Mage and 1.2

nyjnnyjn Registered Users 151 Posts
Before Moloch edited his post on the update, he stated that the mages attacks would now deal the "right" elemental damage instead of pure physical damage.

Assuming this was actually true, which my runs on hellboy (fire resist) seem to show (30sec runs to 1+min runs), does that mean that glu effectively killed the mage given that two of his attacks are fire based?

Add to this that the new tower is fire, and that our only non-fire skill has a semi-long cooldown, I don't see how classes can now be balanced without paying for drills and good gems.

I refrained from whining about the last p2w tournament, but assuming I'm somewhat right (it is early here after all), this is getting ridiculous.

Just my morning 2 cents, hoping to hear from other players.

-n

Comments

• FyuryFyury Registered Users 5 Posts
    If that so, i think they need to change the skill of mage into ice and lightning only and remove the fire. lol
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    You know....if you flat out payed money...there would be no need to farm hellboy!
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • FenixFenix Registered Users 4 Posts
    so if the mage regular attack is not neutral, what element is it? and wouldn't that mean if we socket are weps with a rune different from this unknown elemental dmg that the new mage has, it will be dual wielding two elements? which will put the mage ahead of the other classes.

I see the runes being only more relevant for the end game--endless tower than the early stages.
  • EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    I noticed this too and yeah, Warrior seems to be the best class now. Monk and Mage is kinda on par now in terms of suckiness.

Btw I do think that one of the 2 fire offense skills should be changed into an ice one. Maybe an Ice beam or glacier eruption.
  • FenixFenix Registered Users 4 Posts
    I noticed this too and yeah, Warrior seems to be the best class now. Monk and Mage is kinda on par now in terms of suckiness.

Btw I do think that one of the 2 fire offense skills should be changed into an ice one. Maybe an Ice beam or glacier eruption.

You just socket Ice into a mages wep and your wep will be doing ice dmg, no? then you'll wield all 3 elements.
    Fenix wrote: »
    You just socket Ice into a mages wep and your wep will be doing ice dmg, no? then you'll wield all 3 elements.

Yeah, but as mage, you mostly use eruption and laser a lot. Like A LOT.

This update just screwed them all over....
  • nyjnnyjn Registered Users 151 Posts
    You know....if you flat out payed money...there would be no need to farm hellboy!

Glad I never spent a dime on this game, this update has more flaws then pros IMO
    Plus, I'm farming for my last bar of 49-50, so money wouldn't help
    Yeah, but as mage, you mostly use eruption and laser a lot. Like A LOT.

This update just screwed them all over....

Don't even use laser much, but eruption I spam quite a bit..

From what I figured out, the best way right now for mage would be to socket lightning damage and fire resistance.

Then we get to the next problem, I don't want to socket gray gems (which seem to be the only one dropping up to tower level 25 or so), and refuse to spend money on gems for the lottery which would probably yield the same ****py runes anyways..

I was exited when I read what was coming, but it's been more disappointment then enjoyment since the update for me.
    nyjn wrote: »
    Glad I never spent a dime on this game, this update has more flaws then pros IMO
    Plus, I'm farming for my last bar of 49-50, so money wouldn't help

Don't even use laser much, but eruption I spam quite a bit..

From what I figured out, the best way right now for mage would be to socket lightning damage and fire resistance.

Then we get to the next problem, I don't want to socket gray gems (which seem to be the only one dropping up to tower level 25 or so), and refuse to spend money on gems for the lottery which would probably yield the same ****py runes anyways..

I was exited when I read what was coming, but it's been more disappointment then enjoyment since the update for me.

I agree...so much wasted potential
  • MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    nyjn wrote: »
    Before Moloch edited his post on the update, he stated that the mages attacks would now deal the "right" elemental damage instead of pure physical damage.

Assuming this was actually true, which my runs on hellboy (fire resist) seem to show (30sec runs to 1+min runs), does that mean that glu effectively killed the mage given that two of his attacks are fire based?

Add to this that the new tower is fire, and that our only non-fire skill has a semi-long cooldown, I don't see how classes can now be balanced without paying for drills and good gems.

I refrained from whining about the last p2w tournament, but assuming I'm somewhat right (it is early here after all), this is getting ridiculous.

Just my morning 2 cents, hoping to hear from other players.

-n

All classes that have an element of magic to the attack now do a small amount of elemental damage as well. You will still need runes, just like everyone else, to be fully effective.
  • nyjnnyjn Registered Users 151 Posts
    Moloch wrote: »
    All classes that have an element of magic to the attack now do a small amount of elemental damage as well. You will still need runes, just like everyone else, to be fully effective.

I understand that, my main concern was that a mage has basically 4 skills (counting blink), two of which are fire based.

Just out of curiosity, what attacks from the monk/warrior are considered magic? they all seem pretty physical to me

Concerning runes, I'll see what happens when the drop rates are fixed. I'm hoping that they will since the flame tower is a lot harder than the regular tower yet still drops field reagents
  • EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    Rage of Vaj Ra had an electric effect on wolfman and fire effect on bearman. I guess that's probably one of the magical skills (I don't have any runes yet).
  • RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    Trust me im not advocating for glu here. But i dont see what yall are talking about with a mage nerf. I made it to 45 in new tower my first run. Look at most other peeps. Thats pretty good. Also my first run through hero tower i hit 134 with just a green lightning rune in wep. Ive never made it past 128 before. You can see in my other posts im pretty upset about this update. But this area im not. Im actually seeing an improvement in my mage.
  • K_OtiCK_OtiC Registered Users 165 Posts
    Just a basic white and green gem setup without spending any gems, I was able to reach 143 in endless tower with my warrior two revives and 5 hp potions. Mage was around the same. 99% of the things you need you get free in your first hike up the new tower idk why people are finding anything different. Before any runes I tested lhb and still got 12-14 second kills as before.