increase item find

2Next

Comments

• royl256royl256 Registered Users 52 Posts
    Thanks for the help, with all my gear being resolve and ring is vulture I'm over 300%, so I only use a butcher sword and have a berserker talisman since that's all I could find in unbreakable.
  • SuperstargumSuperstargum Registered Users 197 Posts
    Um I think with Master Yangs you should be ok through 125 with a little parry action... but anything past 125 will be difficult and extremely luck based... MM for the CC makes a big difference by far but if your goal is to consistently clear up to 125 Yang would work as well.

I get to 130 and Im done... I cant clear 135 to save my life so I dont even try anymore rofl

FYI - I do not use pots and refuse to use them =) It puts a dent in my ego rofl
  • MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    Well, then we were both wrong. Or rather we both didnt read the whole thing.

Anyway, IIF has practically no effect in endless. I go in with 250, i get godly boots and a Murdernaker. I go in with 350 IIF, and either die before 120 or get all greens and greys, maybe one blue. Please explain that to me.

Because that's how probability works. Percent increases aren't added, they are multiplicative. That is, if there is a 0.1% chance of something happening, and you get an iif of 350%, that doesn't make it a 3.60% chance, or a 350.1% chance, it makes it a 0.35% chance. That's still more than 3x the regular chance to drop, but it's still a low drop. And that would be if the loot tables worked that way, which they don't. They work more similar to Diablo 2's (although not exactly the same).

The tl;dr is that IIF helps, quite a bit, and without enough IIF, some items will never drop on certain tables :)
  • EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    Moloch wrote: »
    The tl;dr is that IIF helps, quite a bit, and without enough IIF, some items will never drop on certain tables :)

Wow...should of told the players earlier. I suspect that for Jade forest you need 200~300%+ IIF to find gold items. There's no way that I've been farming for 2 weeks and didn't get a single gold/wing from RR for my mage.

Ok so that really ****es me off... So what your saying is the people that were farming Wolfman and have racked over 8k kills would have never really had a chance at the wings anyway without enough IIF? That is probably the sickest thing I've heard so far... retarded... stupid... Cant put it into words... 3 days of continuous killing for not even a 0.000000001 chance....
  • JonWayneJonWayne Registered Users 459 Posts
    Because that's how probability works. Percent increases aren't added, they are multiplicative. That is, if there is a 0.1% chance of something happening, and you get an iif of 350%, that doesn't make it a 3.60% chance, or a 350.1% chance, it makes it a 0.35% chance. That's still more than 3x the regular chance to drop, but it's still a low drop. And that would be if the loot tables worked that way, which they don't. They work more similar to Diablo 2's (although not exactly the same).

I find your statement contradicting. If IIF is multiplicative, then the only way for "some items will never drop on certain tables" is when the drop rate is 0.
  • s4df4ces4df4ce Registered Users 141 Posts
    JonWayne wrote: »
    I find your statement contradicting. If IIF is multiplicative, then the only way for "some items will never drop on certain tables" is when the drop rate is 0.

If it is true then some items drop rate are zero hence people are killing stuffs endlessly not realizing their chance to get that item is absolutely zero.. Given that their IIF is not enough.. Wow sickening to know it!
  • ThaDoctorThaDoctor Registered Users 50 Posts
    s4df4ce wrote: »
    If it is true then some items drop rate are zero hence people are killing stuffs endlessly not realizing their chance to get that item is absolutely zero.. Given that their IIF is not enough.. Wow sickening to know it!

More likely, what he means is something like you start getting demon prince reagent immediately after legendary nian at wolf fang pass. You probably are unable to get demon prince hearts till later zones, like thrundheim, but with enoug IIF you start getting hearts to drop at earlier zones because the IIF adds them to the loot table. Or perhaps regular trash mobs start dropping higher reagents and items at a higher IIF, but bosses remain the same. He could have meant a million different things with that statement.

I highly doubt that it affects things like wings. If a Jade boss says it drops wings, it will always drop wings regardless of IIF.
  • VultureVulture Registered Users 13 Posts

Is that included wings?
    Please answer it, because after mindless uncounted killing, people have a right to know..
    And please tell us the minimum iif for wings.. :(
    Vulture wrote: »
    Is that included wings?
    Please answer it, because after mindless uncounted killing, people have a right to know..
    And please tell us the minimum iif for wings.. :(

No, that does not include wings. We specifically made sure that wings ALWAYS have a chance to drop.
    JonWayne wrote: »

If you meet the minimum threshold of a drop, then it works in a multiplicative manner for increasing the chance of that drop. I can't go much more indepth than that on the subject :)
  • VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    Could it be some bug with high IIF?
    I feel like 270 has higher chance to get godly on tower, than 390~450.
  • d1ck42od1ck42o Registered Users 49 Posts
    I also noticed on ivar my mage had 157 iif amd found 2 unbreakables and a bunch of shards. Now it is at 210, cant find anything good from him.
    My mnk has 376 and hardly find shards or anything godly in towers. I put on berserker and bring iif to 250ish and find godly much more frequently. I dont understand lol
    VoidBlader wrote: »
    Could it be some bug with high IIF?
    I feel like 270 has higher chance to get godly on tower, than 390~450.

