Options

Unfair Gem Advantage to lvl 51+

Developers,

Are the free gems (up to 240) that players are allowed to get from extra quests from having level 51 characters going to be available to everyone or not? This is essentially free money you are giving some of your players, but not others. I would like to have access to free money too. Thanks!

I imagine that many will leave this game when they discover this is happening unless people are compensated in some way or you open up the quests to everyone ASAP.

I enjoy this game and want myself and others to stay, so can this be fixed?

-Chris Tot

Comments

• Options
    MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    ChrisTot wrote: »
    Developers,

Are the free gems (up to 240) that players are allowed to get from extra quests from having level 51 characters going to be available to everyone or not? This is essentially free money you are giving some of your players, but not others. I would like to have access to free money too. Thanks!

I imagine that many will leave this game when they discover this is happening unless people are compensated in some way or you open up the quests to everyone ASAP.

I enjoy this game and want myself and others to stay, so can this be fixed?

-Chris Tot

Care to be more specific?
  • Options
    ChrisTotChrisTot Registered Users 394 Posts
    Moloch wrote: »
    Care to be more specific?

Thanks for the response.

There are many players in the game with level 51 characters.
    Once a character has reached level 51 or higher, there are more quests available to that player. The rewards for said quests are 120 gems in total by completing the quests on normal and legendary modes.

A player with 3 characters level 51+ has the opportunity to obtain an extra 360 gems per day from these quests.
  • Options
    ThaDoctorThaDoctor Registered Users 50 Posts
    Thanks for the response.

Once a character has reached level 51 or higher, there are more quests available to that player. The rewards for said quests are 120 gems in total by completing the quests on normal and legendary modes.

A player with 3 characters level 51+ has the opportunity to obtain an extra 360 gems per day from these quests.

They fixed that exploit WEEKS ago. Did the new patch re-bug it back to working again?
  • Options
    MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    Thanks for the response.

Thanks, will take a look at this. The level update got pushed back a bit, so this is likely fallout from that. There are plans for a level update in the future though :)
  • Options
    VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    It not a bug. They just return the quest to us but you cant reset it anymore.
  • Options
    LegionsbladeLegionsblade Registered Users 103 Posts
    I really doubt these quest will reset everyday. Also, any 51+ has only had 1 quest since they fixed the exploit. It is about time 51+ toons get quest back because what was unfair is level 50 and less players were getting more tokens than 51+ players. 51+ players didn't even get 1 Jade boss quest. We probably got all the quest back to put us back even with the level 50 and less players so we finally get the fair amount of daily quest once we complete the cycle again.
  • Options
    ThaDoctor wrote: »
    They fixed that exploit WEEKS ago. Did the new patch re-bug it back to working again?

Yes, the one that was patched weeks ago is now back.
  • Options
    I really doubt these quest will reset everyday. Also, any 51+ has only had 1 quest since they fixed the exploit. It is about time 51+ toons get quest back because what was unfair is level 50 and less players were getting more tokens than 51+ players. 51+ players didn't even get 1 Jade boss quest. We probably got all the quest back to put us back even with the level 50 and less players so we finally get the fair amount of daily quest once we complete the cycle again.

It doesn't matter how unfairness adds up. It's about fixing the current state of the game so that current players do not quit. The goal is to make the current game fair despite whatever happened in the past.
  • Options
    Jaynee killJaynee kill Registered Users 183 Posts
    There's no way that this was meant as reconciliation for not jphaving quests they ain't gonna give you 60 gems a day and 2.2 mil in gold for free
  • Options
    Christot, how do u even know players are resetting quest?
  • Options
    It doesn't matter how unfairness adds up. It's about fixing the current state of the game so that current players do not quit. The goal is to make the current game fair despite whatever happened in the past.

I guess Christpt thinks it was fair 51+ players didn't have quest for a month besides the 5 level endless quest. I think it was unfair Christot got daily quest during that time. Maybe Christot shouldn't get daily quest for a month to see how it feels.
  • Options
    Moloch wrote: »
    Thanks, will take a look at this. The level update got pushed back a bit, so this is likely fallout from that. There are plans for a level update in the future though :)

Hmm, I understand that and that is good news so that players like me can catch up from level 50 to whatever the new cap is (hopefully it's at least 60 because I know players have that). The problem with having players with higher level caps is they have a marginal, but still existent advantage playing in that their character stats are higher per extra level.

