Fix or Perish: The 4 main post-patch complaints

KaufmeatKaufmeat Registered Users 63 Posts
This was a terrible update. I haven't heard one person who is happy with it. The main issues I hear are:

1) Bosses drop only 1 reagent instead of 2
-makes the game no fun to play when u can't max out ur equip without paying or waiting forever.

2) Failure possibility of rune combos-
- seriously glu? this is just bushleague.

3) bosses are way more difficult
-adding more bosses that are more difficult than the existing ones would have been a nice touch; making the existing bosses take twice as long to kill is just frustrating for all players.

4) Slow Selling
I assume this is a glitch; if not it's just plain stupid. Either way, as annoying as it is, its probably the least of our problems.

These complaints are pretty universal as far as I can tell, and if ALL of these issues are not fixed ASAP, I can't see many people playing much longer. Endless was a nice addition, but now it's basically the only way to advance...and that is not cool.
Prev1

Comments

• UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Glu's updates don't make the game better.

For Christ's Sake.....they don't even make the game the same. It just makes it worse.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • SikariosSikarios Registered Users 56 Posts
    Yeah it's completely ridiculous; it is obvious they have no intention of continuing to develop a good game, when they keep doing things like the reagent drop thing, I mean come on! And rune combo failure? Seriously? Rofl, I quit without a second thought, I'll check back from time to time to see if they fix any of the most egregious issues, but aside from that I'm totally done.
  • kennygkennyg Registered Users 250 Posts
    As annoyed as I am by the runes and even more so by the fact that my warrior once farming L nian now cant even beat him, the nail in the coffin is the slow selling. I have LHB on farm with my mage and monk and can still beat in 45 and 30 seconds but to not even be able to beat LN with my war is a joke. I figured *** fine I will farm LC more to upgrade a few more pieces but the slow selling makes farming (what this game is all about) like sticking daggers in your eyes. I don't care about the reagents really...it's dumb but w.e., this game was always about farming.
  • FuryWeaselFuryWeasel Registered Users 80 Posts
    Can I add a #5. Better drop rates for godly resolve gear. I enjoy farming, but this is ridiculous. In the time it has taken me to get 4 godly items, other players have maxed all three of their chars in godly, and I farm tower 8-10 times a day, everyday for about 2 months. Increase the drop rate so all of us have a better chance to get the gear we need to keep playing the game.
    Guild leader of Marauders
  • MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    1) That's a bug, reported and being investigated
    2) That's intended
    3) That was also intentional. The adjustment was needed to for the new rune systems. Prepare adequately, and the bosses are actually easier. The need for runes on the bosses doesn't start really kicking in until legendary mode, and even then, green ones will get you very far.
    4) Also a bug, that has been reported and is being investigated.
    Moloch wrote: »
    2) That's intended
    3) That was also intentional. The adjustment was needed to for the new rune systems. Prepare adequately, and the bosses are actually easier. The need for runes on the bosses doesn't start really kicking in until legendary mode, and even then, green ones will get you very far.

Just saying...i tested the green lightning rune and unequipped Murdermaker.....same time kills. 17-30 seconds.

It's just luck on your criticals against hellboy.
  • Jaynee killJaynee kill Registered Users 183 Posts
    Have to agree with ultra on that one, regardless of the runes, it's down to luck on the crits otherwise your basically doing the same damage to a boss that Has triple the HP, pretty boring to farm now tbh,
  • bigBrulesbigBrules Registered Users 219 Posts
    Chat no longer works. Log on and see chat but it does not advance. Log off and back on and see new messages but still the same.
    Android Guild - upgrade
    Position - CO Guild Leader
    Device's: Google Nexus 9 / Samsung Galaxy S4
    Roms / Operating System: Cyanogenmod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2
  • ThaDoctorThaDoctor Registered Users 50 Posts
    Moloch wrote: »
    2) That's intended

2) This system is very similar to the upgrading of elements in EW2. Even the failure rates look to be about the same. The difference is that runes, right now, are very difficult to get. Couple with the fact that only 2 out of the 6 runes are useful right now and you can see why a failure on a lightning damage or fire resist combine can be devastating. An entire days worth of farming can be reduced to nothing with a single click. Not to mention that you have to successfully combine multiple times to get to the top tier. Each tier of combinations gets more devastating when it fails. I pray that I don't smash my IPad the first time I fail a blue quality rune combination. A new feature that results in more anger and frustration than any tangible level of fun or entertainment is never a good idea.

