Runes do not equal increased difficulty!!

VykusSouldrinkerVykusSouldrinker Registered Users 173 Posts
I honestly gave this update a fair shot. I thought the rune system might be cool, and I still think in a way it kind of is. However before the update I was happily farming LCyclops, and getting decent drops. Had a marvelous resolve chest piece, a purple berserker ring, and some other stuff.

I log on after the update and I can't even get him to 50%?? Cmon, thats just ridiculous! NEW UPDATE SHOULD ADVANCE THE GAME FOR PEOPLE NOT SET THEM BACK!!!

So I do some reading, ask a few people, and find out that he is a fire monster and weak vs lighting. So I put a green lighting rune in my fully maxed lvl 26 Gold butcher sword. I also put a white one in my talisman and ring.(I would have had 2 green lighting runes but two times I tried to fuse 5 and lost both due to failure, don't even get me started on this!!) I put a green fire resist on my helm and a white fire resist on my chest. Keep in mind I have almost 3400 GS, nearly 400 more than recommended for LCyclops, and I know how to parry and defeat him, I don't just swing away.

I STILL CANNOT DEFEAT HIM!! This is a load of **** tbh. If you want to install an update fine, make content a little more difficult fine, but you have to scale the updated content with the increased difficulty, and this has NOT been done. If I was farming him well before the update theres no reason with a few runes I shouldn't be able to farm him easily after the update.

So I think that maybe ill try to max a few pieces of gear that are at 15/15 to make my life a little easier. I start farming hellboy only to find out the reagent drops have been severely nerfed and can't get demon ss anymore.

So I am stuck not being able to farm LCyclops. All the gear I have now is mostly maxed, and my upgrades all need DC and DP reagents, however I cannot access that content as it is too difficult. I am stuggling to beat L Dragons Neck!!

I don't know if Glu even cares, but the drops rates and reagent drops need to go back to the way they were, and they need to scale down the bosses just a little bit as far as difficulty, or make runes more powerful AND easier to get, with no chance of failure when fusing. This has to be the worst of the worst about this update: you work hard and farm with barren drop rates to get 5 runes to fuse into a green one, and low and behold it fails and all that work down the drain. However pay money and you can guarantee it. Thats some ******** right there!!

Comments

• VykusSouldrinkerVykusSouldrinker Registered Users 173 Posts
    Also how the hell do you get more drills, they seem even more rare than runes. Obviously without drills everything else is useless... *sigh* what a fun game that got ruined...
  • VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    Also how the hell do you get more drills, they seem even more rare than runes. Obviously without drills everything else is useless... *sigh* what a fun game that got ruined...

From the new fire tower.
    I got it from the old tower once, but i dont bet on that chance.
    From that offering, I got a few token from fail combine rune.

For 2 day I already got 16 drill. I dont think it a problem.
    Well you must be luckier than me, I had 6 total and now 1 left
  • harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts

They are definitely to hard to find. After doing all of the one off quests associated with the new 1.2 content and running the new fire tower twice with my lv50 mage I only had 7 drills, not enough to cover the 8 pieces of basic equipment.

Since then I have run the tower over 10 times, finding the drill once. I have used about 30 god of rune offerings and found only 2 drills. 100k to drill is way to much also, 10k would be more reasonable. Also drills should be a lot more common to find.

The thing I like about the game is that it looks polished and the mage is well done. The thing I like least about the game are the many imbalances in the game, the main ones being you will always short on gold, no matter what level you are and here are to many sigils. Also, with the new content there are not enough drills or high level runes at high levels in the fire tower.
  • Jt11727Jt11727 Registered Users 25 Posts
    Im in the same situation i was farming normal nian before the update on my mage at 1200 gs, after the update i cant get him below fifty percent :(i understand adding new content but i shouldnt be in a worse situation after it. My gear is fully maxed everything i need drops off nian but i cant kill him any more. And im at too early point in the game to get runes. So gluare you gonna raise the suggested gs for bosses or nerf them back down. Because tbh before patch my 6500gs warrior was killing legendary hellboywhos suggested gs is 7000 easier then now after the patch im 8600 and im struggling more. And i cant even progress my mage.
    Jt11727 wrote: »
    Im in the same situation i was farming normal nian before the update on my mage at 1200 gs, after the update i cant get him below fifty percent :(i understand adding new content but i shouldnt be in a worse situation after it. My gear is fully maxed everything i need drops off nian but i cant kill him any more. And im at too early point in the game to get runes. So gluare you gonna raise the suggested gs for bosses or nerf them back down. Because tbh before patch my 6500gs warrior was killing legendary hellboywhos suggested gs is 7000 easier then now after the patch im 8600 and im struggling more. And i cant even progress my mage.

