Options

Warrior Blocking still allowing 100% Damage

I just wanted to point out that when a warrior blocks the warrior is still receiving 100% damage. The ability reads that is u hold the button down it should reduce incoming damage by 50%. The ability is not working as intended 100% of the time. This needs to be fixed ASAP so the warrior works as intended. That ability will parry and that functions works as intended.

Comments

• Options
    SikariosSikarios Registered Users 56 Posts
    I just wanted to point out that when a warrior blocks the warrior is still receiving 100% damage. The ability reads that is u hold the button down it should reduce incoming damage by 50%. The ability is not working as intended. This needs to be fixed ASAP so the warrior works as intended. That ability will parry and that functions works as intended.

I believe I noticed that as well, I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. But I think you are right, it's bugged and not halving the damage like it ought.
  • Options
    EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    I believe that the blocking effect will only last for around 0.5 seconds. This is to prevent people from abusing warrior. If the blocking works without a time limit, then all you need to do it block the whole match and attack when you want to. This was not how the game was designed, to close your eyes and beat the game, no. This would also be a problem if PvP was implemented, so if the skill didn't have a time limit then you can be sure there will never be a PvP in the game.
  • Options
    SilverDrinkSilverDrink Registered Users 3 Posts
    I believe that the blocking effect will only last for around 0.5 .........

There is no such thing as "0.5 seconds" rule. What you mean is probably "success parry" as describe in the parry skill. "Success parry" only apply to the first half of the parry skill. What they are talking is the second half of the parry skill, "hold button down, damage reduce by 50%".

I have notice it as well. I receive full damage instead of half damage, when I fail parry and still hold the parry button.
  • Options
    EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    There are many rules that apply that is not said in the description, like the monk's orb of light, you can only get 1 orb every 5 seconds. If you crit more than once in between the no orbs would like up. And you didn't read my post. Read it again.

"This is to prevent people from abusing warrior. If the blocking works without a time limit, then all you need to do it block the whole match and attack when you want to. This was not how the game was designed, to close your eyes and beat the game, no. This would also be a problem if PvP was implemented, so if the skill didn't have a time limit then you can be sure there will never be a PvP in the game."

Why would the game makers make warrior so imbalanced? If I was to vote, I'd say get rid of the blocking thing completely so that PvP can come fair and square without one character being too strong than the other. If warriors can parry, and block when they fail to parry, then there's a major issue with the game. Besides, if you can't parry then you don't deserve to survive. Warrior is all about being able to time right.
  • Options
    TerryQTerryQ Registered Users 241 Posts
    Hadn't actually noticed this until I read this thread, so I made a point of checking it out. From what I have seen none of my blocks reduced or stopped damage in anyway. I can understand why it wouldn't work if you held block for the full length of an attack, but it didn't seem to give any protection at all.
    Quiet voices are overlooked, loud voices are ignored and constant voices are banned it would seem.
  • Options
    MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    Noted and will investigate. Thanks!
  • Options
    I have had plenty of time to check it today, farmed jade forest nian all day. Enough to make one million coins from selling the drops :-) strangely enough not one sighting of the wings :-(
    Quiet voices are overlooked, loud voices are ignored and constant voices are banned it would seem.
  • Options
    VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    There are many rules that apply that is not said in the description, like the monk's orb of light, you can only get 1 orb every 5 seconds. If you crit more than once in between the no orbs would like up. And you didn't read my post. Read it again.

"This is to prevent people from abusing warrior. If the blocking works without a time limit, then all you need to do it block the whole match and attack when you want to. This was not how the game was designed, to close your eyes and beat the game, no. This would also be a problem if PvP was implemented, so if the skill didn't have a time limit then you can be sure there will never be a PvP in the game."

Why would the game makers make warrior so imbalanced? If I was to vote, I'd say get rid of the blocking thing completely so that PvP can come fair and square without one character being too strong than the other. If warriors can parry, and block when they fail to parry, then there's a major issue with the game. Besides, if you can't parry then you don't deserve to survive. Warrior is all about being able to time right.

If warrior's parry is the only thing he has, compare to teleport that freeze you and dodge that give u temporary invulnerable, warrior would be very weak.

If you talk about pvp, then just fake attack him.
    This is parry weakness. If you make warrior press parry but don't land a hit on him, you can follow up with skill attack for damage when his parry became block. And when those happen, warrior would die so easily with out block to reduce damage.

It's not like teleport or dodge, sure those has cool down, but u can press it at anytime and it sure will take u out of those spot.
  • Options
    The fact block not working has made jade hellboy impossible, only able to beat him using my potions. Block has no effect at all, that coupled with the fact that after 4 days I have still not seen jade nian wings makes me think we are been ripped off big style.

May need to pass this on to trading standards to see if there is anything funny going on here, possibly not but it me be good to get them involved anyway.
  • Options
    SikariosSikarios Registered Users 56 Posts
    Moloch wrote: »
    Noted and will investigate. Thanks!

Thank you!
  • Options
    LegionsbladeLegionsblade Registered Users 103 Posts
    Original post to bring the broken feature to the attention of developers was 01/28/14. Is there any idea for when this ability will be fixed. The block ability is still not working.
  • Options
    StpwnerStpwner Registered Users 109 Posts
    I think the block is supposed to be working AFTER successful parry. The skill write up describes about you parrying, then if continue hold down will block 50% incoming. I don't think it was intended as an actual "hold down whenever to block" kind of skill
  • Options
    WindhakerWindhaker Registered Users 29 Posts
    Thanks, Block skill really gives 100% damage not 50%.
  • Options
    SuperstargumSuperstargum Registered Users 197 Posts
    I understand where people are frustrated but if you could hold down the block skill and reduce damage at any time without having to worry about timing then the skill would be OP. I am not confused between parry and block.... Im agree with Stpwner that it's the second part of the skill "IF" the first part of the skill was met. If you parry then continue to hold down the block button then you would get a 50% reduction in damage... In any case I still think the parry skill is OP... With a little practice you can block any attack period. At about 50% HP you do enough damage with the counter attack you can kill off waves just with parry.... So lets all just be happy cause that skill is def OP and awesome
  • Options
    CooLTanGCooLTanG Registered Users 26 Posts
    Yes, I'm with stpwner on this one. It reads after a successful parry all dmg afterwards = 50% reduction when u hold it.
  • Options
    VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    CooLTanG wrote: »
    Yes, I'm with stpwner on this one. It reads after a successful parry all dmg afterwards = 50% reduction when u hold it.

Nope! At lv 5 it said
    Upon a successful parry, two energy wave are released dealing an additional 150% Attack damage each. Hold the skill button to block additional attack, ruducing incoming damage by 50%

"damage each. Hold the skill"

It's not in the same sentence. you parry and deal damage. you hold it then it just a block that reduce damage.
  • Options
    LegionsbladeLegionsblade Registered Users 103 Posts
    Good explanation Voidblader. Block is completely seperate from parry.
  • Options
    SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts

What are you talking about? Hold down the block the whole match? It is ment to give 50% reduction not 100%. 50% damge will still get you killed in 5-6 hits from the stronger bosses even if the skill worked as intended. The Topic starter is right, it is bugged, and if you had played EW2 the skill should as the description say make you able to hold the block button down and reduce the damage to 50% but that should drain mp and 50% is still alot to just stand there and take damage so not really anything overpowered.