Farming Normal Hellboy Useless

nellydesignnellydesign Registered Users 10 Posts
I haven't gotten a single decent drop from normal hellboy. And I mean decent by appropriate to my level and gearscore. When I first beat him I was under the GS level and every drop was for an item worse than what I currently have equipped. Hell, the level of gear dropping from him is LOWER than the stuff that drops from Helgard. I don't understand it. I guess I could farm him for Demon Soulshards but that's pretty much a waste of time. So I guess it's on to Legendary to get stuck at 2300 GS and needing 3000 to kill legendary cyclops.

Comments

• VykusSouldrinkerVykusSouldrinker Registered Users 173 Posts
    On a related not, I have been farming hellboy on normal as well, and I actually did get a gold sword. The Widow Maker, lvl 26. I am disappointed though it has cc but no cd. Should I keep farming for a better gold weapon, or just try and max that out and see if it can get to me defeat leg cyclops? Right now I just beat ancient caverns(leg mode).
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    On a related not, I have been farming hellboy on normal as well, and I actually did get a gold sword. The Widow Maker, lvl 26. I am disappointed though it has cc but no cd. Should I keep farming for a better gold weapon, or just try and max that out and see if it can get to me defeat leg cyclops? Right now I just beat ancient caverns(leg mode).

Max it. Never farm for a CC/CD weapon unless you are end game and have nothing else to do.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • CthunCthun Registered Users 35 Posts
    I haven't gotten a single decent drop from normal hellboy. And I mean decent by appropriate to my level and gearscore. When I first beat him I was under the GS level and every drop was for an item worse than what I currently have equipped. Hell, the level of gear dropping from him is LOWER than the stuff that drops from Helgard. I don't understand it. I guess I could farm him for Demon Soulshards but that's pretty much a waste of time. So I guess it's on to Legendary to get stuck at 2300 GS and needing 3000 to kill legendary cyclops.

What's ur IIF and how many times have u killed him? I farmed him until i got a 26 gold wep. My IIF was not great (probably in the 50-60 range) and it took me a good 100-150 kills I'd say, which isn't abnormal. I evo'd up a 26 purple while I was farming to make kills faster as well.
  • krok8krok8 Registered Users 161 Posts
    On my side, I got a lvl 26 gold weap (cc + cd) with my monk quite esily (i know, I was lucky).

Now, I working on my warrior. My IIF is around 110% and I didn't saw any gold item since I'm farming HB. I probably killed him 100 to 110 times. I'll give him another 100 kill and might move on leg cyclop with my epic lvl 26 sword of the butcher.

My current sword is evolved at 15/15 and I have all the reagents I need to max it. Is anyone know if I'll be able to kill leg cyclop easily with that sword? Just asking as I always got a gold weap quickly with my monk.
    Playing EW3 on iOS & EW4 on Android
    krok8 wrote: »
    On my side, I got a lvl 26 gold weap (cc + cd) with my monk quite esily (i know, I was lucky).

Now, I working on my warrior. My IIF is around 110% and I didn't saw any gold item since I'm farming HB. I probably killed him 100 to 110 times. I'll give him another 100 kill and might move on leg cyclop with my epic lvl 26 sword of the butcher.

My current sword is evolved at 15/15 and I have all the reagents I need to max it. Is anyone know if I'll be able to kill leg cyclop easily with that sword? Just asking as I always got a gold weap quickly with my monk.

Epic lvl 26 is good enough.
    Epic lvl 26 is good enough.

Good to know!
    After reading your message, i was about to max my epic sword but i decided to kill hellboy one more time... and you know what?
    I got a legendary lvl 26 gold sword. Yay! But... This sword has cc and iif... And lower gs than my butcher sword.

So... My big question, which one should i keep? Is the base atk of the gold sword will be higher than my epic butcher sword?
    If the answer is yes, I'll go with the gold one as the iif could be good to get a lvl 31 gold weap from cyclop and move on faster to nian!
    Good to know!
    After reading your message, i was about to max my epic sword but i decided to kill hellboy one more time... and you know what?
    I got a legendary lvl 26 gold sword. Yay! But... This sword has cc and iif... And lower gs than my butcher sword.

So... My big question, which one should i keep? Is the base atk of the gold sword will be higher than my epic butcher sword?
    If the answer is yes, I'll go with the gold one as the iif could be good to get a lvl 31 gold weap from cyclop and move on faster to nian!

That's weird. Every gold lvl 26 should be more powerful than purple lvl 26.

But if they are the same level, i suggest you level up your gold lvl 26.
    That's weird. Every gold lvl 26 should be more powerful than purple lvl 26.

But if they are the same level, i suggest you level up your gold lvl 26.

Yeah thats weird, it's probably more powerful but cc and iif provide less gs than cc and cd. Even the godly vulture gears have lower gs than the unbreakable berserker gears.
    Yeah thats weird, it's probably more powerful but cc and iif provide less gs than cc and cd. Even the godly vulture gears have lower gs than the unbreakable berserker gears.