3) you went about this all wrong. You pushed the rune system without adding a new tier of equipment, map, or level cap to couple it with. Had you put the best equipment in the new tower and required runes to get it, you would have a forum full of happy customers. Instead, you shoehorned it in and were left with the problem of trivializing the difficulty of the old content. Since old content still had the best gear, making it very easy would severely reduce the need for gems to get through gs checks like legendary cyclops. Since your funding is dependent on gem sales, you chose to make old content harder to fit your new feature. This was a very bad idea. Making players in an rpg feel weaker and requiring them to do more work to break even is akin to digging your own grave. I've never, in 20 years of RPG play, seen a company do this and have it work out well for them. People put a lot of time and effort into getting their characters to where they are. Taking that away is a big deal.

Both of those changes are intended. That doesn't make them good ideas.
  • KaufmeatKaufmeat Registered Users 63 Posts
    I completely agree with all that!
  • KaufmeatKaufmeat Registered Users 63 Posts
    So if 1 and 4 are bugs as moloch states, the two major complaints are tougher bosses (they really are tougher even with the right green gems) and rune-combo failure.
    These are both morale killers and the fact that they were intentional to me means the devs need to rethink their strategy. I've spent money on this game but I know I def won't spend anymore until these things are fixed.the previous commenter's sentiments are spot on and really do a great job of capturing what i feel and what I have been hearing from people in-game; I would urge moloch and the devs to carefully consider that post!
  • massiveexploitmassiveexploit Registered Users 3 Posts
    ohhhhhh... poor players.
  • LietoLieto Registered Users 141 Posts
    // 3) That was also intentional. The adjustment was needed to for the new rune systems. Prepare adequately, and the bosses are actually easier. The need for runes on the bosses doesn't start really kicking in until legendary mode, and even then, green ones will get you very far.

I challenge you to try Legendary nian with 4150 gs and 15/15 level 31 golden weapon and green ice damage runes.
    It surely isn't easier.

Pre-patch it was 60/40, now — like 10/90
    ThaDoctor wrote: »
    2) This system is very similar to the upgrading of elements in EW2. Even the failure rates look to be about the same. The difference is that runes, right now, are very difficult to get. Couple with the fact that only 2 out of the 6 runes are useful right now and you can see why a failure on a lightning damage or fire resist combine can be devastating. An entire days worth of farming can be reduced to nothing with a single click. Not to mention that you have to successfully combine multiple times to get to the top tier. Each tier of combinations gets more devastating when it fails. I pray that I don't smash my IPad the first time I fail a blue quality rune combination. A new feature that results in more anger and frustration than any tangible level of fun or entertainment is never a good idea.

I don't really get what are you whining about here — Endless is easier even with green runes so most people got access to new tier of equipment with this change (those who couldn't farm 120). Other than that you just got something to do. If you don't like it — don't do it. Yes its hard, but farming for best gear was never easy — i farmed LC for more than 500 times before i got my sword and you are whining because "whole day of farming" (which is probably 6 fire tower runs in 30 minutes) didn't get you any upgrade? Oh the horror, poor you
  • TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts
    This update is killing new players. If you don't have at least 1000 over reccomended GS you can kiss you a$$ goodbye.
    My Warrior is 6500 GS, Chad 15/15 an killing LN is like first attempt on Normal Cyclops. And I know I'm supposed to use runes but my other two chars are more evolved so with this update you must focus only on one and leave the others.
    And another silly thing: even if I get runes on Warrior an succed to kill LN in let's say 2-3 min at a succesful rate of 50%, at the actual drop rate 5 DPSS will take forever to get.
    While i agree that not being able to do something that you could do before is annoying i am not really sure that killing a boss in 30 seconds is appropriate.

As long as both endless and LN require same runes i am more or less fine with the change. Yes it got longer, it suxx, but its the same for everyone.

Although i secretly hope that they will tune bosses so you can actually kill them with suggested GS (its not the case now)
  • Shayne1Shayne1 Registered Users 28 Posts
    What about us iphone 4 users who updated to 7.1 who haven't been able to play for 3 weeks now? Are game changes (improvements) more important than the people that can't even play the game...
  • AleksieAleksie Registered Users 72 Posts
    Lieto wrote: »
    I don't really get what are you whining about here — Endless is easier even with green runes so most people got access to new tier of equipment with this change (those who couldn't farm 120). Other than that you just got something to do. If you don't like it — don't do it. Yes its hard, but farming for best gear was never easy — i farmed LC for more than 500 times before i got my sword and you are whining because "whole day of farming" (which is probably 6 fire tower runs in 30 minutes) didn't get you any upgrade? Oh the horror, poor you

