Are blue runes worth using or save to purple?

ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
So my mage is stuck yet again farming Nian and endless for runes. I have one greater fire resistance rune which I got from fusing my farmed runes. Should I use it on one of my equipment (purple unbreakable) or save it?

Also, can inconceivable equipment only be found from the beast offering or can this be looted?

Comments

• ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    This is really more of a concern on whether I should fuse a greater lightning rune or save it for an exceptional purple one.
  • harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    I think it partly depends if you fuse the runes with gold or gems. Also it depends if you are going to upgrade that piece of gear again and when. If you fuse with gold and wont upgrade soon, then use it in your gear.
  • EternityWarriorEternityWarrior Registered Users 450 Posts
    If you're gonna save for a purple rune, you might as well save for a legendary one. If you're F2P then getting a blue should be good enough.
    I'm F2P and my mage is wielding a purple 36+ level weapon, leaving room for only a gold 36+ or a 44+. I can't really advance without using runes though...
  • rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    ThinIce wrote: »
    I'm F2P and my mage is wielding a purple 36+ level weapon, leaving room for only a gold 36+ or a 44+. I can't really advance without using runes though...

All depends. I farmed Nian a few thousand times before I scored my 36 legendary mind-scrambler. It made me strong enough to farm Hellboy where I won another but even maxed out it wasn't strong enough to farm endless for level 44 wands. At that point I'd need runes to win a 44 purple of some sort, max that out and add medium runes and I should be able to farm for Gold 44.
    Well my idea is to farm two purple 36 wands, necklaces, and rings and socket them with blue runes of the same elements. Stack damage.