Options

Item find statistics

m0rettom0retto Registered Users 22 Posts
Anyone aware of the coding behind Item Find and what exactly is increased with obtaining each percentage?

It seems that so far I have seen no real difference between 10% and 90% IIF.

What are others opinions on this and has anyone done research or gained evidence of IIF increasing drops or drop rates of items etc...
Coalescence is currently looking for active, social and dedicated members to become a part of our community. Send me a msg if interested or add me in game: m0retto

Comments

• Options
    EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    It increases the amount of items you can find. If Jade Nian drops a maximum or 5 items, you can get 25 with 500% IIF. But Jade Nian can also drop 0 items, so you would not get any item even with 500% IIF (0 x 5 = 0).

Well that's my theory anyways.
  • Options
    MonkeyBoy420MonkeyBoy420 Registered Users 4 Posts
    I've noticed better drops on each boss as I got higher iif for reagents and gear
  • Options
    DrunkLightningDrunkLightning Registered Users 21 Posts
    With 200% IIF, against any boss I will always at least drop a purple. Against legendary Nian, I can get up to 4-5 purple in ONE run.
  • Options
    xMichaelXxMichaelX Registered Users 65 Posts
    Idk how you're always getiting 4-5 purple in one run. I rarely get that and once have gotten 3 gold from legendary Ivar Mountains.
    I farm with 380% IIF on warrior.
  • Options
    DrunkLightningDrunkLightning Registered Users 21 Posts
    xMichaelX wrote: »
    Idk how you're always getiting 4-5 purple in one run. I rarely get that and once have gotten 3 gold from legendary Ivar Mountains.

Up to, not always :b

I average 1-2 purps a run
  • Options
    LucasCaiadoLucasCaiado Registered Users 7 Posts
    m0retto wrote: »
    Anyone aware of the coding behind Item Find and what exactly is increased with obtaining each percentage?

It seems that so far I have seen no real difference between 10% and 90% IIF.

What are others opinions on this and has anyone done research or gained evidence of IIF increasing drops or drop rates of items etc...

actually works this way:
    you have a 4% chance of getting a certain legendary item, if its IF is 250% then you will have 4 + (4x2.5) = 14% chance of finding that item when defeating a monster.
    I have the IF of 412% and I always get a legendary, or purple item at a boss, souls are common.
  • Options
    ImrulkzImrulkz Registered Users 677 Posts
    xMichaelX wrote: »

I think iif on endles not work, im put 420% still very hard to find godly gears from wave 110-125, then im change to 218% im got this, IMHO drop on tower depent on your luck.
    6gj0xh.jpg
  • Options
    ImrulkzImrulkz Registered Users 677 Posts
    I think iif just work on boss and for reagent only
  • Options
    StpwnerStpwner Registered Users 109 Posts
    Lucas you're completely wrong. IF increases AMOUNT of items, not rarity of items (like Diablo series).
    I still get a purple or better gear every battle from leg hellboy with 400% or 0%
  • Options
    MonkeyBoy420MonkeyBoy420 Registered Users 4 Posts
    You can see the diff in drop rate on better items as it gets higher so yes it does make it more likely to find ep and l gear also more and better reagents. From two characters I've noticed it seems to be about 50% per boss to get the good stuff often like double heart and shard drops or two or three leg items a boss fight. So fifty first one 100 nian and so on I could be wrong but that seems to be the pattern if you pay attention to drops compared to iif
  • Options
    Hagia SophiaHagia Sophia Registered Users 13 Posts
    Stpwner wrote: »
    Lucas you're completely wrong. IF increases AMOUNT of items, not rarity of items (like Diablo series).
    I still get a purple or better gear every battle from leg hellboy with 400% or 0%

Actually, my experience match with what he is saying. And anyway, the amount will reflect in rarity.
  • Options
    JonWayneJonWayne Registered Users 459 Posts

either that or IIF simply don't work. Just a nice number for show.
  • Options
    SirikeSirike Registered Users 37 Posts
    IIF to me kinda useless.
    I did a simple test on LHB.
    400% +
    15 Runs = 0 Legendary and 0 DPSS

200%
    15 Runs = 3 Legendary and 3 DPSS.

