Options

Guild member ranks

CthunCthun Registered Users 35 Posts
It would be nice to have more ranks in the guilds than member, officer, senior officer and guild leader. I propose adding two additional ranks: 1. initiate (or junior member) as a rank below member. 2. Senior member as a rank between member and officer. This adds some meaning to members who have been in for a significant amount of time by allowing promotion to a higher position, even if they are not officer ready or appropriate. Additionally, the initiate tag would allow the GL and officers to monitor activity of newer members more readily, in my opinion.

Comments

• Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Cthun wrote: »
    It would be nice to have more ranks in the guilds than member, officer, senior officer and guild leader. Especially since any promotion means the member can kick lower members. I propose adding two additional ranks: 1. initiate (or junior member) as a rank below member. 2. Senior member as a rank between member and officer. This adds some meaning to members who have been in for a significant amount of time by allowing promotion to a higher position, even if they are not officer ready or appropriate. Additionally, the initiate tag would allow the GL and officers to monitor activity of newer members more readily, in my opinion.

Another option for the problem with the first promotion rank having kicking power would be to allow the guild leader and senior officers to decide invite/kick power for officers by allowing the ability to activate that control by the senior officers and GL. This seems more challenging and convoluted than just adding some other ranks to me though.

Regular officers are not allowed to kick.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    Regular officers are not allowed to kick.

Hmm, interesting. I had one of my seniors demote to check this weekend and he said they could. I'll have to doubly confirm then. Regardless additional ranks would be beneficial imo
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Cthun wrote: »
    Hmm, interesting. I had one of my seniors demote to check this weekend and he said they could. I'll have to doubly confirm then. Regardless additional ranks would be beneficial imo

The kick button shows, but when you click it, it shows a message that says "your leader has not given you permission"
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    The kick button shows, but when you click it, it shows a message that says "your leader has not given you permission"

Thanks that's good to know.