Options

monk, weak class?

captainG2captainG2 Registered Users 32 Posts
Hello, i have a warrior 43,and a mage 47,two good classes.

My monk on his side,lvl33... i feel i m very weak,no mistakes allowed.

Some monks players can discuss please.

Thx

Comments

• Options
    EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    Monk is currently the weakest class in the game due to the weak defense skill, which is very vital. He probably has the best offensive skill in the game, but the weak defense skill just weights too much. Warrior and mage's defense skill makes the caster invulnerable, it attacks the enemy, and it also has side effects. However, monk's defense skill only has invulnerability. It doesn't do damage to opponents, nor does it have special effects on its defense skill.
  • Options
    captainG2captainG2 Registered Users 32 Posts
    You right.
    Is it worth to level up this class?
    Can we farm bosses easy like warrior and mage do?
  • Options
    s4df4ces4df4ce Registered Users 141 Posts
    yes weak class especially in endless..
  • Options
    If you know how to play and if you can beat the boss, then this class is the fastest at farming. This class is also the fastest class at running through dungeons. It's just that it's somehow very slow in endless mode, which results in time running out most of the time.

Conclusion: If monk is fighting 2 or more bosses, it's a junk.
  • Options
    nikxxxnikxxx Registered Users 5 Posts
    I have monk 48 and others at 30, I find monk to be very effective, fast it's like you have to play stick and role kinda combat with it, in endless I generally try to get two bosses close fist and vajra generally do the trick. I won't call it a weak class, maybe I am more used playing with monk than others but still won't call it weak.
  • Options
    ^Have you been to floor 134 yet? Rage of vaj with 3 orbs is like scratching the boss' back. They snort and smash you to death afterwards. You can either dodge and run out of time or keep attacking and die.

If only monk's defense skill could do some damage and have some sort of effects like Mage and Warrior's defense skill.
  • Options
    ClawsLoMeinClawsLoMein Registered Users 4 Posts
    ^Have you been to floor 134 yet? Rage of vaj with 3 orbs is like scratching the boss' back. They snort and smash you to death afterwards. You can either dodge and run out of time or keep attacking and die.

If only monk's defense skill could do some damage and have some sort of effects like Mage and Warrior's defense skill.

So I just read this and I have a level 45 monk as my only character so far. Just getting to the point that I would be farming Unbreakable / trying for Godly gear. Should I save myself the time and roll a mage instead?? Is warrior or mage noticeably better for endless mode or about the same? I'm leaning toward mage. The goal of course is to be able to farm 115+ endless for godly gear. Thanks.
  • Options
    pelepalapelepala Registered Users 349 Posts
    So I just read this and I have a level 45 monk as my only character so far. Just getting to the point that I would be farming Unbreakable / trying for Godly gear. Should I save myself the time and roll a mage instead?? Is warrior or mage noticeably better for endless mode or about the same? I'm leaning toward mage. The goal of course is to be able to farm 115+ endless for godly gear. Thanks.

Start a different class for now. monk just alill too weak not sure whats your current weapon. if you using lvl 36 you gonna have a hard time getting to lvl 110. if you have the lvl 44 purple or gold you can get to lvl 115.

if you miss out on those just wait till next boss update and lvl a different class.
  • Options
    Warrior and Mage is way better than Monk in endless. The reason is because Monk has a useless defense skill which can't do any good with a time limit.

It is always not too late to start a new character.
  • Options
    pelepalapelepala Registered Users 349 Posts
    captainG2 wrote: »
    Hello, i have a warrior 43,and a mage 47,two good classes.

My monk on his side,lvl33... i feel i m very weak,no mistakes allowed.

Some monks players can discuss please.

Thx

at the moment monk do need a tweak in their skills to compete in endless against mage and war.

like remove the time restriction on critical orb gather. currently like a 5 sec time til we can get another orb, make it so we can get orb the moment we crit instead of waiting for the timer.

give a boost to dodge extend the invulnerable phrase instead of the first sec or add some damaging effect. only class w/o damage on a defense skill.

lower the cool down time on QI vortex. great skill to use in endless is cool down are lower.

add a passive chance to activate a defense ability. Mage and war both have a chance to auto activate their defense, while monk nothing.

maybe replace a passive skill and add counter or evade. funny a monk class in game that doesnt have these 2 stats.
  • Options
    pelepala wrote: »
    Start a different class for now. monk just alill too weak not sure whats your current weapon. if you using lvl 36 you gonna have a hard time getting to lvl 110. if you have the lvl 44 purple or gold you can get to lvl 115.

if you miss out on those just wait till next boss update and lvl a different class.
    I have 15/15 Juggernaut Fists and yes I'm stuck on 102/103. What do you mean by wait until next boss update? I'm leveling up my mage right now, is there a reason to play my monk until some upcoming update or patch? Or just do mage now?

edit: and yes I have noticed the exact problem described in high level endless mode - dodge and run out of time and sit and brawl to the face and die. Mage is level 20 but already it's a very fun class and definitely see the end-game potential power of kite + dmg.
  • Options
    ^He's saying that if a monster like JC returns, which drops lvl 44 weapons, it will be possible for your monk to get the lvl 44 gold weapon and fight through endless.
  • Options
    ^He's saying that if a monster like JC returns, which drops lvl 44 weapons, it will be possible for your monk to get the lvl 44 gold weapon and fight through endless.
    Ah ok thanks for the clarification. Assuming JC = Jade Cyclops. I am having more fun and see more potential with mage so gonna stick with that no matter what. I did hear jade forest is going away, hopefully new content some time soon!