It's possible, although some quick testing on my part didn't show anything. I'll ask the devs to take a look, and if you can come back with any hard numbers, that would help back it up. Definitely worth taking a look at, don't want people misusing their time :)
    I got the few godly pieces that I have with 250% ish IIF... when I run up in there with 400+ I rarely get a blue drop let alone purple or gold...
  • K_OtiCK_OtiC Registered Users 165 Posts
    @ Murloch
    Personally I see a huge difference between servers/towns, iif always remains 350-460% depending which character I'm using. Any truth in reloading into a different town instance will effect what kind of drop chance/type? Or that certain characters are better at getting certain items? Seems my warrior can get multiple pairs of godly boots but my Mage gets more chests and helms?
  • harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    Sorry for typos, was trying to respond during red lights.

I would rather comments from someone on the inside and with connections to the game developers than someone behind me in traffic, texting on their phone while driving.
  • ZammarackZammarack Registered Users 30 Posts
    Well, we know that CC > IIF, seems to me that CC does help you kill bosses faster, and I belive the faster the bosses doe, the better drops are rewarded, SOMETIMES.
    I'm The Best ~ Imperishable
    Zammarack wrote: »
    Well, we know that CC > IIF, seems to me that CC does help you kill bosses faster, and I belive the faster the bosses doe, the better drops are rewarded, SOMETIMES.

Completion time has no effect on drops.
    K_OtiC wrote: »
    @ Murloch
    Personally I see a huge difference between servers/towns, iif always remains 350-460% depending which character I'm using. Any truth in reloading into a different town instance will effect what kind of drop chance/type? Or that certain characters are better at getting certain items? Seems my warrior can get multiple pairs of godly boots but my Mage gets more chests and helms?

There shouldn't be, and my testing has not shown it to be. Be careful of of type I errors: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_I_error#Type_I_error

Now, of course, there could be a bug involved, but aggregate result collecting looks like loot tables and IIF are working as intended.
    Moloch, my good man. Will Glu ever confirm or deny some of the more ambiguous aspects of IIF? I'd like to have a moderator post that I can point to that specifically states the effects. Please tell me how true the following statement is:

"IIF improves the quality of items that are dropped. It does not affect the number of items dropped. IIF increases the percentage of Rare, Epic, and Legendary items dropping and reduces the percentage of White and Green items. IIF affects items and reagents both. IIF is not affected by diminishing returns. 1% of IIF increase at base is equal to 1% of IIF increase at +350%."

Is any of that incorrect? Thank you for your time.
    All of that is correct except "It does not affect the number of items dropped". Note that because of the way loot drops works, it is only going to help in some corner cases, and will most likely only ever increase the drop by one. But saying it does not would be inaccurate.
    All of that is correct except "It does not affect the number of items dropped". Note that because of the way loot drops works, it is only going to help in some corner cases, and will most likely only ever increase the drop by one. But saying it does not would be inaccurate.

oh! Very interesting! So it's circumstantial? Not a linear increase in drops, but helps push that last fractional item up enough to count as an additional drop?

Thanks so much for the confirmation on the other things Moloch. This answers so many questions.
    Aite, I got both MM and Master Yang Blade, so I wanna know wether to use MM or Yang to farm endless. Anyone can answer that plissssss :c

For Godlys that is :/
  • ComarComar Registered Users 65 Posts
    Aite, I got both MM and Master Yang Blade, so I wanna know wether to use MM or Yang to farm endless. Anyone can answer that plissssss :c

For Godlys that is :/

Depends. Are you able to kill mobs from waves 110+? As a warrior can get up to 120 with Yang's, but eventually you need MM to progress higher.
  • LactrixLactrix Registered Users 141 Posts
    I hate everyone who wealds mm.... 5weeks farming at about 360iif no drop. Minimum of 5-8runs a day. Loads more during endless tour.... Gl u must have removed its files from my data :'(((
    Comar wrote: »
    Depends. Are you able to kill mobs from waves 110+? As a warrior can get up to 120 with Yang's, but eventually you need MM to progress higher.

Haven't started using Yangs yet, so idk if to max it or not, but I can easily make it to like 127-128 with MM
  • ComarComar Registered Users 65 Posts
    Haven't started using Yangs yet, so idk if to max it or not, but I can easily make it to like 127-128 with MM

Yang's is a good one to level and use for farming. Same with using vulture accessories, will boost IIF, and keep CC and CD.
    Comar wrote: »
    Yang's is a good one to level and use for farming. Same with using vulture accessories, will boost IIF, and keep CC and CD.

Kay thnx a lot. :)
    Just wondered cuz wasn't too sure