I say max the gold.
    So in keeping with this thread, I now have 2 Gold weapons I farmed from Hellboy(normal mode). I got a 26 Gold sword called The Widow Maker, which has only cc, max gs is 1030. I also got the Terror Blade, which is Gold lvl 21 and has cc/cd max gs is 954. I also got a purple 26 sword of the Raider cd/iif. Now I am really disappointed because I want the lvl 26 gold with cc/cd and I haven't got it. I am starting to go crazy been farming him 4+ hours a day for 3 straight days with around a 45 sec kill time.

People have told me that the lvl 26 Gold with only cc won't be good enough to defeat leg cyclops. Should I max that out anyway and try leg cyclops? or should I max the Terror Blade out with a little less max gs but both cc and cd? Or should I max the purple sword of the Raider and keep farming him so maybe the extra iif will get me the lvl 26 gold with cc/cd?(current sword doesn't have any iif at all) Farming the reagents is another story, but I am pretty good with hearts/soulshards for now.

Thnx

Vykus
  • rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    So in keeping with this thread, I now have 2 Gold weapons I farmed from Hellboy(normal mode). I got a 26 Gold sword called The Widow Maker, which has only cc, max gs is 1030. I also got the Terror Blade, which is Gold lvl 21 and has cc/cd max gs is 954. I also got a purple 26 sword of the Raider cd/iif. Now I am really disappointed because I want the lvl 26 gold with cc/cd and I haven't got it. I am starting to go crazy been farming him 4+ hours a day for 3 straight days with around a 45 sec kill time.

People have told me that the lvl 26 Gold with only cc won't be good enough to defeat leg cyclops. Should I max that out anyway and try leg cyclops? or should I max the Terror Blade out with a little less max gs but both cc and cd? Or should I max the purple sword of the Raider and keep farming him so maybe the extra iif will get me the lvl 26 gold with cc/cd?(current sword doesn't have any iif at all) Farming the reagents is another story, but I am pretty good with hearts/soulshards for now.

Thnx

Vykus

Consider that any of these weapons will need to be replaced eventually and you will be down to two relevant questions.
    1. Will one of these let you consistently beat legendary Cyclops when fully maxed? If so you have the option of changing from weapon farming to soul shard farming.
    2. Will one of these let you consistently beat Legendary Cyclops without the soul shards (fused to 15/15 but without the final evolve)? If so then get fusing and move on.

When you're ready to farm L Cyclops you'll find you're stuck again because you won't be able to beat Nian and need a better weapon. Lather rinse repeat...
    rewand wrote: »
    Consider that any of these weapons will need to be replaced eventually and you will be down to two relevant questions.
    1. Will one of these let you consistently beat legendary Cyclops when fully maxed? If so you have the option of changing from weapon farming to soul shard farming.
    2. Will one of these let you consistently beat Legendary Cyclops without the soul shards (fused to 15/15 but without the final evolve)? If so then get fusing and move on.

When you're ready to farm L Cyclops you'll find you're stuck again because you won't be able to beat Nian and need a better weapon. Lather rinse repeat...

I appreciate the response. Well I don't know if any of these weapons will allow me to farm leg cyclops. I have some other gear needs but obviously right now upgrading weap is most important(still using maxed lvl 26 green).
    Ok so then let me ask you this: whats better to max the Gold lvl 26 with cc only and max gs 1030 or the Gold lvl 21 Terror Blade with cc/cd max gs 954? I guess whichever one is better out of those two I will max and try to farm leg cyclops. Thanks

Vykus
  • pelepalapelepala Registered Users 349 Posts
    I appreciate the response. Well I don't know if any of these weapons will allow me to farm leg cyclops. I have some other gear needs but obviously right now upgrading weap is most important(still using maxed lvl 26 green).
    Ok so then let me ask you this: whats better to max the Gold lvl 26 with cc only and max gs 1030 or the Gold lvl 21 Terror Blade with cc/cd max gs 954? I guess whichever one is better out of those two I will max and try to farm leg cyclops. Thanks

Vykus

A lvl 21: blue rarity and up should able to farm cyclop in around 6-8mins.
    a lvl 26 weapon will be around 3-5mins.

If both weapon is the same rarity go with the one with the highest lvl. in your case since lvl 21 and 26 use the same reagant max the lvl 26 sword since its has higher raw attack.
    pelepala wrote: »
    A lvl 21: blue rarity and up should able to farm cyclop in around 6-8mins.
    a lvl 26 weapon will be around 3-5mins.

If both weapon is the same rarity go with the one with the highest lvl. in your case since lvl 21 and 26 use the same reagant max the lvl 26 sword since its has higher raw attack.

Ok thanks I will do that
  • worawatworawat Registered Users 36 Posts
    Don't waste your time farming anything on Normal Mode. The drop rate in Legendary Mode is much better than the Normal Mode, not to mention the items are way better.
  • VRWRXVRWRX Registered Users 59 Posts
    I'm stuck in this same spot. I'm level 35. I have beat normal hellboy but only a few times and never without potions. I can get through level 70 endless occasionally. I have the blue level 31 wicked sword of the butcher with max GS of 1266 with cc and cd only evolved once, ready for the second. My armor is mostly striking of resolve and berserker. But I can't upgrade anything because I need demon champion regents.

