Hellboy Nian and mid level progression

ElrinderElrinder Registered Users 10 Posts
I'm at not quite end game progression and the flaws in the patch have me stuck. I was just starting to farm legendary hellboy and was finishing out my pieces farming soulshards from Nian. Now a hellboy kill takes more than seven minutes and nian hasn't dropped a soulshard since the patch. I went from seeing occasional gold upgrades to now rarely seeing purples from either boss so I haven't seen an upgrade all week.

I can't progress without soulshards. I'm a monk so I can't farm high enough levels of endless unless I can fully upgrade my current gear which is now impossible.

I put a few bucks into the game every couple of weeks, but I'm not throwing down any more money if I can't upgrade items and progress.

Glu, you seem to have really killed the ability of mid to near endgame characters to progress at all, which is what makes the game fun. So, what should I do?
Prev1

Comments

• UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Elrinder wrote: »
    I'm at not quite end game progression and the flaws in the patch have me stuck. I was just starting to farm legendary hellboy and was finishing out my pieces farming soulshards from Nian. Now a hellboy kill takes more than seven minutes and nian hasn't dropped a soulshard since the patch. I went from seeing occasional gold upgrades to now rarely seeing purples from either boss so I haven't seen an upgrade all week.

I can't progress without soulshards. I'm a monk so I can't farm high enough levels of endless unless I can fully upgrade my current gear which is now impossible.

I put a few bucks into the game every couple of weeks, but I'm not throwing down any more money if I can't upgrade items and progress.

Glu, you seem to have really killed the ability of mid to near endgame characters to progress at all, which is what makes the game fun. So, what should I do?

They killed the game for everybody.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • litolito Registered Users 68 Posts
    google for alternative ways to make your gaming life much easier, glu is a money sucking machine, ive fallin from it and will never make the same mistake again ;)
    "fly high and touch the sky, but keep your feet to the ground"
  • VykusSouldrinkerVykusSouldrinker Registered Users 173 Posts
    Elrinder wrote: »

Well said. Same thing here. I am not as far as you but I was farming L Cyclops pretty easily before update, now its a huge stuggle to defeat him, maybe 2 out of 5 times. Also I don't know what the hell they did to the drop rate? Its absolutely ridiculous, SShards are impossible to get, and like you said, Gold and Purple drops are hardly even there anymore.

Let me get this straight; they INCREASED the difficulty of bosses, yet DECREASED gear and reagent drop rates?? Unbelievable!!
  • Jt11727Jt11727 Registered Users 25 Posts
    I second this thread, after the patch im stuck not being able to level my mage. Before patch i was comfortably farming normal nian , now i struggle to get him to 50% Needs to be fixed
  • SpronkSpronk Registered Users 51 Posts
    In one update, my favorite mobile game went from challenging to frustrating and something that just ends up ****ing me off.
  • LietoLieto Registered Users 141 Posts
    i killed LNian around 200 times today, dropped me 5 soul shards and legendary helm.
    No chad yet.
    Lieto wrote: »
    i killed LNian around 200 times today, dropped me 5 soul shards and legendary helm.
    No chad yet.

Are you implying that drop rates are still good? Because, my friend, they are not.
  • durc15durc15 Registered Users 124 Posts
    Add to that that it's now only one reagent per boss. Heck, I've done my daily quest of Thrundheim and the two times I've done, I didn't get any reagent. Seriously?!
  • ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    Hey guys I've got an idea! Pay real money!

In all seriousness though, this is Glu we're talking about. The only two ***** they ever cared about in the mobile gaming community is leeching IAPs.
  • ElrinderElrinder Registered Users 10 Posts
    ThinIce wrote: »
    Hey guys I've got an idea! Pay real money!

In all seriousness though, this is Glu we're talking about. The only two sh*ts they ever cared about in the mobile gaming community is leeching IAPs.

The thing is there are two models of IAP which can work together.

1. A very few people paying high prices.

2. Huge numbers of people paying a little every now and then.

I'm from the second group, and if you drive us off that represents huge amounts of money. 50,000 paying $10 is more money than 1,000 people paying $100.

I have no trouble putting 10-20 a month into a good game. But I can't justify that in a game where I can't get anywhere.
    Are you implying that drop rates are still good? Because, my friend, they are not.
    So far i got every piece of legendary i could. Even Lcyclop dropped me 2 swords and a helm (thats besides other lower level legendaries)

I only think about bad drop rates on things like DPH because i don't like dungeons. I do like doing bosses so i am completely fine with drop rate there. I also do bosses for gold so w/e if i am doing it anyway why would i care about drop rate.
  • ronron Registered Users 889 Posts

I'm still fine with the drop rates. Got lvl 44 belt and unbreakable pauldrons of resolve + 5 prince soulshard in 2 days. I'm fine with my gears now.
    I enjoy doing bosses so i don't care whats the drop rate — i will farm it till it drops.
    Its a game after all. If you don't like the process — why play?
    I enjoy doing bosses so i don't care whats the drop rate — i will farm it till it drops.
    Its a game after all. If you don't like the process — why play?

