Options

character and account lost!

OK so last night the game update ''jade forest bosses'' come out and I could play the game fine but in this morning the game wouldn't launch, instead it just loaded up to the character screen then reset and would start to load in again just repeating over and over...

After making a forum post and checking for any news on if this was a bug or just down time for maintenance by looking on the forums, twitter and the Facebook page I decided to reinstall the game on my tablet, I launched the game and it started up correctly but only to find that my character has been reset from lvl 44 to lvl 1! Along with my upgraded bag slots which I purchased but paying real money for gems!!

I then proceeded to make a ticket about my problem only to see that I could be stuck waiting for a response for a period of a week or more! I mean what the hell is going on with that? Such a good game with a huge player base and its left with no support from the staff!

I'm still waiting to get a response on my other post from an actual forum admin/moderator!

Bottom line is that I don't mind having to start over again but I demand either my money back or my items/bag slots that I purchased to be reactivated to my account!

Comments

• Options
    KhoaKhoa Registered Users 26 Posts
    You're not alone. I have been waiting for almost 3 weeks. Since 24th Jan
  • Options
    bulldozerbulldozer Registered Users 39 Posts
    Its a joke isn't it.. I mean the game doesn't save your characters data on your device its meant to save to their server yet after reinstalled I have logged into my Google account in game and still no recovery on my characters or my bags I paid for..

If I don't hear soon I'll be seeking legal advice on the subject since I have paid real money! And not got the product I have bought... either they refund me the cash to re-buy my bags so that i can start over again or retrieve and restore my account.
  • Options
    Any one else have or had this problem and got there account t recovered?

Where the hell are the forums Amiens that are meant to help and give advice!
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    bulldozer wrote: »
    Any one else have or had this problem and got there account t recovered?

Where the hell are the forums Amiens that are meant to help and give advice!

There are lots of threads on this. The Admins have no ability to recover your character for you as we have zero visibility into your account. You can follow the instructions provided in the following thread, but please understand that Customer Care is a separate department than the people who moderate the forums.

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?93776-If-you-lost-your-character-during-1-1-update-PLEASE-READ
  • Options
    Gluadmin could you explains how this game actually saves character data? From what I gathers its meant to be server side? Yet I logged into Google in the game expecting to get my lvl 44 warrior with all the gear I spent ages grinding and its bag slots I paid real cash for back but instead I got a reset account... wtf is that all about?

I did also save my obb files and glue wallet files but replacing them in game directory doesn't seem to bring my character or bags back...
  • Options
    bulldozer wrote: »
    Gluadmin could you explains how this game actually saves character data? From what I gathers its meant to be server side? Yet I logged into Google in the game expecting to get my lvl 44 warrior with all the gear I spent ages grinding and its bag slots I paid real cash for back but instead I got a reset account... wtf is that all about?

I did also save my obb files and glue wallet files but replacing them in game directory doesn't seem to bring my character or bags back...

Unfortunately, there seem to be some issues with how/where things are being saved making the process of recovering a bit more convoluted than we all expected it to be. That's about all I can say at this point. I completely understand your frustration though and each ticket acts as a record of the issue (and its need to be directly addressed).
  • Options
    jamesb8488jamesb8488 Registered Users 60 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Unfortunately, there seem to be some issues with how/where things are being saved making the process of recovering a bit more convoluted than we all expected it to be. That's about all I can say at this point. I completely understand your frustration though and each ticket acts as a record of the issue (and its need to be directly addressed).

so you're saying due to glu's programing and server failers us players with this specific issue is basically fubar, am I correct??
  • Options
    jamesb8488 wrote: »
    so you're saying due to glu's programing and server failers us players with this specific issue is basically fubar, am I correct??

No that is not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying I do not have visibility into it and therefore can't give you a simple answer. Let's tread carefully here- just submit your ticket/reply to it and keep the record there. It is possible to recover your character, it just takes more steps than the click of a button, and there is a queue.
  • Options
    Yup. Already Made a ticket... this has something to do with the last ingame patch for 10 mb on the load screen.
  • Options
    Yup. Already Made a ticket... this has something to do with the last ingame patch for 10 mb on the load screen.

I hope you are able to get a swift(er) remedy! As you may know we are experiencing 10x the normal number of tickets right now so it's been an unusually long wait for many users.
  • Options
    Or you guys could add in the cloud account saving feature thats already in Eternity Warriors 2. So that people can save their account and do a reinstall of the game.. because, thats what has been the cure to fix the rebooting issue. And will drop your ticket count by 10x...
  • Options
    Or you guys could add in the cloud account saving feature thats already in Eternity Warriors 2. So that people can save their account and do a reinstall of the game.. because, thats what has been the cure to fix the rebooting issue. And will drop your ticket count by 10x...

Thanks for the feedback, James. This thread is now closed.
This discussion has been closed.