Options

A Higher Level Player Perspective on the recent changes

neggieneggie Registered Users 6 Posts
As I'm sure most of this has already been said in various forms (and various perspectives), I'll try to take a more broad approach.

So with the most recent patch we have Jade bosses that the majority of the player base has met with scorn. I believe this is short-sighted as was the idea to give Jade Cyclops Godly and Wondrous gear. Does anyone really feel that the BEST items in the game should have been available on a boss that is easier and more efficient to farm than the last boss? No, they should come from Endless. They should come from the hardest place in the game. The developers realized this after-the-fact but now everyone has a certain expectation of Jade bosses dropping amazing gear and the most recent update was a rude awakening. Even looking at it from a monetization perspective (and you should ALWAYS look at it from this perspective, lets be realistic, this is a business), they won't earn money off of the best gear in the game coming from bosses that are easy to kill in Jade Forest but they can earn it off your untimely demise in Endless Mode (although if they were clever they'd show you the loot you won't be getting upon death inside Endless mode).

The Godly/Wondrous stuff in Jade Forest undermined tournament rewards and endless mode. Why bust your guild's *** and motivate other guild mates to work hard for a reward that you could achieve on your own, off a very easy boss? Why do you even care about your cool down on Ship Tokens for endless mode if you could just farm a boss that's easier and always available? You wouldn't. Yea, it's going to sting for a little bit but it's a good long-term change.

Now that we've got the basic foundation done with, we can move on to what's actually wrong with the state of the game.

Tournaments: Change token type, reduce tokens given, give to more guilds

Wondrous and Goldy gear rewards? Awesome! Silver and Iron coins? Are you kidding? All the coins do at this point is fuel us for another tournament mode which is arguably the most uninteresting tournament mode offered. If a top 20 guild member still cares about actually using Silver or Iron coins, I would be thoroughly surprised. Arguably, the coins could be used for your lower level alternative characters but the delivery of tournament prizes to specific characters is very clunky and often infuriating.

The top 10 guilds should receive various amounts of Blood God (or whatever the type is) tokens. Perhaps top 20? 30? I'm not saying many coins, just some. Guilds 11-30 could each receive one blood god token or something. That would be cool and allow them to change out some gear for aesthetic purposes (assuming that they don't have Goldy/Wondrous gear yet). A reward for your character that may not be a statistical upgrade but aesthetic would be a pretty good incentive, especially better than Iron or Silver tokens.

I like the old model where the second best tier can drop for the Blood God (once again, whatever token we're currently on) but you might as well make one piece of the top tier loot available too. That piece should change each month (January Goldy Helm, February Godly Gauntlets, etc) but always have a extremely low drop chance of being rewarded. The top tier piece should always be featured at the top of the reward list for that token type as to give players more incentive to purchase more tokens.

Jade Forest: good change overall, update the reagents though

Everything works fine other than the regent drops. Right now the incentive of doing the jade bosses are wings, gold and dailies (presuming the tokens become available again via quests). I'd say unbreakable gear but at the appropriate gear level, it's much more efficient to farm Hellboy than the Ronin in Jade Forest. The Jade Forest should simply be an alternative. It's an alternative to farming the same **** boss over and over and over. Give him the regents appropriate for his gear level to allow us to farm Hellboy or, if we so choose, something new every once in a while. Since the same wings come from all three Jade bosses, everyone who pushes for it should eventually be rewarded with some nice shiny wings. Beyond that, I don't think there's much of a reason to fight the Jade bosses more than once every day.

Player Progression: Scale it down a little for higher levels.

The game has always been rough on that player trying to strive for that next tier of gear. IE: To farm Hellboy, you need to farm Nian. To farm Nian you need to farm Cyclops. So on, so forth. At the higher levels, it turns to Endless mode and shifts it a bit. To get the absolute best gear from Endless Mode you'll needed to farm Jade Cyclops for -some- good gear. So now we have a bit of an annoyance. Without that Jade Cyclops and that level 44 weapon, it's going to be a tragic road ahead on the 110+ levels of Endless (where Legendaries drop). Legendary drops from Endless are very seldom and even Wondrous drops are only 9 gs levels above the Unbreakable gear. We want better gear. Trying to get that active gear is what keeps us playing. It should never be easy to get but should never take months to get a single piece. I think that balance has shifted a bit. I think that Endless Mode levels need to be scaled back to allow players to progress through at least another tier (10 - 20 endless levels) to increase their chances at getting gear. At this point the game has monetized the higher level players by 'gating' their access to better gear due to the cool down on ship tokens as well as revives that will surely be purchased to have a chance at that higher tier loot. Why not further incentivize players by allowing them to progress a little further through Endless Mode?

Give us these changes along with a reply/retry button and you will retain higher level players for longer periods of time.

- Neggie

Comments

• Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Yeah, i agree with this. However, the new gear sux anyways, and i dont care about the pet. Endless mode is supposed to be really hard.

And everything in beast offering can be found, except better. For me, the aesthetic is my gs. And Glu made sure that nothing in the expensive part of the offerings is too good, cuz then everyone would leave, as then people who pay money can get what they want.

