[bug] ice laser

When a fire monster in a fire tower, firing a fire laser so hot IT FREEZE YOU !?!? LOL

IMG_0483_zps027368d4.png

It did not slow you, it stop you!!

IMG_0485_zps89d8d09a.png
Prev1

Comments

• kennygkennyg Registered Users 250 Posts
    I experienced the exact same...it has a better incapacitation than my mage does....
  • pelepalapelepala Registered Users 349 Posts
    i experienced the same as well but i thought its because they changed the way parry work. Cuz right after the lazer end the parry animation followed.
  • bigBrulesbigBrules Registered Users 219 Posts
    Floor 40 had 3 at once. Needless to say I died.
    Android Guild - upgrade
    Position - CO Guild Leader
    Device's: Google Nexus 9 / Samsung Galaxy S4
    Roms / Operating System: Cyanogenmod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2
  • MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    VoidBlader wrote: »
    When a fire monster in a fire tower, firing a fire laser so hot IT FREEZE YOU !?!? LOL

IMG_0483_zps027368d4.png

It did not slow you, it stop you!!

IMG_0485_zps89d8d09a.png

Just to make sure I understand what I'm looking at, the laser beam attack actually froze you? Was it perma-freeze? Did it end?
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Moloch wrote: »
    Just to make sure I understand what I'm looking at, the laser beam attack actually froze you? Was it perma-freeze? Did it end?

The laser hits you and afterwards freezes you for a couple of seconds.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • WattyWatty Registered Users 25 Posts
    Yes, everytime I get hit by that lazer, I'm glued to the ground and die.
  • RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    Yup ive mentioned thus a couple of times in other threads. Eye in lotus tower fires an ice laser which freezes you for a couple seconds after it hits.
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    These are instant kill enemies after wave 40+.

I got two, along with one of the fire ogres. And these eyeb*lls are far across the room. With incredible ranged attacks.

That's cheap and it's just another way for Glu to intentionally force you to buy revive potions.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts

We still Frozen for a 3~5 sec, and that after the whole laser in the face has end.
    VoidBlader wrote: »
    We still Frozen for a 3~5 sec, and that after the whole laser in the face has end.

Aight, I'll figure out if this is intentional, a bug, or what exactly. Did the one in the campaign ever freeze you? I don't recall this ever happening before when I fought him in the campaign or endless tower.
    Was this patch even tested? All the bugs listed would of been found instantly by testers but they are all a surprise to you. Maybe have some level 50 players test the next release before it comes out if your testers are so incompetent.
    Android Guild - upgrade
    bigBrules wrote: »
    Was this patch even tested? All the bugs listed would of been found instantly by testers but they are all a surprise to you. Maybe have some level 50 players test the next release before it comes out of your testers are so incompetent.

Don't spam.
    Nice reply. I'm guessing it wasn't tested.
    Android Guild - upgrade
    Don't spam.

what the heck? How is that spamming? He is asking a legitimate question. We love the game and right now it is broken and ruined for us...what are we supposed to think? At least he is not cursing you and glu like half the people out there. He is just asking very legitimate questions.
    kennyg wrote: »
    what the heck? How is that spamming? He is asking a legitimate question. We love the game and right now it is broken and ruined for us...what are we supposed to think? At least he is not cursing you and glu like half the people out there. He is just asking very legitimate questions.

I obviously hit a nerve.
    Android Guild - upgrade
  • munlightmunlight Registered Users 1 Posts

Floor 24, 25 has 2 of them. I dodged one and one from long distance suddenly showed up and attacked. I got frozen and died in minutes.

He asked that exact same question in several other threads.
    That's because your ignoring a legit question.
    Android Guild - upgrade
    bigBrules wrote: »
    That's because your ignoring a legit question.

lol I was about to say...in all fairness it is a very legitimate question.
  • durc15durc15 Registered Users 124 Posts
    He asked that exact same question in several other threads.

And never once in those threads was it answered. What else are people going to do?
  • ChrisTotChrisTot Registered Users 394 Posts
    Aight, I'll figure out if this is intentional, a bug, or what exactly. Did the one in the campaign ever freeze you? I don't recall this ever happening before when I fought him in the campaign or endless tower.

I got screenshots in tower if you want them. I deem it: Marshmallow Mage!
  • ChrisTotChrisTot Registered Users 394 Posts
    ChrisTot wrote: »
    I got screenshots in tower if you want them. I deem it: Marshmallow Mage!

2uzxycj.png
  • nyjnnyjn Registered Users 151 Posts
    I don't mind the freeze/slow effect, however I do think it lasts too long.

With a maxed out monk (all unbreakable except for 2 godly armor pieces) at level 20, the laser and another boss took almost 50% of my life before I could move again.

Over level 30ish it's pretty much a death sentence if you get caught in it
  • harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    Another bug I found (I posted this somewhere before), and this is pre 1.2, occasionally when you drop an orb (the lightning ball)with the mage it wont drop. It tends to happen when you are being hit. Though it does deduct the mana and the timer for the orb spell resets like it was cast.
    nyjn wrote: »
    I don't mind the freeze/slow effect, however I do think it lasts too long.

With a maxed out monk (all unbreakable except for 2 godly armor pieces) at level 20, the laser and another boss took almost 50% of my life before I could move again.

Over level 30ish it's pretty much a death sentence if you get caught in it

lol its not a slow affect it is a complete incapacitation. My 12k monk was frozen from an offscreen eye I did not see. I sat there frozen watching as my life drained away then as I am still frozen getting attached by other mob until dead without ever coming unfrozen....you may not mind it but I find it absurd at 12k I didn't make it from 20 to 25 just to finish my daily quest.
    Another bug I found (I posted this somewhere before), and this is pre 1.2, occasionally when you drop an orb (the lightning ball)with the mage it wont drop. It tends to happen when you are being hit. Though it does deduct the mana and the timer for the orb spell resets like it was cast.

i have been seeing this happen quite a bit today
  • RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    this has been answered by admin before. "This skill is working as intended, it is a risk versus reward thing". Or something like that. Basically just make sure you cant be hit before casting it. I personally don't like it either seeing as how i haven't had a single other skill interrupted by damage on any other character. But I've learned to live with it.
  • s4df4ces4df4ce Registered Users 141 Posts
    lol its not a slow affect it is a complete incapacitation. My 12k monk was frozen from an offscreen eye I did not see. I sat there frozen watching as my life drained away then as I am still frozen getting attached by other mob until dead without ever coming unfrozen....you may not mind it but I find it absurd at 12k I didn't make it from 20 to 25 just to finish my daily quest.

Boom ICY LASER from god knows where.. My char totally frozen.. As I pray that I will hold until last minute to actually get to see who is hitting me.. ** Meantime* I am getting bashed by other mobs" .. And I die...
    NOw should I find this funny or fun? ..
  • SikariosSikarios Registered Users 56 Posts
    I was just about to post on this; it seems no one mentioned the aspect of this ice laser that is most definitely a bug: when you parry this attack with the warrior, you still get frozen, for 5 secs or so, and then after you unfreeze it finishes the parry attack.

Unless they are totally changing the way parry has been since EW1, the parry should deflect the attack and you should not get frozen.

Also, the laser has never had a freeze/stun effect before. No complaint on that though, it makes the mob more challenging, it just shouldn't freeze through your parry!

This is intentional - it is intended to force you to be careful with the ability.