Options

The problem with Nian...

harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
and the other bosses is that they can easily spin on the spot... whereas we cant.

With my mage I am always trying to get to the side of Nian (the only safe spot) but it is not possible as he constantly faces me.

I know there is less chance of this being put in than getting a gold item from jade forest in under 500 fights but its an idea anyway.

Comments

• Options
    lauapiklauapik Registered Users 490 Posts
    and the other bosses is that they can easily spin on the spot... whereas we cant.

With my mage I am always trying to get to the side of Nian (the only safe spot) but it is not possible as he constantly faces me.

I know there is less chance of this being put in than getting a gold item from jade forest in under 500 fights but its an idea anyway.

I have been playing with Mage ever since EW3 was introduced in demo mode. when you fight with the Mage, dont move unneccessarily. As soon as the game starts, use the laser on the boss. This should take 30% or more of his health if you have enough skills. While the boss is still stunned,immediately fire off Eruption and tap the attack button repeatedly to generate energy for you weapon (wand). Follow up quickly by the Electric Orb. NEVER allow the boss to attack you at all. Keep tapping on attack button to generate power in between Eruption and Orb. If the boss comes too near jump (teleport) backwards by taping on the ice icon. As you jump backwards shards of ice will take the health off the boss or even kill it if you have enough energy.

If you can do this without running around and not using you left hand to interfere with the direction of you blasts, you find that the Mage is superior to the Monk or Warrior.

I usually dont jump forwards because I find it a bit messy to jump forward as sometomes you are blocked by the boss and get killed if your timing is not right.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Rego001Rego001 Registered Users 38 Posts
    Don't run on nian with mage. You have to time your teleports to freeze it as it attacks you. It will prevent it from spinning on the spot to follow you.

Timing is the key to the mage. Do not move until you are waiting for energy to recover and are unable to use your abilities
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    Thanks. I know how to play the mage though. I am over 7k gs so I can kill l.Nian easily, though because of how he moves and the change of camera angle when I blink he still can kill me on rare occasions.
  • Options
    jamesb8488jamesb8488 Registered Users 60 Posts
    (Normal) Dont open with a lazer... basic attack> flame wave > orb > lazer> flame wave. Onlything I run from is his 4 lightening spell casts.