Options

A Lesson In IAP

InceptionInception Registered Users 18 Posts
Dear Glu,

As I am sure you are far too well aware by now, suggesting that users spend $480 for a weapon that won't open up any new content or really help in any way is just a tad bit on the outrageous side. The most successful games capitalize on the social piece of game. Speaking from experience, I am much more likely to contribute cash to a game if I know it would have some positive impact on my guild as well as better position me for the the future. If we know that there was a future of this game (such as co-op, expanded multiplayer, etc) the high level players might actually be a little bit more likely to consider purchasing items. But you haven't given us any idea what to expect so why would we shell out an incredulous amount of cash? So that we can continue to beat ****py Jade Forest monsters that drop nothing?

EW3 tried to build a social community within this game, but so far has failed. Guilds are glorified chat rooms that serve only to rank in tournaments where the prizes absolutely suck. There is no reason to contribute. I was impressed when I saw the "town" that was built at the main screen of this game...until I realized that they are all just computer bots?

Here would have been a much better formula for this tournament. Offer the same great prizes. Instead of having individual spending tiers, have guild tiers. If your guild achieves a tier you all get rewarded. You are Much More Likely to get 10 players spending 49.99 each instead of asking someone to commit a week's paycheck to a game. You then capitalize/profit on the social pressure to contribute to your guild. Or tell us what the future is for this game. For me, if there is never going to be co-op (I could care less about PvP) I would quit the game outright today. I'm continuing to play on the shoestring hope that maybe some sort of Co-op will one day be offered. If I knew this as fact I might be more likely to spend gems on this game.

On top of that, we've heard countless stories of people spending money on gems, but not receiving the gems? And then a Customer Service Team that takes upwards of 10 days to respond to a single ticket? Am I going to spend money on a game where I'm not even sure if the gems will make it to me?

I have a $50 I-Tunes Card right now that I've been holding on to for 2 months. Glu has given me no reason to spend that 50 dollars on them so more than likely I am going to go spend it on a game that has a real community and has a half-way decent customer service team that can handle the volume of players that it attracts.

Glu needs to seriously re-visit their strategy if they want to continue to thrive as a company. Short-term you may do fine, but this won't last long.

- A disgruntled player.

Comments

• Options
    BranbashBranbash Registered Users 19 Posts
    Totally agree. I have given this game a 1* on the app store. If they want this to change to a 5* then they need to start listening to us players and making the game fun for us.
  • Options
    InceptionInception Registered Users 18 Posts
    We all should be doing that if we haven't already.