Options

After farming 25 lesser lightning runes my blue fails.

ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
This is Glu's way of saying smell my hairy fecal covered a$$ and spend gems.

Back to square one.

Comments

• Options
    At 50 gems, it was tough to decide whether to guarantee a successful fuse. Took my 'luck' and they just shart on my face.

I guess I now know when to use my gems--the gems I have to wait 20 effing days to get...
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Don't even bother...
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    SpronkSpronk Registered Users 51 Posts
    I just failed my 5th attempt at turning lesser ice into green. That tells me the mechanics on the back end are so stacked against the player you can forget about blue and purple without spending gems.
  • Options
    amoylawayamoylaway Registered Users 91 Posts
    do runes fly off just like the gold you used in fusing?
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    I guess I was lucky. My second attempt at fusing greens was a success. Greens cost 30k to fuse and you get 3 rune tokens if you fail.
  • Options
    ImrulkzImrulkz Registered Users 677 Posts
    I've failed 5 times in row comb. From grey to green, dammn :mad:
  • Options
    EdgarsEdgars Registered Users 50 Posts
    ThinIce wrote: »

Back to square one.

What did u expect? It says low chance to fail - from GLU point of view. For normal ppls low chance is 10%, for GLU low chance is 90%. Thats the reason they do not show percentage chance.

I have failed all my attempts to combine grey to green, i even dont bother anymore.
  • Options
    LietoLieto Registered Users 141 Posts
    Grey to green is around 80% chance to succeed in around 20 tries for me
    I would assume that green to blue is around 20% but thats just my gut feeling.
  • Options
    dirtymoneydirtymoney Registered Users 72 Posts
    This stupid ****ing system is truly amazing. I am sitting here combining my various runes. Results below:

Lesser Fire (Damage) Runes ---> Success!!!
    Lesser Ice Resistance Runes ---> Success!!!
    Lesser Lightning Resistance Runes ---> Success!!!
    Lesser Lightning (Damage) Runes ---> FAIL!!!
    Lesser Fire Resistance Runes ---> FAIL!!!

So in short, the ONLY runes that are currently beneficial in this game fail upon combining. But hey, at least I got 1 Rune Token so I can spin the wheel and recoup almost 1/5 of my losses per spin and that's with the flawed assumption that I will actually get a Lightning Rune or a Fire Resistance Rune (which I wont). [

Here is an idea --> Glu, you CHARGE us gold (or gems) to combine the runes. If we fail, we should not lose the ingredients. We should lose the gold we payed and then need to pay additional gold to reattempt the combining process.

It really would not surprise me if Glu has lowered the chance for success on the useful runes to further incentivize players to flush their money down the toilet.

Edit: Glu's intentions are painfully clear. Buy. More. Gems. I understand that to be the primary purpose of developing a game for profit. That being said, Glu has inserted the need to buy gems into every single new feature of the game (and further boosted their value for preexisting features). It is beyond overkill and the game is slowly being eroded by this singular purpose.
  • Options
    dirtymoneydirtymoney Registered Users 72 Posts
    Lieto wrote: »
    Grey to green is around 80% chance to succeed in around 20 tries for me
    I would assume that green to blue is around 20% but thats just my gut feeling.

At this point, I would NEVER risk combining anything higher than Grey --> Green with the gold option. But that is Glu's goal. Good work Glu, you've succeeded at forcing the player's hand.
  • Options
    Screw this game. I deleted it. There's no point investing so much time only for it to go to waste cause you need to spend an unnecessary amount of cash to win.

Maybe someday Glu will create a game that's beatable without cash. I have yet to see it come.
  • Options
    The next update won't be PVP or fixed bugs. It'll be even less % in rune drops, especially the lightning attack and fire resistant ones.

Just watch, it'll be a matter of time when they screw you even more.
  • Options
    Mohamed97Mohamed97 Registered Users 350 Posts
    Next update will be 4th map as they announced and it is not an update it is a patch there is a difference ad for runes it is not a smal succes rate it is just your luck that fails u , i have 2 rare fire resistance 2 thunder resistance 1 ice residtance and 1 fire att , i failed sometimes failed while combining 5 green thunder att but life goes on i will get more and try my luck again
  • Options
    Jaynee killJaynee kill Registered Users 183 Posts
    A new map is technically an update in the game, there fixing bugs also.... The percentage of failure for me aeems pretty high too
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Registered Users 51 Posts
    dirtymoney wrote: »
    This stupid ****ing system is truly amazing. I am sitting here combining my various runes. Results below:

Lesser Fire (Damage) Runes ---> Success!!!
    Lesser Ice Resistance Runes ---> Success!!!
    Lesser Lightning Resistance Runes ---> Success!!!
    Lesser Lightning (Damage) Runes ---> FAIL!!!
    Lesser Fire Resistance Runes ---> FAIL!!!