Of course sometime with high iif, I got the legedary and dpss too.
    So overall, iif % just a number for show.

Look at Max GS for resolve and fortitude items. The different only 1 GS.
    1 GS different for having iif? There must be some reason. iif just a number for show:)
    Just my view.

Haha, maybe I can't any godly resolve yet, all I got is Fortitude version. that y I wrote this to make be feel better.
  • Options
    ThaDoctorThaDoctor Registered Users 50 Posts
    It works, and it most definitely affects the quality of the item. I was trying to farm demon prince bloods off of legendary hellboy and was getting them once every 10-15 kills but getting lots of sigils and hearts. I'm talking several days of farming with this same pattern. I had almost 350% iif at the time. A guildmate suggested I reduce my iif, so I went down to about 50% iif and was getting blood drops at a MUCH more frequent rate. This increased rate lasted the entire two days I used the low iif and stopped exactly when I put all my iif on. I know, it's not a huge sample pool, but it was definitely noticeable.

Edit: it only increases GS by one point because it doesn't actually help you kill enemies at all. It is completely useless for killing enemies so the GS system considers it worthless.
  • Options
    Wolf_CookieWolf_Cookie Registered Users 60 Posts
    Oh I think it works. It just doesn't work to get you better gear. It only works to get you more gear. More of the useless grey and green junk that nobody really needs...

Just my opinion.

So, in other words, a complete waste of time. That is unless you just need to raise some cash for fusing/evolving.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Ok, there is no real proof on the usefulness of IIF. However, in my experience, it mostly just depends on luck.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    Wolf_CookieWolf_Cookie Registered Users 60 Posts
    Ok, there is no real proof on the usefulness of IIF. However, in my experience, it mostly just depends on luck.

I must not have any luck then...
  • Options
    syazrsyazr Registered Users 4 Posts
    farming with 400%++ iif from new update didnt give me anything. After change gear with 200%++ got it in first try. Luck?

IMG_2232.jpg
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    Please post statistics that say how many items you got with different IIF levels, not just you got good gear with x% IIF
  • Options

I thought about his theory, and I decided to test.
    My mage is 12% IF, in The Cyclops, after 20 kills I got an average of 5 items per kill, 5 epics, 1 legendary. With the warrior who possesses 412% IF, the average went from 5 items per kill and I got 12 epic, and legendary items 4. My opinion remains the same!
  • Options
    I thought about his theory, and I decided to test.
    My mage is 12% IF, in The Cyclops, after 20 kills I got an average of 5 items per kill, 5 epics, 1 legendary. With the warrior who possesses 412% IF, the average went from 5 items per kill and I got 12 epic, and legendary items 4. My opinion remains the same!
    if the IF increases the amount of items, so it makes NO sense a monster drop only 1 item if the IF is 412%. Glu works with exact calculations.

ps: the number of dropped items remain the same at 12% and 412%, only the number of rare items has increased a lot in my tests
  • Options
    BigBossManBigBossMan Registered Users 46 Posts
    I think that ita anoter common sense answer, if something sais "increased item find rate" it woul be talking about the amount of items you find not te rarity, but at the same time finding more items will increase the chance of getting a better item, thats pretty much it in a nutshell, everyones opinion will be different, as if one person bases there results on 20 runs of ronin to another they will be totally different and they should be, if you spread it across the board and think about how many people have godly items youll seethat it would make sense that its more to do with the amount that drops and not the rarity as if everyone who had 400% would be running around in godly, i have 400% and only have 2or 3 godly items, 2 of which were from tournaments, but i get a **** tonne of items from every run