I am not new to Glu, Eternity Warriors 3 or Glu Forums but I've never read a comment which made me want to create an account and reply to a response before. Therefore, congratulations Sir, on your idiocy. From that well thought out and meaningful critique of the update by ThaDoctor, all you got was, "blah, blah, blah, whine". It is not a whine but a valid argument of morale. Perhaps you weren't able to to discern the critique for what it is. In layman's terms: players must already work twice as hard for half as much with this new drop rate but on top of that, they are forced with the possible handicap of all that work resulting in NOTHING.

Here's an analogy for how many players see this new update: Say you've been playing the piano for a while now and are at a comfortable spot (perhaps 5-6k gs) and feel that finally you are getting rewarded for all the labourous hours spent practicing (farming). Now you can easily traverse tricky chord changes and know all the ins and outs of many of your favorite pieces (easily kill bosses) and feel quite accomplished. Then one day, after practicing your favorite piece 3 times, you break a finger. You shrug it off and think, well now, I'll just try again. You keep playing until soon you break another finger. How many fingers do you think you can break before you quit playing the piano???

So translation: how many rune failures will it take before players have had enough and quit? I would say that almost half my guild has thrown in the towel. Many have voiced their displeasure over this new update and will not return until something changes, which will possibly be never.

And before you reply and tell me that playing EW3 and having a rune failure is not the same as playing the piano and breaking a finger, I would recommend that you understand the extent to which people enjoy this game.

Thank you, that is all-

LaRusse
    Nymphos forever~LaRusse~IGN Aleksie
  • harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    that's a good analogy LaRusse
    Lieto wrote: »
    // 3) That was also intentional. The adjustment was needed to for the new rune systems. Prepare adequately, and the bosses are actually easier. The need for runes on the bosses doesn't start really kicking in until legendary mode, and even then, green ones will get you very far.

I challenge you to try Legendary nian with 4150 gs and 15/15 level 31 golden weapon and green ice damage runes.
    It surely isn't easier.

Pre-patch it was 60/40, now — like 10/90

You think you're cool? C'mon, don't tell other people that BS.

Fine, then i challenge YOU to go fight Jade Cyclops with 4300 gs, with a 15/15 purple lvl 36 for a week straight like i did. It was painful. And i have no wish for other people to experience that kind of pain. So shut up. You're dumb.
  • MixtacyMixtacy Registered Users 68 Posts
    All the runes added don't make much difference in my opinion. Bosses were easier post update. But you had weaker weapons. Now they are harder. But you have stronger weapons. (Even with the weak runes)

The name of the game has been and still is dishing out damage.

Beating leg hellboy before update at 4000gs:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXDAOCIaYeA

Beating leg hellboy after update at 4000gs after update:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZEWx1BWdcI&feature=youtu.be

What I can confirm post update is better droprates for weapons in endlesss. Which is in my opinion the only thing holding most people from advancing past that 10k gs goal , I've gotten 3 level 44 legendary weasons at wave 115. I did not even see a legendary level 44 weapon before going upwards of wave 120. Now I am able to go past waves 130 because of the weapon.
    IGN for EW3 is Synia

Called the cops cause your mom hit you? Why not report her for raising your silly A**
    4000 GS in your dreams. Aprox 3500 is coming from weapon, talisman and ring so no normal gameplay would take you to that.
    And for the second video lv. 44 weapon and 4600 GS?
  • BigbangBigbang Registered Users 9 Posts
    Why my data has become corrupt ? Please help me ! My hero name ( HeroStev )
  • MixtacyMixtacy Registered Users 68 Posts
    Trainelu wrote: »
    4000 GS in your dreams. Aprox 3500 is coming from weapon, talisman and ring so no normal gameplay would take you to that.
    And for the second video lv. 44 weapon and 4600 GS?

that was the point I was trying to make. Yes to the second question.
    IGN for EW3 is Synia

Called the cops cause your mom hit you? Why not report her for raising your silly A**
  • xtremodzxtremodz Registered Users 2 Posts
    ThaDoctor wrote: »

3) you went about this all wrong. You pushed the rune system without adding a new tier of equipment, map, or level cap to couple it with. Had you put the best equipment in the new tower and required runes to get it, you would have a forum full of happy customers. Instead, you shoehorned it in and were left with the problem of trivializing the difficulty of the old content. Since old content still had the best gear, making it very easy would severely reduce the need for gems to get through gs checks like legendary cyclops. Since your funding is dependent on gem sales, you chose to make old content harder to fit your new feature. This was a very bad idea. Making players in an rpg feel weaker and requiring them to do more work to break even is akin to digging your own grave. I've never, in 20 years of RPG play, seen a company do this and have it work out well for them. People put a lot of time and effort into getting their characters to where they are. Taking that away is a big deal.