Thank you! I am glad someone else is having these difficulties.

You are right, Glu either needs to nerf the bosses back down a little bit, or make runes more powerful and more accessible so that it compensates for the the increased difficulty.

This is a total screw job, why should a new update, which is supposed to be exciting, instead make you regress in the game and make it more difficult and tedious than before?? Cmon Glu, really??
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    I just flat out quit on my monk. The game got way too hard. And I'm not giving Glû any more money.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Jt11727Jt11727 Registered Users 25 Posts
    Needs to be fixed mid game proggression has now been destroyed, cant progress on my mage
  • FreefallFreefall Registered Users 4 Posts
    Yep, exact same problem here. I was farming LCyclops with moderate difficulty before. Updated and suddenly he's destroying me. The two or three stages after him were perfectly doable before; after the update, even normal mobs were taking up to 5 hits, and the bosses were just crazy tough. It's not even the damage they do, it just takes freaking forever to put the *******s down. Their HP is ridiculous.

After a couple of days doing daily quests (I'm obviously not really motivated to do any serious grinding in the game right now) I am finally back to a point where I can reliably take out LCyclops, but it still takes longer than before (I'm not even close to getting an A rank with him now).

This really is absurd. Players shouldn't be penalized for updating the game. It feels like anyone who wasn't already end-game probably got screwed in terms of progression, which is not a good way to keep customers, or get new ones.

And that isn't even including the various bugs and glitches the game has now.
  • Jaynee killJaynee kill Registered Users 183 Posts
    At first i kinda agreed with the fact that it didn't add up, since the update all I've did is put runes into my weapons/arm then farm hellboy once or twice and I could pretty much kill him again in under 20 sec, I think it does compensate but that only worked for me after all my equipment was socketed...
    At first i kinda agreed with the fact that it didn't add up, since the update all I've did is put runes into my weapons/arm then farm hellboy once or twice and I could pretty much kill him again in under 20 sec, I think it does compensate but that only worked for me after all my equipment was socketed...

Problem is that most of us don't want to insert a rune into one of our worthless items. For example, i only put runes inside my godly/resolve armor and unbreakable/berserker ring, along with my Murdermaker. I'm not going to waste a drill on my unbreakable of boar talisman.
  • monkeyheadmonkeyhead Registered Users 1 Posts
    i never understood why people must *****h constantly about the difficulty of games, if this game is too hard for u why dont u go play dora the explorer: hide an seek
  • kennygkennyg Registered Users 250 Posts
    monkeyhead wrote: »
    i never understood why people must *****h constantly about the difficulty of games, if this game is too hard for u why dont u go play dora the explorer: hide an seek

nice first post tool

To OP: I have had the same problem with my warrior except on Nian and instead of being 400 over recco GS I was 1400 over.....things are clearly out of whack and need to be fixed asap if this game is going to survive.

@Moloch...I have been telling my guild based on your comments that many fixes will come this week. If they don't and you were just blowing smoke at least half my guild will not come back if not more. Most of the other half have told me they are waiting to follow my lead. I really hope things get fixed up.
  • bigBrulesbigBrules Registered Users 219 Posts
    Yeah they killed it for end game players and new players
    Android Guild - upgrade
    Position - CO Guild Leader
    Device's: Google Nexus 9 / Samsung Galaxy S4
    Roms / Operating System: Cyanogenmod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2
    monkeyhead wrote: »

Umm, we're not complaining about the difficulty of games. We're complaining that they turned a great game into a bad one.