Options

Uncovering the Mystery of IIF - Testers Needed

InceptionInception Registered Users 18 Posts
Summary
So we all know that IIF is valuable. I want to find out how valuable. I want to know for sure what the difference between 100% and 300% is. I am looking for a few testers who are willing to commit some time to figure this out. I will compile the results and publish them here for community use. Are you willing to help? I am posting the guidelines below. The more participants we have, the more accurate our results are going to be. This will also give us a way to compare the difference in drop rates as Glu continues to update the game.

Guidelines
1 - Able to take down Legendary Cyclops 100 Times.
2 - Have an IIF of 100, 200, 300, or 0% (or very, very close to these percentages). If you dont have an IIF at this percentage, but would still like to participate let me know and I will send you an excel spreadsheet. It will be easier to analyze the data if we look at certain benchmarks though.
3 - Able to accurately record data into a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet. We won't need every item name received, just numbers.
4 - Can return your results within 3 days (we don't want this to take forever).
5 - You need to commit to using the same gear IIF% for the entire test (if your IIF goes up and down it will mess with the results)

How it Works
For each time you defeat Legendary Cyclops you will count the amount of items you receive in each rarity level. You will record those results in Excel and then repeat 99 more times. For each run you will record your new data (so that we have a larger sample size). I will compile, compare, and list the conclusions here.

Sign me Up
If you are interested, please post your IIF% and in-game Username that you will have when killing legendary cyclops. Also please give your e-mail address. I will send you an excel spreadsheet to document the results. Once you are finished, send it back to me. If you would prefer not to publish your e-mail in this thread, you can feel free to PM me.

List of Participants
Inception IL - IIF (100%)
JollyRoger - IIF (300%)

Comments

• Options
    MJLaCosteMJLaCoste Registered Users 7 Posts
    IGN: JollyRoger
    IIF: 301.2%
    E-mail: hunterda5hunter@gmail.com
  • Options
    Sent to your e-mail! Now to find someone with about 200% IIF.
  • Options
    jamesb8488jamesb8488 Registered Users 60 Posts
    My theory about IIF helps to some degree. Epics, gold good blues and rare weapons are on a clock or cooldown timer
    .. maybe
  • Options
    gizzegizze Registered Users 8 Posts
    If there is a 1% chance a certain item drop. With 300% IIF that will make it a whooping 3%.
    A rare item with 0.05% will only be 0.15% with 300%.

So basically it's a very, very small increase in IIF.

Unless I'm wrong of course.
  • Options
    gizze wrote: »
    If there is a 1% chance a certain item drop. With 300% IIF that will make it a whooping 3%.

I am 100% IIF and have done about 25 runs...every single run has given me 2 Regants. Do higher IIF = more Regants? If 2 is the base number does someone with 300% get 6 Regants? My total items have ranged from 3-10. Can a 300% get up to 30 items in a single run of Legendary Cyclops?

My new version of the spreadsheet separates Regants and Items since they are clearly on two different scales.
  • Options
    K_OtiCK_OtiC Registered Users 165 Posts
    Inception wrote: »
    I am 100% IIF and have done about 25 runs...every single run has given me 2 Regants. Do higher IIF = more Regants? If 2 is the base number does someone with 300% get 6 Regants? My total items have ranged from 3-10. Can a 300% get up to 30 items in a single run of Legendary Cyclops?

My new version of the spreadsheet separates Regants and Items since they are clearly on two different scales.

What you'll notice is not the amount changing, but the type you get goes up with higher if. For example farming legendary netherborn 0-100% going to get mostly blood and sigil as the reagents. 100-200% will start to see 2 sigils more often then blood and a sigil. 200-300% will see a lot of sigils and hearts. 400% will see even more hearts with a better chance at shards.

As someone posted above if a shard is .5% chance then 100-200 iif will give you 1% 200-300 1.5% etc obviously adjusted by exact numbers and percentages as chosen by glu.
    Same thing for weapons, just think of it as every extra 100% iif = double the chance of rare items with 200% being worth a triple chance.
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    Why not ask the Glu admins?
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    ThinIce wrote: »
    Why not ask the Glu admins?

Do you mean the forum admins or the Glu team? I don't think the forum admins would know about game mechanics, only the glu team would and I really doubt they would give away such 'secrets'.