I'm not playing. I'm playing Injustice Gods Among Us. Unless Glu puts in a good update, I'm quitting for good. And a lot of others will too.
    ron wrote: »
    I'm still fine with the drop rates. Got lvl 44 belt and unbreakable pauldrons of resolve + 5 prince soulshard in 2 days. I'm fine with my gears now.

I'm not fine with drop rates. I used to kill hellboy in 15 seconds, now it's longer. It takes more time to sell. I have to sell every other fight, because of lack of inventory issues. Drop rates are way worse than before. That's not fine for most of us.....
  • krok8krok8 Registered Users 161 Posts
    I got 2 godly gears from endless, 5 dp shards, around 3 unbreakalbe and some wondrous gears over the week-end farming LHB and endless with my monk so I got VERY lucky.

On the other side, I'm in the same situation with my warrior, stuck on Lnian as I can't kill hellboy anymore. I'm now farming for a transcendent set to survive longer in the Fire Tower, get runes and then... hopefully... being able to kill LHB for unbreakable...
    Playing EW3 on iOS & EW4 on Android
  • ElrinderElrinder Registered Users 10 Posts
    krok8 wrote: »
    I got 2 godly gears from endless, 5 dp shards, around 3 unbreakalbe and some wondrous gears over the week-end farming LHB and endless with my monk so I got VERY lucky.

On the other side, I'm in the same situation with my warrior, stuck on Lnian as I can't kill hellboy anymore. I'm now farming for a transcendent set to survive longer in the Fire Tower, get runes and then... hopefully... being able to kill LHB for unbreakable...

This highlights the problem exactly. If you don't need soulshards from nian or hellboy you can make it from endless. If you do need them to upgrade you are absolutely stuck.
  • TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts
    True. Farming two - three days (weekend as stated) for 5 DPSS is way too low.
    Weekend means more tower runs, so if you need to upgrade 4 pieces of gear you will need at least three weeks for that and it's insane.
    // True. Farming two - three days (weekend as stated) for 5 DPSS is way too low.
    Weekend means more tower runs, so if you need to upgrade 4 pieces of gear you will need at least three weeks for that and it's insane. //

Why is it insane? Do you have anything better to do in the game?
  • TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts
    Actually right now I don't (except collecting coins).
    But if I was a player who just started 1 characther and geting to L Netherborn and beat him just the day before the update (this has happend on my Warrior) and now not being able to beat him anymore what do you think I should do to get 5 DPSS?
    Trainelu wrote: »
    Actually right now I don't (except collecting coins).
    But if I was a player who just started 1 characther and geting to L Netherborn and beat him just the day before the update (this has happend on my Warrior) and now not being able to beat him anymore what do you think I should do to get 5 DPSS?

I am stuck in a similar situation, albeit not as far in the game. My warrior was farming LCyclops easily before the update, I was acquiring the gear needed to progress and get into the levels towards L Nian. After the update I was absolutely not able to farm him anymore. Finally with 2 green lighting runes(after many failed attempts to combine 5 whites, grrrrr) and some fire resist I am able to farm LCyclops again(not as easy as before update still). However I am stuck on the levels after him; Dragons Neck(beat it once using a health pot), Ruins of Chyo'An(cannot beat). Even these levels are terribly hard for me. I have a maxed 26 gold butcher sword from hellboy, with a green lightning rune. I also have a 31 purple, but I cannot get the reagents to upgrade it. Nor can I get the reagents to upgrade any of my better gear, therefore cannot replace my old gear. Keep in mind my gs in well over the recommended for where I am fighting.

I am literally stuck! Even if I got a gold 31 sword from Lcyclops I would not be able to evolve it. Cant even evolve my 31 purple even. I don't spend money on the game, as I cant afford it. I really don't know what to do. I probably have almost 1000 more max gs in gear that I just can't upgrade and is just sitting there. I haven't even seen a demon champion sigil drop in a dungeon.

Anyone have any suggestions? Should i just buy gems to get reagent to evolve my 31 purple?
  • krok8krok8 Registered Users 161 Posts
    I am stuck in a similar situation, albeit not as far in the game. My warrior was farming LCyclops easily before the update, I was acquiring the gear needed to progress and get into the levels towards L Nian. After the update I was absolutely not able to farm him anymore. Finally with 2 green lighting runes(after many failed attempts to combine 5 whites, grrrrr) and some fire resist I am able to farm LCyclops again(not as easy as before update still). However I am stuck on the levels after him; Dragons Neck(beat it once using a health pot), Ruins of Chyo'An(cannot beat). Even these levels are terribly hard for me. I have a maxed 26 gold butcher sword from hellboy, with a green lightning rune. I also have a 31 purple, but I cannot get the reagents to upgrade it. Nor can I get the reagents to upgrade any of my better gear, therefore cannot replace my old gear. Keep in mind my gs in well over the recommended for where I am fighting.

