Rune System - Information

EDIT 16.05.14. Take a look at the useful links below:
Enemy's element
Skill element and Rune element

The new patch features a new rune system which has pros and cons. The Runes have the typical qualities from common to legendary and give your charackters Elemental Damage/Resistance. They also increase your GS.

New Types of Items:
- Runes
- Drills

Runes:
- Weapon, Talisman, Ring can be equipped with Damage Runes.
- All armor can be equipped with Resistance Runes
- Depending on your Socket you need a Damage/Resistance Rune.
- Equipping Damage Runes gives your weapon an animation.
-> Equipping multiple Damage Runes of the same element does not effect the animation

Damage Rune Stats (in %):
Grey: 2,5
Green: 4,2
Blue: 5,8
Purple: 10
Gold: 16,7

Resistance Rune Stats (in %):
Grey: 2,3
Green: 3,8
Blue: 5,3
Purple: 9
Gold: 15

Droprates and Location:

Runes:
- Tower of Heroes (low droprate)
- Tower of the Fire Lotus (high)
- 4th kingdom (low)
- certain event bosses (low)

Drills:
- Endless mode, both towers. (low)

Offerings:
- God of Crafting gives runes from grey to blue
- God of Runes gives from blue to gold.
- Gem Costs are the same as silver and gold offerings.

Tokens:
Obtainable through:
- Missions
- Tournament Rewards
- Daily Login (Day 3,7,12,18)
grgjtufowq.png

Missions:
Runes, drills, and tokens (God of Crafting) are obtainable through missions.
- Missions to obtain runes and Drills are limited
- There are daily missions which rewards players with tokens

Rune Equipment:

- Creating a Socket needs 1 Drill or 50 gems.
- Implementing a rune costs coins.
- Dispatching a rune costs gems.
- You may replace an old rune with a new one. The old one will be then destroyed.

Combining Runes:

- You are able to combine runes of the exact same type to 1 of the next quality.
- You need to pay coins or gems
- Combining with coins can lead to failure and combined runes are gone.
- Combining with gems won't fail.

Chances of failure (Combining with coins):

5 Grey to green: Low chance of failure
5 Green to Blue: Moderate chance of failure
4 Blue to purple: High chance of failure
4 Purple to gold: Very high chance of failure

Costs:

Combining:
Quality: Coins/Gems
Grey to green: 10000/20
Green to blue: 30000/50
Blue to purple: 100000/100
Purple to Gold: 250000/250

Equipping Runes:

Grey - 1500 coins
Green - 7500 coins
Blue - 15000 coins
Purple -
Legendary -

Dispatching equipped runes:

Grey - 5 gems
Green - 10 gems
Blue - 20 gems
Purple - 30 gems
Legendary - 50 gems

Rune Effects:
Efficiency of elements do work in a Triangle. That means:
Lightning beats Fire
Fire beats Ice
Ice beats Lightning

Elemental Resistance explains itself.

For further information take a look at the useful links below:
Skill element and Rune element
Enemy's Element
(Credits to VoidBlader)
Also see this:
Primer
(Credits to ChrisTot,JonWayne.)

Thanks for your answers.
- Xephraim
Prev13

Comments

• AlexV2xAlexV2x Registered Users 35 Posts
    Adding a grey rune to a piece of equipment costs 1500 coins whilst green runes cost 7500. (Haven't had the chance to test with higher as of yet).

Also, it only costs 5 gems to remove grey runes whilst it costs 10 to remove greens, I presume this increases even higher with rarer runes.
  • AmsterdammedAmsterdammed Registered Users 25 Posts
    Xephraim wrote: »
    The new patch features a new rune system which has pros and cons.I would like to know what's useful... and what's not.

What I know (on Android):

2 new Types of Items:
    - Drills
    - Runes

Runes have different Rarities/Qualities:

- grey
    - green
    - blue
    - purple
    (-has anyone already seen a legendary/gold rune?)

2 new Offering Types made to aquire runes (Daily login and quest gives opportunities to use them without gems)

God of Crafting: grey, green, blue
    God of Runes: green, blue, purple

Costs are the same as silver and gold offerings:
    (My experience: Using 10 Offerings at the God of Crafting gives me exactly 10 "useless" grey runes. Chances seem to be similar to silver)

Droprates of Runes:
    They drop in both towers.

