Reporting suspected "Hackers"

Hi All,
There are various threads on suspected hackers from events, so after speaking with the devs, I have some more info for you. The current method of spot checking for hackers in entirely manual- therefore people from the dev team come in as they can to remove players from the top spots. So, because this is manual for the time being, it won't filter down past the top 50 spots or so.

However, the devs request that if you are seeing hackers/cheaters that you suspect on leaderboards and in tournaments, please reply to this thread with names and platform. It may take some time to get the boards cleaned up, but we are hoping to move to a daily or bi-daily system.

Thanks!
Prev1345

Comments

• StpwnerStpwner Registered Users 109 Posts
    Well let's start with the guys over wave 200 lmao. So far they're still there
  • Big SageBig Sage Registered Users 317 Posts
    Well, start with looking at the top endless mode bored xD
    -Sagelz
  • s4df4ces4df4ce Registered Users 141 Posts
    Endless mode leader board... 200 plus ... either they are spending thousands of dollars or they are outright cheaters/ hackers..
  • seanskiseanski Registered Users 24 Posts
    This is great effort though. Please keep us posted on how many of them are now banned... :D
  • Big SageBig Sage Registered Users 317 Posts
    Great job Glu on removing the top endless board hackers! :D
    -Sagelz
  • xgneilxxgneilx Registered Users 6 Posts
    Good start. Kudos to you for this move. However, I would really appreciate if you can fix the issue with root devices not registering correct VPs.
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    xgneilx wrote: »
    Good start. Kudos to you for this move. However, I would really appreciate if you can fix the issue with root devices not registering correct VPs.
    Let's keep this thread on topic. Thanks!
  • Wicked989Wicked989 Registered Users 1 Posts
    because of these two cheaters our guild was in second place in the tournament: ((
    both of them (julian60 and ThaKwiif) scored more than our entire guild
    ARp9u.jpg
    6aj1d.jpg
  • SibooSiboo Registered Users 4 Posts
    Wicked989 wrote: »
    because of these two cheaters our guild was in second place in the tournament: ((
    both of them (julian60 and ThaKwiif) scored more than our entire guild
    ARp9u.jpg
    6aj1d.jpg

Hi, i played with both of these players in my guild previously. Thakwiif didnt have good enough stuff 2 days before this event to kill nian, and didnt stop to complain about it, so i was very surprised when i saw this player in the top 10, and more when i saw him reached lvl 250 in unlimited mod.
  • silencehuntsilencehunt Registered Users 37 Posts
    What about MR Faith
    Screenshot_2014-02-04-12-36-44_zpsrkxknczq.png
  • ThaKwiifThaKwiif Registered Users 1 Posts
    This is ********!! Siboo .. Do you even have a prouf of what you are saying??
  • StTyraelStTyrael Registered Users 73 Posts
    How about proof that you legitimately reached that high on tower without spending thousands
  • DemonicDemonic Registered Users 167 Posts
    ThaKwiif wrote: »
    This is ********!! Siboo .. Do you even have a prouf of what you are saying??

I won the earlier tournament of this, 2.4mil VP yeah right bro.
    Took me all day farming for 800k. 3x the amount lol busted.
    Demonic666
    He got removed...don't worry, but now we have a new round of hackers...met me make a new post for those
    LATEST TOWER HACKERS

Without further ado, I present you with,...nevermind, I see that I can't attach images due to the option being blanked out on my browser. Well, I that case, now we have people at floor :!260... *cuts eyes over* ... Really? LOL.

I am suspicious of those floor 170s too, but I can't point them out, but everyone over 200 needs to go again.
    GLU, please read and respond to the thread I made about VP issues on Android since last update. It's not root related as my current device isn't rooted just so I can play this. Sorry for being off topic, but figured I might be able to get someone's attention here. I can't join any top 5 guild but this is fixed, and I am NOT deleting my 10600+ GS character just to try to get it to work again. The update caused the issue, not anything I did. I've paid $$ too for gems for inventory space.

Thank you, and again sorry for being off topic. To stay sort of on topic, the tower needs to be cleaned again on Android. Thank you.
  • EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    Kazak129 on iOS
  • ResolvedResolved Registered Users 98 Posts
    Suspected hacker in forums.

