Options

Here's a thought

SoFuQSoFuQ Registered Users 20 Posts
If 80% of the posts you see on a forum page are angry/hostile, one can surmise you have a serious problem with the game. The root cause is GLU wants to force players to spend money.

The strategy they are using will have limited short term gains but will cause the average player to find another game play (there are millions of them on the app store). Remember this, the average person that plays this game is not ignorant and can see through the desperate grab for cash. The only thing that has saved you so far is that you have a very good product on your hands. That product has been rapidly declining since the removal of Jade Cyclops.

I suggest you take a look at what made the game successful in the early days and stick with that model. I would really like to see your financials for EW3, bet you made more money in the 1st month of the games’ release then you did for the past two months; because happy gamers spend money, ****sed off gamers eventually leave.

Take a look at Candy Crush, think they just went public yesterday, valued at 7 billion dollars. Sure they offer very small IAP, but the majority of their income comes from advertising and volume. Maybe you should look at this strategy for EW3 before it becomes just another “flash in the pan”. Trust the data, it will fail if you keep it on the same pay to play/win path, just look at the forum posts and ratings on APP store for the past two months.

Comments

• Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    The only reason why candy crush is so high in value is because it's what I label it as a "trend game". A game that's popular because everyone ELSE thinks it's fun when in reality the game is just a rip off.

Hey look! That seems to apply with almost every game! Flappy Bird, Angry Birds, Doodle Jump, I can go on...

I give props to Glu for making original story lines and games, but if you're going to compensate that with extortion, then you're going to destroy your fan base.
  • Options
    Rego001Rego001 Registered Users 38 Posts
    Candy crush has the same strategy as these games. Allow people to pass easily until a point and then throw blocks in the way and offer "help" for money.

Candy crush is also consistently the top three IAP sellers.

TLDR candy crush is the same **** in a different game wrapper