The problem is the only levels I can beat only give demon regents. For the last week I've been stuck hoping for demon champion regents from the offerings but at this rate it will take a year to upgrade what I have. Of course I have sigils but I need eyes, blood and hearts. They never seem to drop...I may get one of them a night.

At this point I need a better weapon. I can parry ok but I just can't do enough damage when I attack. What should I focus my time on? Do I struggle through killing normal hellboy until I get a better weapon? Will any of the legendary levels before cyclops drop a better weapon? I certainly can't beat legendary cyclops...

I know I shouldn't spend gems on regents but at this point I don't feel like I have much of a choice. Help! TY
    VRWRX wrote: »
    I'm stuck in this same spot. I'm level 35. I have beat normal hellboy but only a few times and never without potions. I can get through level 70 endless occasionally. I have the blue level 31 wicked sword of the butcher with max GS of 1266 with cc and cd only evolved once, ready for the second. My armor is mostly striking of resolve and berserker. But I can't upgrade anything because I need demon champion regents.

The problem is the only levels I can beat only give demon regents. For the last week I've been stuck hoping for demon champion regents from the offerings but at this rate it will take a year to upgrade what I have. Of course I have sigils but I need eyes, blood and hearts. They never seem to drop...I may get one of them a night.

At this point I need a better weapon. I can parry ok but I just can't do enough damage when I attack. What should I focus my time on? Do I struggle through killing normal hellboy until I get a better weapon? Will any of the legendary levels before cyclops drop a better weapon? I certainly can't beat legendary cyclops...

I know I shouldn't spend gems on regents but at this point I don't feel like I have much of a choice. Help! TY

Try getting a 31 purple from Leg Ancient Cavern, people have told me thats the way to go.. I guess the yellow skelly at the end will drop it

Ugh ur in a tough spot man. In the primer thread by JW2 it says something to the effect "play the game the way it's designed, or you'll get stuck unless you pay money". That means u need at least a purple max level, if not gold, wep from the main boss prior to be able to routinely beat the next main boss. In your case, nian was the farm point. Now u certainly can get lucky with a drop along the way between the two that obviates the need to farm the prior. If u go with the offering weps, it's hard to evo them due to lack of appropriate reagents. I keep this in mind when I play.

For you, I don't know how the ap on ur 10/10 blue 31 compares to a fully evo 21 gold, I'd imagine close, which makes me think u should be able to routinely down reg hb. Might be a strategy issue more than pure dmg. When I used a lower level wep while farming with the warrior, I let him drop me to about 50% hp to get some dmg output boost. Only problem is if u miss a parry, ur in trouble.

Cyclops is the easiest boss for warrior, because you can parry every single one of his attacks. Just try and beat him, because he drops purple lvl 31 like candy.
    Try getting a 31 purple from Leg Ancient Cavern, people have told me thats the way to go.. I guess the yellow skelly at the end will drop it

This is a good plan if you can routinely beat them, but this is the gear check pre-cyclops, so it might be a struggle even here. If you can like vykus said, it is a good place for the drop, 3 of my guildies who were just leveling alt characters got 31 epics in here.
    Cthun wrote: »
    This is a good plan if you can routinely beat them, but this is the gear check pre-cyclops, so it might be a struggle even here. If you can like vykus said, it is a good place for the drop, 3 of my guildies who were just leveling alt characters got 31 epics in here.

Why not just farm norm HB for gold 26 since purple 31 requires DC reagents?
    Why not just farm norm HB for gold 26 since purple 31 requires DC reagents?

If he has the reagents for the first evo (which it sounds like he doesn't) then the 31 purp may be enough at 10/10 to push him over the hump to get past leg cyclops, especially with a warrior, though I agree with you that the 26 gold is what he SHOULD have at this point, but HB is eating him alive. IF he is able to get his strategy down on HB so he can consistently beat him in a reasonable amount of time, then farming him makes more sense to me. Probably the correct progression if not able to get HB farmed reasonably is nian for 21 gold->HB for 26 gold->cyclops, but man that is going to take some time and luck. If he's able to skip any of that sequence it will save a bunch of time.
    Thank you all for your input. I appreciate it!

I can work on my strategy for normal hellboy but it will take time regardless. I only beat legendary ancient cavern once and that took potions. I realize now that hitting that milestone was a mistake because I lost the easy daily tasks and rewards with normal hellboy and helhard. Now I need to beat legendary ancient cavern and legendary cyclops consistently to get the daily rewards and that is tough. My mistake. I outpaced my gear.

I can farm normal Nian easily but I'm not sure how much benefit there is. I could easily spend 50 gems and probably be able to consistently beat normal hellboy. I'm thinking since I missed the "typical" checkpoints that's my only choice...

Thank you again for your input!
    Well I got sick of being stuck so I used gems to buy the regents to get my weapon to 15/15. I can beat NH but still can't quite beat LC. I can reliably beat ancient cavern though. So now I'm just bouncing between those three hoping to get lucky.

The next problem is that I leveled up again so now I'm getting demon prince regents from the offerings...so I'll likely be stuck again not able to progress to get demon champion regents.

Ugh