 11 Posts
    every game developer has their own reasons for different type of mechanisms. In this case, rather than a linear change in stats, it works around a threshold or gating system. There are afew advantages to this system.

It is easier for developers to plan difficulty of content. eg. if dmg barrier of boss set at 15/15 of purple weapon from old tier to do 100 dmg, u'd maybe do 96 dmg with 15/15 blue weapon (making killing still possible). if you were to upgrade purple weapon to 3 stars, dmg might spike to 200, making farming so much easier. This ensures adequate difficulty until you have farmed a boss "sufficiently”

Yes, outgearing content makes upgrading irrelevant, but i doubt thats the least of anyone's worries if a normal zombie goes from 146 dmg to 136 dmg when u upgrade once piece from unbreakable to godly. However, for those trying to progress on the endless tower, passing thresholds for each stage becomes really critical.

From my personal experience, i didnt bother farming shards for unbreakable armor and left them all at 15/15, since my weapon was good enough to nuke Jade cyclops to death. However, when trying endless tower, getting each piece of new godly gear to 3 stars become infinitely important...

I'm guilty of rushing my warrior with gems to unlock mage, and breezed the mage through to legendary hellboy by buying shards instead of farming. However, as i'm now playing through my monk (farming hellboy for legendary while at Leg cyc) and recently finished Leg hellboy on warrior (5.5k GS) without using gems, the game became so much more immersive. Learning to kill bosses in 2-3min with sub par weapon feels much more rewarding than steamrolling them in 15 seconds.

Dont get me wrong, i love theory crafting in games. I'm merely pointing out that a gating system doesnt mean its pointless