Options

*Must Read* gs and vp leaderboard bugs not rooted device *Must read*

Hello everybody,
my vp at tournament time was 118.000 and my account not ranked in the vp leaderboard and my all time vp in Leaderboard is 64 !!!, the gs have a bug like that my warrior character has gs 4560 and the total number is 1000 how is that !!

Note:-
-My device is not rooted and not have any root apps like superuser and etc.
-Device type: Samsung galaxy s III
-Android version: 4.3 jellybean
-stock firmware

Comments

• Options
    bulldozerbulldozer Registered Users 39 Posts
    Recent update for jade patch on android reset my account so I had to start over, I made a ticket and started a new character whilst waiting for a response.. any ways whilst playing the new character I noticed that I had the same problem I never got the tournament rewards! Any ways to cut a story short I eventually got a rep.y to my ticket and along with my character being restored I questioned the tech help about this issue and told them that my device is stock from shop and not rooted and I was told that its a bug that's effecting loads of people.. some how devices are being flagged as rooted! And at the current to e there is no solution to revert the flag on your device...
  • Options
    StTyraelStTyrael Registered Users 73 Posts
    I have another larger thread about this. One of us need to let our two threads die and create a new one called THE OFFICAL "MY VP POINTS ARENT GERTING COUNTED" thread. Actually, I'm making it now. Android version just released a new update so THAT hopefully fixed things. I'm going to look first then make. If you or someone else makes it before I do, name it "[BUG] Official VP and GS "Unable to find Rank" Thread", prefixed by the exclamation mark. The "[BUG]" part is standard way of reporting bugs on a forum site. Well, no, let me create it as I want to use screenshots and explain the bug thoroughly. I also want to ask people not to just post to cuss Glu out over and to only post if the bug is happening to them and if so, what version of Androidof they are on (or iOS kif the bug is present there) and when they started noticing the bug. No complaining, cussing, or begging Glu as that is unprofessional. I'll also provide a template for people's posts to follow.

Or they can post if they have any insight over the bug itself. You aren't alone though and trust me, together we will get this solved..but these scattered threads like this aren't getting us anywhere (that is, if this update didn't fix the issue). Once you see the official post, please post there and tell all your friends with the same problem to. It will be also a sort of petition, but also with t he information in the list template I'm providing, hopefully all these posts will point glu towards what caused the problem (my guess is last update before this one) and exactly where they can look within the code to fix it.

Thanks..and give me a few minutes to write it up. I'm not trying to one up and one who has already posted about this..hell I have. But it's a bug/suggestion forum and bug reports need to be given in a standard format that developers are a costumed to (and game suggestions too, but they should also have "[SUGGESTION]"prefixed in the title so you can easily search through bugs and suggestions by searching the titles.

That is for posting this and confirming once again that it is a huge issue. And don't forget to add your post as well to the official post once it's up and I'll do the same. I'm a programmers so I'm hoping that if I follow protocol that I'd tell programmers under me to follow, that they will listen (and avoid immature posts and people just cussing them out.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    StTyrael wrote: »
    I have another larger thread about this. One of us need to let our two threads die and create a new one called THE OFFICAL "MY VP POINTS ARENT GERTING COUNTED" thread. Actually, I'm making it now. Android version just released a new update so THAT hopefully fixed things. I'm going to look first then make. If you or someone else makes it before I do, name it "[BUG] Official VP and GS "Unable to find Rank" Thread", prefixed by the exclamation mark. The "[BUG]" part is standard way of reporting bugs on a forum site. Well, no, let me create it as I want to use screenshots and explain the bug thoroughly. I also want to ask people not to just post to cuss Glu out over and to only post if the bug is happening to them and if so, what version of Androidof they are on (or iOS kif the bug is present there) and when they started noticing the bug. No complaining, cussing, or begging Glu as that is unprofessional. I'll also provide a template for people's posts to follow.

Or they can post if they have any insight over the bug itself. You aren't alone though and trust me, together we will get this solved..but these scattered threads like this aren't getting us anywhere (that is, if this update didn't fix the issue). Once you see the official post, please post there and tell all your friends with the same problem to. It will be also a sort of petition, but also with t he information in the list template I'm providing, hopefully all these posts will point glu towards what caused the problem (my guess is last update before this one) and exactly where they can look within the code to fix it.

Thanks..and give me a few minutes to write it up. I'm not trying to one up and one who has already posted about this..hell I have. But it's a bug/suggestion forum and bug reports need to be given in a standard format that developers are a costumed to (and game suggestions too, but they should also have "[SUGGESTION]"prefixed in the title so you can easily search through bugs and suggestions by searching the titles.

That is for posting this and confirming once again that it is a huge issue. And don't forget to add your post as well to the official post once it's up and I'll do the same. I'm a programmers so I'm hoping that if I follow protocol that I'd tell programmers under me to follow, that they will listen (and avoid immature posts and people just cussing them out.

Thanks for posting this! Big things we need to know are device, OS, and to ensure everyone is running the most recent version of the game. Aside from that, we do know that there are many unrooted devices that are flagged as rooted due to other programs/packages, which is what is causing this. I am trying to get a full list from the devs of the programs that are causing it.
  • Options
    If you could divulge the list of apps you check against and divulge them in a sticky we could help speed along the process. Also in my main [BUG] report on this, I also stated a more elegant approach to keeping hackers at bay which ALSO allows rooted players to rank. People with rooted devices should not be punished and Android developers need to keep them in mind as well and develop code which elegantly solves the problem at hand while letting everyone play. Hard coding values is poor programming practice and should be avoided at all costs. Hardcodong custom color names into a resource XMLfile is one thing and is considered a good use of the practice. This however is not.