Both of those changes are intended. That doesn't make them good ideas.

well said doc, it seems that glu is cutting corners and ruined the fun for everyone
  • HemantmaliksHemantmaliks Registered Users 116 Posts
    Just saying...i tested the green lightning rune and unequipped Murdermaker.....same time kills. 17-30 seconds.

It's just luck on your criticals against hellboy.

MURDERMAKER... thats a difference.. i have lvl 31 gold..maxed..
    Aleksie wrote: »

I am not new to Glu, Eternity Warriors 3 or Glu Forums but I've never read a comment which made me want to create an account and reply to a response before. Therefore, congratulations Sir, on your idiocy. From that well thought out and meaningful critique of the update by ThaDoctor, all you got was, "blah, blah, blah, whine". It is not a whine but a valid argument of morale. Perhaps you weren't able to to discern the critique for what it is. In layman's terms: players must already work twice as hard for half as much with this new drop rate but on top of that, they are forced with the possible handicap of all that work resulting in NOTHING.

Here's an analogy for how many players see this new update: Say you've been playing the piano for a while now and are at a comfortable spot (perhaps 5-6k gs) and feel that finally you are getting rewarded for all the labourous hours spent practicing (farming). Now you can easily traverse tricky chord changes and know all the ins and outs of many of your favorite pieces (easily kill bosses) and feel quite accomplished. Then one day, after practicing your favorite piece 3 times, you break a finger. You shrug it off and think, well now, I'll just try again. You keep playing until soon you break another finger. How many fingers do you think you can break before you quit playing the piano???

So translation: how many rune failures will it take before players have had enough and quit? I would say that almost half my guild has thrown in the towel. Many have voiced their displeasure over this new update and will not return until something changes, which will possibly be never.

And before you reply and tell me that playing EW3 and having a rune failure is not the same as playing the piano and breaking a finger, I would recommend that you understand the extent to which people enjoy this game.

Thank you, that is all-

LaRusse

You are clearly not understanding a diablo genre nor seeing a bigger picture. Its a hardcore farm game where getting something perfected is nearly impossible. Its the core principle. You will never get a perfect 2 socket Manticore with 1700dps and perfect stats in diablo3. Even if you farm for your whole life.

If you think that something SUDDENLY changed in EW3 you are wrong as well. Getting godly without spending money was kind of impossible. Now they introduce gems and ! SUPRISE ! getting perfect gems without spending money is nearly impossible as well.

If you don't like it i suggest you to play something that is not a hacknslash grind diablo wannabe.

And before you say something like "but people still want to have fun, its a GAME etc" — when you get all the gear the fun is over and you quit, so as you get closer to end game progression becomes nearly impossible. BUT for those who enjoy the process, getting something after farming it for weeks gives insanely rewarding feeling and thats what driving hardcore community in D3.
    Actually getting Godly was easy and possible even for Monk from the JC. And with a lv. 44 Weapon a Monk could do most of the times 115 without pots and get another piece of Godly beside JC drops.
  • WadidoWadido Registered Users 18 Posts
    They mean farming hellboy, I farmed hellboy for over a month, probably 1000 times and still haven't got all that's needed!
    Mixtacy wrote: »
    All the runes added don't make much difference in my opinion. Bosses were easier post update. But you had weaker weapons. Now they are harder. But you have stronger weapons. (Even with the weak runes)

I used to be able to kill legendary hellboy with a Murdermaker in 15 seconds max. And i did it thousands of times, until beating him was so easy i could do it without even looking at the screen. It flowed smoothly.

Now, i can't kill him in 15 seconds for the life of me. And selling items is a pain. The flow is broken, and i can no longer multitask. I have to look at the screen to kill hellboy.

And that's bullsh*t. Hellboy doesn't even drop the gear i want. I have no use for him other than getting gold. And i have around 11.5k gs. Completely overpowered. Yet it's still a pain.

This ****ed me off and i swear to god, if this next update doesn't give me what i want, and what everyone else wants, then f*ck this game. I'm quitting, and I'm sure many other players will too.