Options

Google + back up?

After I updated the game a message showed up telling me that if I linked my google + account to EW3 it would backup the game. At that time I said no, if I link it now will it still backup?

Comments

• Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    rovillalob wrote: »
    After I updated the game a message showed up telling me that if I linked my google + account to EW3 it would backup the game. At that time I said no, if I link it now will it still backup?

I don't know if this is the sort of backup you mean but I have two android tablets and can play the same game on both. It works best if I completely exit from one tablet and pick up the other. Sometimes I forget and have had some problems. I've unlocked a new area on one tablet and get a quest to repeat that area. Then on the other tablet I have the quest to repeat the new area but when I go there it's locked.

It's completely automatic. You can't hit a button and say backup now or restore now. Too many problems with people not getting what the want with offerings etc and then restoring...
  • Options
    rovillalobrovillalob Registered Users 18 Posts
    So if I uninstall the game and then install it again, will I keep my account and progress?
  • Options
    EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    ^If you backed it up, yes.
  • Options
    SuperstargumSuperstargum Registered Users 197 Posts
    make sure you connect with Google + and make sure it was properly backed up and you should be fine =)
  • Options
    dejavuetalldejavuetall Registered Users 9 Posts
    Just used Google+ to log on my pad. It works
  • Options
    royl256royl256 Registered Users 52 Posts
    That's really good to know, for some reason i got the impression that you could only use 1 device. How well does the game play on 4G? I only use my wireless network at home to play on my tablet.
  • Options
    royl256 wrote: »
    That's really good to know, for some reason i got the impression that you could only use 1 device. How well does the game play on 4G? I only use my wireless network at home to play on my tablet.

The network only makes a difference in a few scenarios:

-login
    -win/buy/sell operations using coin, gems, cash or items (fusion)
    -transition between areas like town, endless, battle

My guess is that part of what's going on in the long wait while you go into a battle or map mission is server communication. Watch the spinner and you'll see it stall out as data is processed, spin as it waits on the server etc. The wait time changes with network speed and quality.

Once the fight starts you don't need to be online at all. Once the fight ends you can't see your loot until you get back online. How do I know this? Because the workout room at work is always dropping my wifi connection and because I'm a geek and pay attention to this sort of thing.
  • Options
    rovillalobrovillalob Registered Users 18 Posts
    make sure you connect with Google + and make sure it was properly backed up and you should be fine =)
    and how can I know if it backed up succesfully? I asume that happens every time the game conects to internet, but I'm not sure
  • Options
    rovillalob wrote: »
    and how can I know if it backed up successfully? I asume that happens every time the game conects to internet, but I'm not sure

That's the thing. like any backup the only way to know 100% for sure that it works is to delete everything and use the backup to restore. I'm not willing to do that :)

If you have two devices you can close one device after making a change of some sort and then open on the other. Perhaps with enough testing you can deduce just how it works.