Btw, Has anybody done simple testing, such as before you fuse/evolve a high IIF piece, see how many items drop from a boss, then after the upgrade see what the difference is...?
  • Options
    DemonicDemonic Registered Users 167 Posts

From my experience, your spot on.
    It doesn't sound like much but in the long run its huge.
    300% iif means you only need to run a third of the amount you would with 0%
    Demonic666
  • Options
    RevolverRevolver Registered Users 7 Posts
    I agree with Gizze..and thanks for sharing.

My experience..

Was farming in Legendary Hellboy for soulshards and hearts, with

Transcendant Talisman of Vulture (lvl35)

10.1% critical chance
    84.3% critical dmg
    42.2% Increase item find

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/trialspirit/a0598e1fa0cee440bfcea99bd515f02b_zps51978518.jpg

And i managed to get about 4 soulshards in about 80 - 100 kills. However, i decided to give a try with

Unbreakble Talisman of The Berserker (lvl42)

11.1% critical chance
    97% critical dmg
    18% energy reduction

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/trialspirit/d23b19d03ce313b3fc78de93df69a4ae_zps2406148f.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/trialspirit/9b339a9b11d360ca65d5537c761f17a7_zps5968f7c2.jpg

That means my increase item find rate has been reduced from 298.4% to 256%. Surprisngly, ive got a wing in within my 25 kills from hellboy, and the drop rates of the legendary items, and soulshards are still the same.
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    366& IIF on jade Cyclops, I had 17 items drop (but that's the max so far)
  • Options
    Harry...you got an insane IIF% :)

Go kill Legendary Cyclops a few times and tell me what your max items are. I assumed that max items increase with percentage (for example my max items received were 10 with Cyclops...I thought someone with 300%+ would get 30 items) but that doesn't seem to be the case.
  • Options
    StTyraelStTyrael Registered Users 73 Posts

I have always thought this as well, and as a developer for almost 15 years, it's the way I would I program IIF if I was coding the game. The reason many of us feel that IIF is useless is because of the very low drop rates to begin with. For this test Inception, wouldn't farming the Jade Forest bosses yield more readable results? The drop rate on Legendary Hellboy, for example, is so high I average one legendary every 3-4 kills. For Jade Cyclops, I get one legendary every 30 minutes to one every few hours... Plotting the numbers for Legendary kills would give us a graph with a lot of activity, where as the Jade bosses graph would he pretty much a straight line for the rare drops, with the occasional spike. Might be a little easier to spot a pattern this way..*shrugs*

I hope that made some sense. With 255±% IIF I've farmed two godly helmets of resolve, a few unbreakable rings of boar, two sets of general's flags, one set of demonic wings, around 4-5 wondrous epics, 6± lvl44 epic weapons, a lvl44 legendary weapon, and 5-6 unbreakable best pieces and a host of other items I'm not remembering...so even though drop rates seem low, they are actually quite higher than say, trying to farm a Zod rune from Diablo II... Those had a 0.00003 chance to drop (something close to that)...so be thankful :)
  • Options
    XephraimXephraim Registered Users 130 Posts

I guess I'd like to say something.
    IIF "Increases" your "Inventory Found".
    Your regular Inventory found is 100%. That means you "are able" to get items.
    Lets say a rare items has a droprate of 0,05% then its: 100% x 0,05% = 0,05%
    With IIF you increase your inventory found. +100% IIF doubles your total IIF. you get 2x more than normal. So I would say:
    (100%(Base Inventory Found) +100%(Bonus Inventery Found(IIF)) ) x 0,05% = 0,1
    --->
    200 IIF = 0,15%
    300 IIF = 0,20%

That means:
    +100 IIF = Droprate x2
    +200 IIF = Droprate x3
    +300 IIF = Droprate x4
    and so on

If the IIF doesnt stack potencially i think thats the way it works.
    Dont mind to correct or critisize
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    Zod rune had that low of a drop rate? No wonder the highest rune I ever found was a pul.
  • Options
    gizzegizze Registered Users 8 Posts
    What I also would like to point out, is that it doesn't matter how many times you run something the odds will stay the same, if the IIF doesn't actually change the number of drops, but just change the quality.

If there's a 0.1% chance (1 out of 1000) a certain legendary weapon drops, you will always have 1 out of 1000. Making 1000 runs doesn't mean you are destined to get it. The luck factor is still an enormous part of it.
  • Options
    Big SageBig Sage Registered Users 317 Posts
    We'll I went 200 kills with 45% only noteable drop is wonderious body, decided to camp hellboy, till I got a unbreakable price (IIF) and I got the body, maxed it up, so 80% increase item find, tried Jade Cyclopes again, 5 kills later I got the third best sword in game.
    -Sagelz