Options

Effects of IFF on reagents

rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
I've read some complaints of late regarding a shortage of blood reagents and an abundance of Sigil. I've very much blocked on Blood. Soul shard blockage I understand but blood? then yesterday I saw postings about how a high IFF can result in very few grey/green items particularly when farming higher level bosses.

I've been farming the Legendary Netherborn champ and found that I had to drop my IFF down to the 50-70% range before most fights would give me a DPB. Move to the 100% IFF range and most everything is DPS and DPH.

Now it looks like I have to farm even more. Once to get stuff worth upgrading and again to be able to upgrade.
NOTICE TO GLU: can you see why we need things like sell-all-new, sell-from-loot-screen and repeat-fight options? I remember reading of experiments in concentration camps where guards would test how much sawdust could be added to bread dough before it caused problems with the prisoners. Your game seems to be a similar. Let's see how much mindless grind will these rats tolerate if we give them a little fun now and again...

Update:
I dropped IIF to 0.0% and farmed L Netherborn ten times.
Blood: 5
Sigil: 15

I don't have the time or patience to do a 100 run sample but so far this looks skewed.

IFF references

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?97498-Data-on-iif-it-increases-quality-not-quantity#6

summarized here:
IIF improves the quality of items that are dropped. It does not affect the number of items dropped. IIF increases the percentage of Rare, Epic, and Legendary items dropping and reduces the percentage of White and Green items. IIF affects items and reagents both. IIF is not affected by diminishing returns. 1% of IIF increase at base is equal to 1% of IIF increase at +350%.

Comments

• Options
    royl256royl256 Registered Users 52 Posts
    I always shoot for resolve gear, so basically we'd have to have a set of fortitude to get blood and resolve for the hearts and possibility of soulshards lol, and I get a decent amount of dpe and dpb on tower runs, I start at 100 and go as far a a possible. Occasionally dph or dpss