What I really want is some GODLY ITEMS. And not of ****ING FORTITUDE OR VULTURE, but of BERSERKER AND RESOLVE!!!!!!!!!
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    SuperstargumSuperstargum Registered Users 197 Posts
    I see a legendary drop at least 1 every 2 days of farming Endless... I usually make it past 120... and seldom get to 125.. Granted all the legendary's I've found so far are Fortitude and/or some other worthless option... I would appreciate vulture/berserking... Resolve on the armor... The chance of a piece dropping is sooo low but then to get a useless piece really sucks..
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    Well I have a lv50 mage, to me all tokens are still useful. Regents are needed for fuse fests and eyes can only really come from endless or tokens. Yes they can come from long levels but even 2 minutes feels like a long time to redo 100s of times.

One thing you are missing which I have said a few times in the suggestion forum is the imbalance with gold and sigils. You will always be short of gold, even at level 50 and always have to many sigils.
  • Options
    neggieneggie Registered Users 6 Posts
    I see a legendary drop at least 1 every 2 days of farming Endless... I usually make it past 120... and seldom get to 125.. Granted all the legendary's I've found so far are Fortitude and/or some other worthless option... I would appreciate vulture/berserking... Resolve on the armor... The chance of a piece dropping is sooo low but then to get a useless piece really sucks..
    Wow? Really? I've ran endless pretty much consistently since the patch (whenever tokens reset, I'm in there) and on a similar success ratio vs endless levels as you and I've seen one Unbreakable item, no Godly. I've seen my share of Wondrous items but no lvl 44+ Legendary items. I'm running it around 8 times a day, I'd estimate, with 2 - 3 tiers completed per run. Very frustrating.
  • Options
    pelepalapelepala Registered Users 349 Posts
    endless has never been kind with me, out of all the endless run since intro. got 1 godly for mnk and mm for war and thats it.
  • Options
    Endless has given me one godly boots of resolve, one godly helm of fortitude, and one godly talisman of tracker. The drop rate is just so bad that i thought glu would take pity on us and let the new bosses have godlies and murdermaker.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    This is all really helpful feedback and we appreciate it.
  • Options
    gluadmin wrote: »
    This is all really helpful feedback and we appreciate it.

I have no words. Just that I hope that you are listening. And make us happy.
  • Options
    neggie wrote: »
    As I'm sure most of this has already been said in various forms (and various perspectives), I'll try to take a more broad approach.

I like the old model where the second best tier can drop for the Blood God (once again, whatever token we're currently on) but you might as well make one piece of the top tier loot available too. That piece should change each month (January Goldy Helm, February Godly Gauntlets, etc) but always have a extremely low drop chance of being rewarded. The top tier piece should always be featured at the top of the reward list for that token type as to give players more incentive to purchase more tokens.

- Neggie

I would hate it if they put godlies in the offerings. that would show that this would become a pay-to-win game. Just increase drop rates, Glu! (not too high, good gear should be awarded, not given)
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    I have no words. Just that I hope that you are listening. And make us happy.

Sadly, I'm not on the game team personally so I can't make changes to the game; but we do relay feedback to the teams and they do check out the forums. Reviews of the game have a lot of traction, so adding feedback there helps as well.
  • Options
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Sadly, I'm not on the game team personally so I can't make changes to the game; but we do relay feedback to the teams and they do check out the forums. Reviews of the game have a lot of traction, so adding feedback there helps as well.

Yes, i am aware that you have no power of the development of the game. But i do hope that you really did pass on this feedback, and that the developers really do listen to our cries.
  • Options
    CooLTanGCooLTanG Registered Users 26 Posts
    Good post, although I feel the higher tier of weapons should drop outside endless (if they don't scale back endless that is). The Godly armors/rings/neck would be fine to in endless only. I do believe they should just forgo the "of Fortitude" Godly gear, and just stick with 1 legendary type. AKA of resolve & of berserker & of vulture.

Retry/Replay button is a MUST!
  • Options
    ImrulkzImrulkz Registered Users 677 Posts
    Yeah i just want increase drope rate no more on endless.
  • Options
    Imrulkz wrote: »
    Yeah i just want increase drope rate no more on endless.

I pretty much quit endless after week 3. Too sick of it now.
  • Options
    ImrulkzImrulkz Registered Users 677 Posts
    I pretty much quit endless after week 3. Too sick of it now.

Me too friend, RAGE QUIT!!!! Fedup with drop rate.
  • Options
    SoFuQSoFuQ Registered Users 20 Posts
    Well said, they need to do something or players are going to start bailing (myself included). After the 10,000th time of beating hellboy, starts getting old (especially with the same drops.. over and over and over... and over)
  • Options
    EdgarsEdgars Registered Users 50 Posts
    I play monk, if not lv44 weapon from jade cyclop, i would never be able to beat endless lv115, means there is no way to progress. Even with lv44 weapon i die 60% of time at floor 114/115. Cmon, thats not seriously... Im not ready to farm endless for 1 year to get 1 godly item.
  • Options
    Edgars wrote: »
    I play monk, if not lv44 weapon from jade cyclop, i would never be able to beat endless lv115, means there is no way to progress. Even with lv44 weapon i die 60% of time at floor 114/115. Cmon, thats not seriously... Im not ready to farm endless for 1 year to get 1 godly item.

Youre right, that's unreasonable. I think to get one godly item, you need to farm for much more than one year.
  • Options
    HemantmaliksHemantmaliks Registered Users 116 Posts
    Patience is a Virtue, :D
  • Options
    Patience is a Virtue, :D

So is learning how to walk away from your problems instead of bashing on it in forums.

Oops, I better work on that:)
  • Options
    Big SageBig Sage Registered Users 317 Posts
    Great topic man
    -Sagelz