- Normal Droprate in the new tower
    - terrible droprate in the old tower

They are also optainable by missions. (Endless mode missions so far i know. Drills too)

You are able to combine Runes to one of the next type but you need to use coins. Gems can also be used.

example:
    5 grey = 1 green
    On this example it costs 10000 coins with a "High chance of Success".
    On this example it costs 20 gems with "FULL chance of Success".

Information on further combination is needed.

Rune Equipment:

- Creating a Socket needs only a drill
    - there are 2 types of sockets: one for dmg runes, one for resistance runes (fire,ice,lightning all in percentage)
    - Weapon, Talisman, Ring can be equipped with dmg runes. All armor type equipment can be equipped with
    resrunes
    - Equipping a gear with a rune costs coins
    - You are able to "overwrite" a runes. The old rune will be then destroyed.
    - You are able to dispatch a rune from an equipment. It costs 10 gems.

Questions:
    Does the costs differ from equipment, rune, quality, etc.?
    Are there legendary runes?
    What elemental dmg is best? 3x fire? 3xIce? maybe a balance of all three?
    What elemental res is best?
    Any other information?

Best thing for me:
    3 new animations that makes you look cooler :D
    (equiping weapon ring and talisman with runes gives you an additional animation with takes effect permanently by surrounding a rather little part of your sword and with an unknown chance your attacks have elemental animations)

- Xephraim

Thanks for this - I was going to post a question asking if it was worthwhile equipping a green damage rune or to wait and farm until I could combine it for a blue... BUT - if I can just overwrite the green rune without using gems once I have a blue rune then it's a no brainer.... :-)
  • pelepalapelepala Registered Users 349 Posts
    Thanks for this - I was going to post a question asking if it was worthwhile equipping a green damage rune or to wait and farm until I could combine it for a blue... BUT - if I can just overwrite the green rune without using gems once I have a blue rune then it's a no brainer.... :-)

cost 10 gem to remove existing rune. offering only get epic rune. i've seem someone with legendary rune with 5.2 damage increase not sure how to get.
  • Big SageBig Sage Registered Users 317 Posts
    Nice post man :)
    -Sagelz
  • MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    There are legendary runes - they are combine only.

As for the best damage combination, that completely matters on what you are gearing up to fight. Currently, from a pure usefulness perspective, maxing out lightning is the best way to go if you are in end game, because of fire tower and lhb. This will change when the new 4th kingdom stages start coming out next week, and will become much more interesting when PvP launches in the coming months.
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Moloch wrote: »

As for the best damage combination, that completely matters on what you are gearing up to fight. Currently, from a pure usefulness perspective, maxing out lightning is the best way to go if you are in end game, because of fire tower and lhb. This will change when the new 4th kingdom stages start coming out next week, and will become much more interesting when PvP launches in the coming months.

4th Kingdom is coming next week. Will we have to pay gems to play that kingdom?

Answer: Yes! 100 gems each time you play a level! **** you players!

PvP is coming soon?!

Answer: Nope! I'm just talking out of my *** again! The developers are much too lazy to add something that will make the players happy!

Go ahead and ban me Moloch. I'm tired of posting my thoughts on forums anyway. It will only show that you will say anything to lie to players on forums to trick us into playing. We have learned to not expect anything from your company. We know that you will only disappoint us.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts

Can I ask you about some skill of warrior and monk that been add element. (Not rune)
    Is it
    1. Change the whole damage to that element, and can all be reduce by resist rune?
    or
    2. Still has the same original prepatch damage and add in extra element damage, and only extra damage can be reduce by resist rune?
  • kennygkennyg Registered Users 250 Posts

that is all assuming the player base still exists then. I have been playing at least 12 hours a day for the last three weeks and I have never seen town chat so dead. It seems to me that people are quitting in droves. Have you guys considered rolling back the patch? At this point I think it would make people much happier to wait for a less buggy etc patch.
  • VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    kennyg wrote: »
    that is all assuming the player base still exists then. I have been playing at least 12 hours a day for the last three weeks and I have never seen town chat so dead. It seems to me that people are quitting in droves. Have you guys considered rolling back the patch? At this point I think it would make people much happier to wait for a less buggy etc patch.

No. Most players just happier talking in thier own guild. that why town chat seem dead
    VoidBlader wrote: »
    Can I ask you about some skill of warrior and monk that been add element. (Not rune)
    Is it
    1. Change the whole damage to that element, and can all be reduce by resist rune?
    or
    2. Still has the same original prepatch damage and add in extra element damage, and only extra damage can be reduce by resist rune?

