Rooted Android devices and tournaments

I have a number of guild members who have their phones rooted so they can use custom software or at least remove the bloatware from their devices. Unfortunately, it appears you have flagged all rooted devices as hackers as appears to be the case with jailbroken iPhones.

I would like to know if there is a chance this policy can be reevaluated. I have a number of people who are genuinely playing fair but are missing out on parts of the game due to device software needs or simple customization. I understand making every effort to eliminate cheating - it ruins the game for all of us - but I am sad to see some people not getting full enjoyment of the game. Thanks!

Comments

• LimperLimper Registered Users 63 Posts
    **** joke. Simple answer, if our money spent doesn't show in tournaments we won't spend. **** Glu
  • NarciNarci Registered Users 3 Posts
    Keep your tone respectful. Why in the hell would the developers want to answer your questions and address your concerns if you're cussing them out? Have you never worked customer service?
  • KrinijahKrinijah Registered Users 77 Posts
    Narci i agree with you about cussing ... but mate... i had worked as customer service and can tell you that one GAME like EW3 should have 24/7 support becouse of gem purchasing, hackers and problems with accounts and etc.
    At some point agree with Limper too. CS MUST respond to players answers that's why they are CS. if you go to do on line banking and have problems your bank support respond immediately. situation is the same... in something that you pay money support must be 24/7. not 1/365 .

Also however you pay or play for free you bring them money just becouse u're player.
  • jamesb8488jamesb8488 Registered Users 60 Posts
    No, their customer service sucks. When they do maintenance. The game goes offline with no messages. They dont show error codes, or have put up a thread about this widely known issue everyone is having with rebooting. They would have been smart to keep the cloud function for accounts. When I brought that up. It was basically hey sorry buddy you are SOL. Hahah thread closed. See ya. After being shown to a link like everyone else that answers nothing.. in basic text.. they have terrible customer service, poor management and they want the money.
  • ducvaderducvader Registered Users 204 Posts
    Ok cool so its not just me or a few of my mates getting affected by this. Rooted is badass...let's us remove bloatware and such from our phones making it much better than stock. This VP error issue is just plain sad.
    Well i'm rooted too but i don't have any problems with EW3 :/
  • LinkoutLinkout Registered Users 6 Posts
    Anyone know why i my game stick on load and do nothing? does not starts
  • UndeadSonUndeadSon Registered Users 4 Posts
    Krinijah wrote: »
    Well i'm rooted too but i don't have any problems with EW3 :/

Really? Can't be... What is your android version?
    4.2.2 JellyBean
  • jamesb8488jamesb8488 Registered Users 60 Posts
    Does rooting open up more ram?
  • UndeadSonUndeadSon Registered Users 4 Posts
    Better to not do it, if you don't know what it does. There are apps that allow you to change android's ram management settings. But it's not easy to get it right. That's way you don't have root access when you buy a phone. It's for advanced users.
    I've rooted my device only to remove the system apps that comes from official and they are useless as well. twitter,teeter and etc. So that's the only point to root your device. Also if they get removed u free some space and ram for sure.