Combining Runes should not fail!

kennygkennyg Registered Users 250 Posts
We work hard to get runes and for a combine to fail is just a slap in the face. I have had 50% of all my combos fail and for what I put into getting the runes it infuriates me that I don't get an upgrade. It is not like the drop rate is super high and we will end up with all legend runes quick by making combines not fail. I can think of no good reason why they should ever fail. I would like to know what was the thought process when deciding that combinations would fail 50% of the time. With so many people talking smack about glu wanting money something like this sure does not help your case.

Comments

• TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts
    You "should" pay gems to do it (just kidding).
    I am mad too because I didn't fail any attempt until I tried to get a Blue Fire Resistance and then "MAGICSH#T" happens.
  • ComarComar Registered Users 65 Posts
    kennyg wrote: »
    We work hard to get runes and for a combine to fail is just a slap in the face. I have had 50% of all my combos fail and for what I put into getting the runes it infuriates me that I don't get an upgrade. It is not like the drop rate is super high and we will end up with all legend runes quick by making combines not fail. I can think of no good reason why they should ever fail. I would like to know what was the thought process when deciding that combinations would fail 50% of the time. With so many people talking smack about glu wanting money something like this sure does not help your case.

Because spending gems for a guaranteed combine is a lot more tempting if there is a chance of failure. Seems to be the main driver in the game; using gems.
  • ComarComar Registered Users 65 Posts
    Trainelu wrote: »
    You "should" pay gems to do it (just kidding).
    I am mad too because I didn't fail any attempt until I tried to get a Blue Fire Resistance and then "MAGICSH#T" happens.

The better quality rune you are creating, the higher the chance of failure (and the more gems needed for success).

I noticed it didn't fail to take the gold in order to attempt the rune combination :)
  • TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts
    I know. From low chance on green to moderate chance on blue. I think that they would squeeze more gems from me if after a failed combo you are able to do it again for sure with gems. Anyway I have a few gems and I'm not sure I would buy any with all the bugs and annoying things in the game.
  • harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    Comar wrote: »
    ...I noticed it didn't fail to take the gold [or gems] in order to attempt the rune combination :)

haha. Sorry we failed to take your gems but your combining was a success...
  • LietoLieto Registered Users 141 Posts
    kennyg wrote: »

If you think thats a big chance to fail you should try upgrading items in korean MMOs. You can spend 3 months farming for reagents to upgrade, do it, it fails AND destroys your weapon in the process.
    And you need to do it 10 times to get it fully upgraded.

Enjoy your easy mode runes.
  • DohraymiDohraymi Registered Users 13 Posts
    Lieto wrote: »
    If you think thats a big chance to fail you should try upgrading items in korean MMOs. You can spend 3 months farming for reagents to upgrade, do it, it fails AND destroys your weapon in the process.

Lmao!!! I played a game like this... Pristontale <3 It was so annoying ><
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Lieto wrote: »

Yeah, but we're not used to that kind of stuff, lol.

I would quit if that happened.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    Yeah i used to play lineage. To enchant a wep from 1-7 there was no chance to fail. Anything higher the chances for failure increased every time you enchanted. I think the runes should at least follow this to a degree. To get a green rune there should be no chance for fail, blues maybe a 15% chance to fail, purples a 25% chance to fail and legendary a 50% chance. These numbers may seem high. But the best combinations should be rightfully hard to obtain. Keep the gem cost in for guaranteed fuses after green as it is a source of revenue that is completely optional.