Name : GluAdmin
    Reason : Ability to close threads without answering ew3 communitys questions, a fat sht with lack of authority to do anything.

You are an epic noob mr "Admin"

Hope you get banned TROLOLOL
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Wow, cant believe that i actually thought that this was a legitimate concern over a real hacker, lol
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • PutPutPutPut Registered Users 61 Posts
    there, this is better
    ✪ Do not be afraid to ask dumb questions; they are easier to handle than dumb mistakes ✪
  • TechinicCootTechinicCoot Registered Users 1 Posts
    I would like to report a player who is level 100 and only takes a month playing his nick is Darwinp thaks glu
  • sutekisuteki Registered Users 48 Posts
    Glu, to hack this game, player dont need to root their android device, just install Mod Apk and replace the obb file, 7 year old kids can do it. This endless tower tournament is full of cheater.
  • BL725BL725 Registered Users 89 Posts
    To gluadmin can you check this IGN Crazyfoods I suspect him as a hacker he is in wave 108 in endless with only 3.9GS...i cant post the screenshot because im currently using an ipad now
  • BL725BL725 Registered Users 89 Posts
    Here is the proof that man is hacking

vh71va.jpg
    suteki wrote: »
    Glu, to hack this game, player dont need to root their android device, just install Mod Apk and replace the obb file, 7 year old kids can do it. This endless tower tournament is full of cheater.

Or if they have an I locked bootloaded, they can modify game data by using ADB to log in as root via command line on their PC and once done,..no traces. Wells I haven't done this on ages (last time I did was on my Original Droid ages ago), so I don't remember what requirements there are for loggong in with a "temporary" root via ADB. A quick UTFSE though would refresh my memory. I'm thinking that you're able to with just an unlocked bootloader though from memory.

I'm just happy to see others listing hacks or methods to hack into the game that don't require root so this "no roofed devices" policy can be revised and their programming practices changed. There are ways to protect any game state data on /data.../{et3_directory} for all devices rooted and unrooted, as well as ways to protegainst hacks involving smali/baksmali to change the actual game code (example: changing the attack value variable for Ogre/Cyclops do that they always hit for 0dmg while in tower, and doing this for all tower enemies....- unless enemy data is stored server side - I haven't decompiled et3 and looked...just an example)

I wish more hacks like modifying the *.obb file are exposed here for all to see to open the eyes of those in charge so they understand that rooting is not the problem. It's always easier to blame someone/something else and be able to finish a job early because *it's your device causing the issue, not anything in our code*. That's too convenient an ecuse for lowering the programming team's budget.
    I would like to report a player who is level 100 and only takes a month playing his nick is Darwinp thaks glu

If there is a player that's level 100 I'd love to see a screenshot of the level (it's only displayed to other users in guild list, right?). To get to level 51 or higher all experience MUST come from endless mode, and that may have been fixed with last update (they fixed the lvl51+ glitch, so ..). The only way a player could have been level 100 in a month is by hacking endless mode and farming there whenever possible at extreme freaking floor levels. I don't event know the mechanics on how people hack in endless more and don't really care as I can't fix anything as I dont work for GLU and I don't care to even try kt,..what's the point?

But even if they did all that, hitting level 100 is impossible with no hacking. If they hacked and actually played the tower, that also seems impossibly crazy. If they hacked by sending a packet over the server and sending to the servers that he is level 100 by simply hitting a button, sure. A lot of crazy stuff can be done by sniffing packets and then finding the right spots to spoof game data back to the servers.
  • SuperstargumSuperstargum Registered Users 197 Posts
    This thread has strayed from original intent... just delete
  • sutekisuteki Registered Users 48 Posts
    glu admin, please check olymp guild, they have hacker in there guild
    Hi there !!!

Here we go again, a new survival tournament has begun which means cheaters are back to earn vp ....
    We would all appreciate some assistance to ban these cheaters before the end of this event.
    Ranking are being falsified because of this, and most of the fans of the game are becoming really disappointed and disheartened to see theirs and their guild's ranking misrepresented.
    Could you please clean this mess?
    Here are some screenshots which speak for themselves 12 hours before the end:
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    and here some more:
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
This discussion has been closed.