So in short, the ONLY runes that are currently beneficial in this game fail upon combining. But hey, at least I got 1 Rune Token so I can spin the wheel and recoup almost 1/5 of my losses per spin and that's with the flawed assumption that I will actually get a Lightning Rune or a Fire Resistance Rune (which I wont). [

Here is an idea --> Glu, you CHARGE us gold (or gems) to combine the runes. If we fail, we should not lose the ingredients. We should lose the gold we payed and then need to pay additional gold to reattempt the combining process.

It really would not surprise me if Glu has lowered the chance for success on the useful runes to further incentivize players to flush their money down the toilet.

Edit: Glu's intentions are painfully clear. Buy. More. Gems. I understand that to be the primary purpose of developing a game for profit. That being said, Glu has inserted the need to buy gems into every single new feature of the game (and further boosted their value for preexisting features). It is beyond overkill and the game is slowly being eroded by this singular purpose.
    Yea? Maybe not beneficial now but for next patch you gonna have a wicked set if your luck with ice res and fire dmg continues.
    .:CAARNAGE:.
    <Ex0duS>
  • Options
    Mohamed97 wrote: »
    Next update will be 4th map as they announced and it is not an update it is a patch there is a difference ad for runes it is not a smal succes rate it is just your luck that fails u , i have 2 rare fire resistance 2 thunder resistance 1 ice residtance and 1 fire att , i failed sometimes failed while combining 5 green thunder att but life goes on i will get more and try my luck again

The more I read your posts, the more I lose braincells. How is it that the one rune I absolutely needed (as well as everyone else) fails while 7/8 times my previous ones were successful?

There is no "just bad luck" with Glu. They do this sh!t on purpose--it's Glu ffs. Every game I've tried from them has been a lure for IAPs and I knew from the very start it was going to take hours to grind.

This has gone too far. I'm done with this sh!t.
  • Options
    The difference between gameloft and Glu are still distinguishable.

1. GL still produces games that cost money to buy (thus less demanding on IAPs)

2. Any GL game with IAPs is still beatable without paying extra. This is not for the Glu, not in a reasonable sense at least.
  • Options
    One last thing. I will pay money for apps if the game is focused on the content, not the money.

Otherwise I'm staying out of your greedy BS.
  • Options
    Well now i have 3 rare fire resistance , isn't that absolutly needed ? And even so didn't fail in making 1 rare fire resistance
  • Options
    litolito Registered Users 68 Posts
    thats why i have an answer to them, 1 hit kill!

Back to square one.
    "fly high and touch the sky, but keep your feet to the ground"
  • Options
    i have all GL games and yes they are good and beatable without spending money..
    The difference between gameloft and Glu are still distinguishable.

1. GL still produces games that cost money to buy (thus less demanding on IAPs)

2. Any GL game with IAPs is still beatable without paying extra. This is not for the Glu, not in a reasonable sense at least.
  • Options
    true..i spend enough $$ on them, time to pay back
    One last thing. I will pay money for apps if the game is focused on the content, not the money.

Otherwise I'm staying out of your greedy BS.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Mohamed97 wrote: »
    Well now i have 3 rare fire resistance , isn't that absolutly needed ? And even so didn't fail in making 1 rare fire resistance

I spent a week farming for materials to combine blue runes. Guess what? Both blues failed and now i have to go farm again! actually, no, im not. I don't give a flying f*ck about the game. And no one gives a sh*t about you either. Not everyone has good luck like you.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    lito wrote: »
    i have all GL games and yes they are good and beatable without spending money..

Oh really? Last I remember, this and contract killer zombie origins involved s****ping up pennies to beat levels that required dollars to pass.

I did include reasonable sense in that post, so yes, theoretically if I waited enough days for gems I could beat this game. But I don't want to farm for hours and wait for days for miniscule progression, so this Bullsh!t ends.

Hopefully modern combat 5 comes out soon, I know GL still has some dignity.
  • Options
    The only Glu game I've ever had that isn't IAP is the iOS exclusive Jump O'Clock game I got back in 2009 with openfeint's free game of the day.
  • Options
    I spent a week farming for materials to combine blue runes. Guess what? Both blues failed and now i have to go farm again! actually, no, im not. I don't give a flying f*ck about the game. And no one gives a sh*t about you either. Not everyone has good luck like you.

So u said good luck here so here u go it is al about *LUCK*