I am literally stuck! Even if I got a gold 31 sword from Lcyclops I would not be able to evolve it. Cant even evolve my 31 purple even. I don't spend money on the game, as I cant afford it. I really don't know what to do. I probably have almost 1000 more max gs in gear that I just can't upgrade and is just sitting there. I haven't even seen a demon champion sigil drop in a dungeon.

Anyone have any suggestions? Should i just buy gems to get reagent to evolve my 31 purple?

You'll probably not like my suggestion but keep farm Lcyclops untill you find a lvl 31 gold weap. You'll be able to get the reagents you need on your way to Hall of the Divine. Fused at 15/15 and equipped with the right runes, you should be good to kill and farm Lnian.
    Playing EW3 on iOS & EW4 on Android
    krok8 wrote: »
    You'll probably not like my suggestion but keep farm Lcyclops untill you find a lvl 31 gold weap. You'll be able to get the reagents you need on your way to Hall of the Divine. Fused at 15/15 and equipped with the right runes, you should be good to kill and farm Lnian.

I appreciate your response. However even if I did get a 31 gold sword from him, I really don't see any way I would be able to evolve it. Maybe past the first one to 10/10 but definitely not further than that, and maybe not even that far. I still can't evolve my 31 purple and it would be same reagents. The reagent drops have been so nerfed its crazy. Also I am stuck right now on Leg Ruins of Chyo'An, I simply cannot beat the Catwoman boss at the end. So that leaves me basically Devils forest and Dragons neck to farm for DC reagent and like I said, I haven't even seen a DC sigil drop, only eyes and blood!

What should I do?
    I appreciate your response. However even if I did get a 31 gold sword from him, I really don't see any way I would be able to evolve it. Maybe past the first one to 10/10 but definitely not further than that, and maybe not even that far. I still can't evolve my 31 purple and it would be same reagents. The reagent drops have been so nerfed its crazy. Also I am stuck right now on Leg Ruins of Chyo'An, I simply cannot beat the Catwoman boss at the end. So that leaves me basically Devils forest and Dragons neck to farm for DC reagent and like I said, I haven't even seen a DC sigil drop, only eyes and blood!

What should I do?

That's not your problem. A gold lvl 31 at 15/15 will never be able to kill leg nian unless you have three blue runes equipped. My suggestion? Wait for next update, or spend money, or quit the game.
    That's not your problem. A gold lvl 31 at 15/15 will never be able to kill leg nian unless you have three blue runes equipped. My suggestion? Wait for next update, or spend money, or quit the game.

If I did spend money, what would I spend it on?
    If I did spend money, what would I spend it on?

Reagents. Nothing else
  • durc15durc15 Registered Users 124 Posts
    Farm for the Level 31 Gold, aim for the CC/CD. Gold weapons will almost always have better attack than purple. As for the reagents, farm Pomlai where you're most likely to win the dungeon so the dropped reagents are kept. Dragon's Neck gave me 3 Demon Champion's Hearts although at large intervals.

Keep collecting offerings thru the daily quests and when you've got an amount divisible by 10's try your luck and hope that you get the reagents you need.

Level up, small as the increments maybe, it'll help.
    durc15 wrote: »
    Farm for the Level 31 Gold, aim for the CC/CD. Gold weapons will almost always have better attack than purple. As for the reagents, farm Pomlai where you're most likely to win the dungeon so the dropped reagents are kept. Dragon's Neck gave me 3 Demon Champion's Hearts although at large intervals.

Keep collecting offerings thru the daily quests and when you've got an amount divisible by 10's try your luck and hope that you get the reagents you need.

Level up, small as the increments maybe, it'll help.

Thanks man this actually helps, appreciate it and will do! Going to keep trying to farm Dragons Neck and see what happens, and keep trying to gather reagents.

Question: should I bother trying to evolve my 31 purple sword of the raider, or just keep farming lcyclops for a 31 gold weapon and then evolve that. I certainly will not have the reagents to evolve both so what do you think?

Thanks again

Edit: Also because of my level the only reagents I get from spins are Demon Prince. So where the hell do I get the Demon Champ reagents I will need if I actually do get a gold sword from L Cyclops? grrrr...
  • pelepalapelepala Registered Users 349 Posts
    if you acutally get a any legendary weapon from bosses anymore. i havent seen a single legendary since the elemental update from reg boss. DC reagent can be farm from dragon neck stage onward, endless tower lvl 80+ or fire tower 35+.
  • rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    No chad yet.

chad from LNian? That would be news.