With my solution, you attack the problem by securing the game's data so that even if decrypted by a hacker, it becomes useless to them because once they encrypt the data so that it can be read again on the server side or within the game, the checksums wwon't match and you can them do with suspected hacker as you see please.

We are using this technique in a game I am helping to code on and so far nobody has been able to cheat the game, and we are even using a very weak encryption scheme as such to not slow game speed down at all. The key is that data is encrypted, but during each encryption/decryption extra bytes are added or taken away from the file (usually in dummy numerical name/value pairs. This happens on both the server and client side (on client side it's handled in game code) and check sums are calculated, synchronized, then stored in a database. If these checksums don't ever match, we know that game data has been modified and by who. There is more complexity to it, but tthat's the general outline.

We don't believe in punishing anyone on a rooted device because why punish somebody for having complete ownership over their phones? Diablo II was on a PC wherever anyone could modify files. In single player mode yes, hacking was easy using a hex editor. In online play I NEVER saw somebody in fun runeword or elite unique who had hacked...go figure.

Rooting ≠ Hacking ... Rooting ≠ Gaining Administrator Access (good analogy)
  • Options
    StpwnerStpwner Registered Users 109 Posts
    Haha I think sttyrael has appointed himself as forum mod

Either that or he loves to read his own writing. Nice essays.
  • Options
    Stpwner wrote: »
    Haha I think sttyrael has appointed himself as forum mod

Either that or he loves to read his own writing. Nice essays.

Might as well, ...can't at the game (join any competitive guilds). :) Might as well share some ideas around to spark some light bulbs to try to fix the issue. I'm used to writing a lot on forums. I'm a developer on XDA and I have to answer a a LOT of technical mess a day or document something or help somebody, etc. Prior to that was am Admin on Rage Trades (Rage of Bahamut forum), also the forums from work ...I had to follow guidelines on posting for so long it's made men go mad *:)
  • Options
    FaxMachineFaxMachine Registered Users 7 Posts
    Might as well, ...can't at the game (join any competitive guilds). :) Might as well share some ideas around to spark some light bulbs to try to fix the issue. I'm used to writing a lot on forums. I'm a developer on XDA and I have to answer a a LOT of technical mess a day or document something or help somebody, etc. Prior to that was am Admin on Rage Trades (Rage of Bahamut forum), also the forums from work ...I had to follow guidelines on posting for so long it's made men go mad *:)

Do you ever post a reply without including an essay containing your life story? Just curious
  • Options
    Nope. Did you read the response that another member received regarding this? I don't see why any of us should remain silent after that. These aren't text messages or twitter posts. Feel free to express yourself. If everyone just ignores the issues here and doesn't say anything or be persistent, this will be done over and over and eventually more and more companies will continue killing off gaming completely. Or even worse, continue like this until users start settling for less as if they never knew what existed in the past.

Sorry if it aggravates you. Really am, but it's easier to scroll past posts than to click the reply button and take the time to type. And if you think I'm the elephant in the room here (the problem in plain sight everyone is ignoring), then I am very sorry.
  • Options
    FaxMachineFaxMachine Registered Users 7 Posts
    Nope. Did you read the response that another member received regarding this? I don't see why any of us should remain silent after that. These aren't text messages or twitter posts. Feel free to express yourself. If everyone just ignores the issues here and doesn't say anything or be persistent, this will be done over and over and eventually more and more companies will continue killing off gaming completely. Or even worse, continue like this until users start settling for less as if they never knew what existed in the past.

Sorry if it aggravates you. Really am, but it's easier to scroll past posts than to click the reply button and take the time to type. And if you think I'm the elephant in the room here (the problem in plain sight everyone is ignoring), then I am very sorry.

I was referring to the dozens of huge paragraphs of unrelated side-stories you include in all your posts. Ever heard of a phrase called Keep It Simple Stupid? (KISS) I think that would go a long way in your case. I need a nap after powering through any one of your replies. You're repeating the same comments about this root/jailbreak issue all over every thread, in a long-winded, exaggerated, side-tracked, mountain of paragraphs. I hope your code doesn't run on like your posts, that would be pretty inefficient don't you agree?
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    FaxMachine wrote: »
    I was referring to the dozens of huge paragraphs of unrelated side-stories you include in all your posts. Ever heard of a phrase called Keep It Simple Stupid? (KISS) I think that would go a long way in your case. I need a nap after powering through any one of your replies. You're repeating the same comments about this root/jailbreak issue all over every thread, in a long-winded, exaggerated, side-tracked, mountain of paragraphs. I hope your code doesn't run on like your posts, that would be pretty inefficient don't you agree?

Yeah, some of my english papers are shorter than his posts. I agree that this isn't Twitter, but the 8 paragraph stuff is kind of annoying.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    Those posts about the VP issue are meant to be long winded and I was repeating myself the same way they keep repeating the same replies back. That frustrates me so In was returning the favor back to them.

I've given up on that though. Unless something is going to hurt them in the pockets, they aren't going to worry about it. I just went to Google, told them what happens and linked to this Support forum. I got back everything I had spent.