It's been changed to a fraction of the damage (I'll check the figures later when I can get them), relatively small part. The damage is still primarily physical though. Only the elemental part checks against resists.

Due to mostly technical reasons, there will be no rollback. We are just working to release the additional content that makes the runes more worthwhile, gives more for players to do, and fix any bugs that have arisen.
  • McLeod 1McLeod 1 Registered Users 1 Posts

You have to realize as well that this patch also made it impossible for all the hackers to play the game. And most of the immature kids who all chatted up the in town chat with useless talk, were hackers. That's why they chatted so much, because the only time they actually had to play the game was for vp for tournaments. Personally I love the quietness! :-) and it makes it much better for all the new people who want to actually have questions answered w/o your mom, or gay jokes blasted at them.
  • Master of DesasterMaster of Desaster Registered Users 23 Posts
    4th Kingdom is coming next week. Will we have to pay gems to play that kingdom?

Answer: Yes! 100 gems each time you play a level! **** you players!

PvP is coming soon?!

Answer: Nope! I'm just talking out of my *** again! The developers are much too lazy to add something that will make the players happy!

Go ahead and ban me Moloch. I'm tired of posting my thoughts on forums anyway. It will only show that you will say anything to lie to players on forums to trick us into playing. We have learned to not expect anything from your company. We know that you will only disappoint us.

SIGN 100% correct!!! The guilds on our server are perishing. Example: TOP-Guild Adreanlin >20 of their best players quit the game due to all those gem-dominated updates in the past incl. this one! You are killing a great game, GLU.
    R.I.P.
  • HemantmaliksHemantmaliks Registered Users 116 Posts
    Xephraim great work<< appreciated >>
  • bidsybidsy Registered Users 75 Posts
    Popcorn is ready....(waits for the drama) :)
    IGN: BlDS
    Guild: -=WOLFPACK=-
    (ANDROID)
  • royl256royl256 Registered Users 52 Posts
    I know that this tournament just started, but overall the activity level has dropped, our guild is still pretty active because we ran it as friends having fun and just happen to do well because of it, but we are also ranked higher than normal because of that this time, also i think getting the hackers out is helping too, but overall all this game has become less appealing because bosses are harder for a ****pier drop rate, items are impossible to sell so tower tournaments will be extra fun trying to clear inventory or making money is harder overall because of both of those issues. Getting kicked out of the game and overall lag doesnt help either. Many more will move on before this gets fixed.
    Lol, we really got off topic
  • Fight0rFallFight0rFall Registered Users 8 Posts
    What are the best runes to use for lotus tower? Resistance and Damage
  • HemantmaliksHemantmaliks Registered Users 116 Posts
    damage !! ofc
    The types of runes is what I'm asking. Fire, ice, and lightning
  • harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    The types of runes is what I'm asking. Fire, ice, and lightning

Yes. They are the 3 rune types. They come in offense and defence.
  • XephraimXephraim Registered Users 130 Posts
    Moloch said that lightning dmg and fire res is best in lotus tower.
  • TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts
    Only Fire Resistance and Ice + Lightning Damage.
  • TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts
    An advice to all: don't try to get a Blue Fire Resistance rune out of Green. I failed 3 times. Funny thing is that Blue Lightning Resistance rune worked. In my opinion it's better to keep the runes and wait for the update maybe something will change or be prepared to spend gems.
    Thanks for the info.
  • durc15durc15 Registered Users 124 Posts
    I have tried 5 times to combine green runes to blue and all were failures.

What a ripoff!

Does it really mean that to get blues from combinations we need to use gems?
    Another thing about the runes is why doesn't blue or higher drop at the high end levels - 35+ in the new tower.
    Resistance is self explanatory, fire for fire tower of course, but damage goes in a triangle, lightning for fire bosses, fire for ice, Ice for lightning. So if ur stuck at nian, use ice damage, if u are a end user player, lightning is the only one that's really helpful. I've tried all 3 against legendary netherborn and 1 lightning/green, increases damage output by like 150ish whereas fire and ice both give an extra 9 base damage, all help a little but if u follow the triangle it will help alot.
  • darpodarpo Registered Users 1 Posts
    Anyone else notice that the loading screen tips says it takes 3 runes to combine...not 5?
    darpo wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that the loading screen tips says it takes 3 runes to combine...not 5?

I did notice that once, but I only glimpsed it, I was waiting till I saw it again to confirm. I think it should take 3 and it should be either guaranteed or a higher chance of success, especially for high level characters 45+.