Item find effects confirmed!

ThaDoctorThaDoctor Registered Users 50 Posts
Deep in a thread on the support & announcements forum I posed a question to Moloch, the moderator, about the effects of Item Find and he was kind enough to reply today and confirm some of the more confusing aspects of how this stat works. I'm going to post them here to increase it's visibility to interested players.

"Moloch, my good man. Will Glu ever confirm or deny some of the more ambiguous aspects of IIF? I'd like to have a moderator post that I can point to that specifically states the effects. Please tell me how true the following statement is:

"IIF improves the quality of items that are dropped. It does not affect the number of items dropped. IIF increases the percentage of Rare, Epic, and Legendary items dropping and reduces the percentage of White and Green items. IIF affects items and reagents both. IIF is not affected by diminishing returns. 1% of IIF increase at base is equal to 1% of IIF increase at +350%."

Is any of that incorrect? Thank you for your time."

To which he replied:

"All of that is correct except "It does not affect the number of items dropped". Note that because of the way loot drops works, it is only going to help in some corner cases, and will most likely only ever increase the drop by one. But saying it does not would be inaccurate."

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?98322-increase-item-find&p=160073&viewfull=1#post160073

This is significant because it confirms many things that were assumed about IIF. Most notably, reducing IIF will INCREASE the number of Demon Prince Blood drops comparative to sigils.

Comments

• cardshark22cardshark22 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Interesting
  • EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    it is only going to help in some corner cases, and will most likely only ever increase the drop by one.

So once you've reached a certain amount of IIF the quality of items won't go any better? I bet wings are one of those items that won't be affected by IIF much.
  • ThaDoctorThaDoctor Registered Users 50 Posts
    So once you've reached a certain amount of IIF the quality of items won't go any better? I bet wings are one of those items that won't be affected by IIF much.

He's talking about number of items dropped, not their quality, in that quote.
  • jerzy448jerzy448 Registered Users 58 Posts
    Either iif is bugged or doesnt work for me. There is no way that at 384 iif I should be dropping less yellows and soulshards than when at 250 -274. At 250 ~270 yellows and shards have a way better chance of dropping. With this higher iif I do not have any trouble finding demon prince bloods because all that drops is greens and whites with a few blues and purples sprinkled in.
    jerzy448 wrote: »
    Either iif is bugged or doesnt work for me. There is no way that at 384 iif I should be dropping less yellows and soulshards than when at 250 -274. At 250 ~270 yellows and shards have a way better chance of dropping. With this higher iif I do not have any trouble finding demon prince bloods because all that drops is greens and whites with a few blues and purples sprinkled in.

Random luck is random.
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    ThaDoctor wrote: »
    Random luck is random.

Which brings us to the main point of the game.......

luck
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • ComarComar Registered Users 65 Posts
    Which brings us to the main point of the game.......

luck

Really no difference from any RPG. If you got all your gear in one play through, game would lose its replay value really quickly. Doesn't mean drop rates needed to be as bad as they are now, so some balance needs to be found.

They really need more gear, with more stat bonuses to offer variety. The current gear is pretty linear, and there's no way to customize a character or specialize in certain skills. Makes the gameplay very flat and boring.
  • VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    So the rarest of the rare that has only 1% chance, wont increase at all even with 400% IIF. 400% of 1 is still 1?

And those with 1% is the one we want...

And I bet those godly on tower also has 1% :P
  • Jaynee killJaynee kill Registered Users 183 Posts
    Raising 1 by 400% dosent equal 1, youv got your calculation wrong if you raise 1 by 400% its 4 not 1
  • VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    Raising 1 by 400% dosent equal 1, youv got your calculation wrong if you raise 1 by 400% its 4 not 1

yeah I know but it said "1% of IIF increase at base is equal to 1% of IIF increase at +350%."

Or did I misunderstood this line?
    VoidBlader wrote: »
    yeah I know but it said "1% of IIF increase at base is equal to 1% of IIF increase at +350%."

Or did I misunderstood this line?

You misunderstood. I was talking about diminishing returns. A concept used in a lot of RPGs where stat points lose value after you have a certain amount of them. Example: after 200% you only get .5 iif for each stat point added.

Moloch confirmed that there are no diminishing returns on iif, so it's equal at any %. Having 400% iif will increase the chance by 4 times.