Blood Drop Rates

I'm curious about the drop rates of bloods. Are they suppose to be low or something? I'm farming Legendary Hellboy and I'm getting more Demon Prince Heart's than Demon Prince Blood's, and it would seem to me that bloods are more important because we need them to evolve gear to 1 and 2 stars and the amount of bloods needed to evolve isn't low. Also, why do bosses drop so many sigils? I have 100+ sigils and almost always less than 10 bloods, and my next evolve will need 10 bloods, and I'll need a lot more for future evolves.

Right now I have (Demon Prince reagents):

Eye: 54.
Blood: 3.
Sigil: 160.
Heart: 27.
Soulshard: 3.

Comments

• pelepalapelepala Registered Users 349 Posts
    Thats a problem alot of player are facing. Sigil overflowed. actually sigil is more important since its the only reagent that use in all 3 stage, but with the extreme generous drop rate of sigil its seem they are less important.
  • ThaDoctorThaDoctor Registered Users 50 Posts
    Reduce your IIF to get more bloods off hellboy. IIF increases the chance for blues, purples, and golds to drop and also reduces the chance for greens and whites to drop. That means tons more sigils and less and less bloods.
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Actually, there are three ways to get bloods.

1) Endless mode 100+

2) Leg Thrundheim

3) Leg Hellboy

If you want to farm leg hellboy, i suggest you keep your IIF higher, as people say this helps get more soulshards.

Personally, IIF does nothing to help me.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
    ThaDoctor wrote: »
    Reduce your IIF to get more bloods off hellboy. IIF increases the chance for blues, purples, and golds to drop and also reduces the chance for greens and whites to drop. That means tons more sigils and less and less bloods.

This is not really correct.

I get almost the same drops from Leg HB with 380 IIF and 240 IIF.
    This is not really correct.

I get almost the same drops from Leg HB with 380 IIF and 240 IIF.

It is really correct actually. Exactly what was the difference in drops between the two or are you just postulating a conclusion from a perceived difference as opposed to specific data?
    It is really correct actually. Exactly what was the difference in drops between the two or are you just postulating a conclusion from a perceived difference as opposed to specific data?

Well, i never said it was incorrect. I said it's not really correct. Meaning that it could go both ways.

Let's look at the facts:

1) IIF is a stat.

2) Luck determines reality.

I once got 2 prince shards in one run from HB with 240 IIF. Then i proceeded to get 3 more in the next hour.

I farmed HB with 360 IIF, and i got 2 shards in an hour.

And besides, actual data on IIF doesn't exist.

Unless you want to ask 100 people to each do 10 thousand kills on hellboy and ask them to record what the drops were, like a real scientist.

Collect data and continue testing it, don't just test a small portion and claim that it is correct.
    Well, i never said it was incorrect. I said it's not really correct. Meaning that it could go both ways.

Let's look at the facts:

1) IIF is a stat.

2) Luck determines reality.

I once got 2 prince shards in one run from HB with 240 IIF. Then i proceeded to get 3 more in the next hour.

I farmed HB with 360 IIF, and i got 2 shards in an hour.

And besides, actual data on IIF doesn't exist.

Unless you want to ask 100 people to each do 10 thousand kills on hellboy and ask them to record what the drops were, like a real scientist.

Collect data and continue testing it, don't just test a small portion and claim that it is correct.

I did test it like a scientist and I posted that data on these very forums. yes....300 kills is a small sample, but the data was consistent and followed a pattern. Unless someone can show contradictory data, I will continue to point to it as evidence of a theory. Moloch himself confirmed that IIF affects WHAT drops and not HOW MUCH drops. If it affects the quality and not quantity then it makes sense that it incureases rare drops and reduces common drops. Bloods and eyes are common drops, sigils hearts and shards are rare drops. More iif means more sigils and less bloods. My data was consistent with that assumption. I don't want to be snippy and confrontational with you because you're a very regular poster on these forums, but you can't just come in and claim something is wrong without any evidence to the contrary.

That's not to say you are incorrect about your example, though. I noticed significantly more bloods after I went below 150 iif. I was farming tons of bloods at 38% the other day when I usually run about 300% and get all sigils. The difference between 240 iif and 360 iif might not be noticeable because they're both already too much iif for bloods. Drop that iif down much further and I bet you'll see a bigger difference.
  • FaraziFarazi Registered Users 31 Posts
    That's not to say you are incorrect about your example, though. I noticed significantly more bloods after I went below 150 iif. I was farming tons of bloods at 38% the other day when I usually run about 300% and get all sigils. The difference between 240 iif and 360 iif might not be noticeable because they're both already too much iif for bloods. Drop that iif down much further and I bet you'll see a bigger difference.

I'll try to lower it. I have 172.7% IIF atm, ty. :)
    I did test it like a scientist and I posted that data on these very forums. yes....300 kills is a small sample, but the data was consistent and followed a pattern. Unless someone can show contradictory data, I will continue to point to it as evidence of a theory. Moloch himself confirmed that IIF affects WHAT drops and not HOW MUCH drops. If it affects the quality and not quantity then it makes sense that it incureases rare drops and reduces common drops. Bloods and eyes are common drops, sigils hearts and shards are rare drops. More iif means more sigils and less bloods. My data was consistent with that assumption. I don't want to be snippy and confrontational with you because you're a very regular poster on these forums, but you can't just come in and claim something is wrong without any evidence to the contrary.

You make a fair point. I'll test this out myself:)

I take Moloch's point of view on IIF with a grain of salt, mainly because i have notoriously bad luck in the game.
  • SuperstargumSuperstargum Registered Users 197 Posts
    Well I can say you one thing... In any game you can have 100% IIF and have 2 SS's drop and have 400% and none drop... The idea is that it increases your chance doesnt mean you are guaranteed those drops... You would have do have 100k kills and record all drops to have a decent sample... 300 kills is way too low to determine how effective IIF is on a specific boss because luck would play too much a part in that sample.

So does IIF work? I would say it does because what idiot would build a stat into a game that has no effect... But how effective is it? Well it all depends on whether you want a 0.01% of something dropping or 0.03% of something dropping... Granted either way it's still low but it's still an increase by 300% =)

Also with Bloods... I would farm LHB until you have enough SS's to evo all your gear to 3 star.... Normally by this time you should have enough Bloods for all your 1 and 2 star evos... This is if you do endless runs whenever possible and also do your dailies which will net you some Bloods... and continue to run Endless whenever possible =)

You will get to a point when you have 300+ bloods and nothing to use them for... 500+ eyes... 80+ shards... and 1600 sigils (This is just stupid) My advice... just take it nice and slow (DO NOT USE GEMS for reagents...)
  • TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts
    If you have only 1600 sigils and 800 blood + eye you're a very lucky person. Say more like 4-5000 sigils for that amount of blood. And probably you'll have more blood than eyes since eyes don't drop from Bosses. It's true that in endless the drop rate for eye and blood is pretty high. Whenever I collect 200 sigils I sell them because they are so easy to get.
    So does IIF work? I would say it does because what idiot would build a stat into a game that has no effect... But how effective is it? Well it all depends on whether you want a 0.01% of something dropping or 0.03% of something dropping... Granted either way it's still low but it's still an increase by 300% =)

From my experience, IIF isn't worth keeping if you have an item that is otherwise an upgrade. I always choose the fortitude upgrade over a resolve inferior piece. Any actual ability to kill far outweighs the marginal benefit of IIF until you've started farming unbreakable and endless. At that point, it's all about increasing your chances of godly drops.