It's nice that this will be fixed in a future update, but is that enough? It's hard for me to justify playing a game I just spent money on to be able to afford 200 bag slots, when others are getting 240 gems per day. That's 5 10x bag slot upgrades every 4 days :/
  • Options
    I ain't paying for gems until this is fixed.
  • Options
    Puts us at a massive disadvantage in survival tourn for example 360 gems is 18 runs at endless, because they didn't pay for them lev 110-130 is about 15k vp times 36 is already beat me by a mile and I Paid for mine :)
  • Options
    And legion the amount you get from those daily quests is by far superior than 17 tickets and 35k gems i farmed for weeks for my 99.9 million
  • Options
    I guess Christpt thinks it was fair 51+ players didn't have quest for a month besides the 5 level endless quest. I think it was unfair Christot got daily quest during that time. Maybe Christot shouldn't get daily quest for a month to see how it feels.

I didn't say I thought that was fair. That was also unfair. It is still unfair that players are level 51 at all, but I can look past it. It is still unfair that some players have 200 bag slots for free from the exploit before, but I can look past that. It's unfair that level 51 players were not allowed to get quests at all when that patch happened to.

The best example would be a player that exploited the level 51 glitch the day before it got patched, sounds like it's you. Players like that would not have been able to fully take advantage of the 51 glitch and then get screwed by the one that was not beneficial to level 51+ players.

The goal isn't to add up the potential damages..it's to stop further ones. You do realize that the reason this game is fun for you to play is because others play it as well right? People can get past glitches that WERE in the game. People have a hard time getting past glitches that still are. It's hard to stomach playing a game that has a tournament structure when you know there are unfair advantages period. It doesn't matter what side you're on. Unfairness is unfairness.

I also don't know if the quest will reset. I'm just saying that if it does come back tomorrow that will be unfortunate.
  • Options
    Exactly, people need to calm down, this is day one of the update. Nobody even knows if they reset at this point. Since our old quest progression was most likely wiped out for 51+ players we now have to do the progression line again to get back to where we should be to be equal to level 50 players. We will see tomorrow but no quest are resetting at this point for me as I progress through the levels.
  • Options
    Puts us at a massive disadvantage in survival tourn for example 360 gems is 18 runs at endless, because they didn't pay for them lev 110-130 is about 15k vp times 36 is already beat me by a mile and I Paid for mine :)

That's a very good point!
  • Options
    Exactly, people need to calm down, this is day one of the update. Nobody even knows if they reset at this point. Since our old quest progression was most likely wiped out for 51+ players we now have to do the progression line again to get back to where we should be to be equal to level 50 players. We will see tomorrow but no quest are resetting at this point for me as I progress through the levels.

I was bringing it to the attention of the admins asap because that's what anyone who cares about this game SHOULD do. Now they know about it. Mission accomplished. I'm also an app developer and would want the same feedback.
  • Options
    If the quest do reset tomorrow then someone at Glu needs to take a hard look at the development team and see why the bug has resurfaced. I hope this is just to reset us back to where we need to be at in daily quest. I will post on forums if the quest reset. I'm about fair play but I would highly doubt they messed up the quest again after atleast a month to fix the issue.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts

If memory serves...ChrisTot had 3 maxed level 50 characters and got his entire account wiped on accident....
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    If memory serves...ChrisTot had 3 maxed level 50 characters and got his entire account wiped on accident....

Yes, some people don't know that we've been here since the very beginning of the game, have contributed on these forums before they were even popular, and have given constant feedback every step of the way..but I forgive them lol ;)
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Yes, some people don't know that we've been here since the very beginning of the game, have contributed on these forums before they were even popular, and have given constant feedback every step of the way..but I forgive them lol ;)

Didn't it happen twice too? Lol.

I wasn't here since the beginning, but i am on forums and have read a lot of your guy's posts.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    Just an update. None of the quest that give gems reset today. U gave us daily quest back while taking care of the gem bug. Good job on this bug with the update.
  • Options
    BL725BL725 Registered Users 89 Posts
    Can somebody confirm what is the max lvl in this right nwo? my close friend lvl jump to 10 lvl after gaining 1 lvl in endless mode he was lvl 49 before the update..
  • Options
    Level 50 is the highest level right now.