Fix or Perish: The 4 main post-patch complaints

2Next

Comments

• UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Trainelu wrote: »
    Actually getting Godly was easy and possible even for Monk from the JC. And with a lv. 44 Weapon a Monk could do most of the times 115 without pots and get another piece of Godly beside JC drops.

Jade Cyclops was so nice to have, besides the horrible drop rates. But it's better than endless. After they removed it, players started quitting one by one.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • AleksieAleksie Registered Users 72 Posts
    Lieto wrote: »
    You are clearly not understanding a diablo genre nor seeing a bigger picture. Its a hardcore farm game where getting something perfected is nearly impossible. Its the core principle. You will never get a perfect 2 socket Manticore with 1700dps and perfect stats in diablo3. Even if you farm for your whole life.

If you think that something SUDDENLY changed in EW3 you are wrong as well. Getting godly without spending money was kind of impossible. Now they introduce gems and ! SUPRISE ! getting perfect gems without spending money is nearly impossible as well.

If you don't like it i suggest you to play something that is not a hacknslash grind diablo wannabe.

And before you say something like "but people still want to have fun, its a GAME etc" — when you get all the gear the fun is over and you quit, so as you get closer to end game progression becomes nearly impossible. BUT for those who enjoy the process, getting something after farming it for weeks gives insanely rewarding feeling and thats what driving hardcore community in D3.

1. I understand the Diablo genre and understand the principles of hard core farming and probably understand the bigger picture better than you. I am not arguing on behalf of the hard-core gaming community because I am in fact, one of those people. I am arguing on the behalf of the normal, average, regular player who will quit after a few obstacles because the game is too incredibly hard or they don't have the time to invest in hard-core farming.

2. I have people in my guild who don't spend a single dime that have readily found godly armour through hard core farming and slow crawls in their gs pre-update so I have no idea where you're getting your information from. And if you don't believe that something has changed with EW3 after the update, I suggest you get your head checked.

3. I cannot believe you are comparing Diablo to an App game. Yes, the principle is the same but that is all they have in common, farming. For all those that don't understand this need a good talking to. Diablo, the original, had the same amount of classes to choose from was by far better with co-op and pvp. And every release up to Diablo 3 has been insanely packed with more and more goodies. Blizzard has amassed a decade long following and they didn't have to coerced their players into constantly spending money in order to advance the game. This is the bigger picture for Glu and companies that produce "free" app games. EW3 simply cannot be compared to Diablo, not by a long shot. A good comparison would have been to Dungeon Hunter 4 which, although is sometimes glitchy, includes voice chat, co-op for certain levels and amazing solo play. In the true fashion of rpg, there is an actual story line built into Dungeon Hunter 4 which makes the farming, the long hours spent building up your characters enjoyable. Dungeon Hunter 4 also includes a crafting option very much like Diablo. EW3 has none of this. There is no storyline, no pvp, no co-op nothing but hours and hours of endless grinding and for what? For Glu to introduce an update that does not make the grind any easier or more enjoyable but rather slows down the player and makes the grind twice as hard with the introduction of the gem system, which Dungeon Hunter 4 already has but no one complains about because the game play is completely different. As far as end games go, I have only ever seen 1 person with all 3 characters fully evolve and he was still running around and collecting vp for his guild. Therefore, many people will keep playing as long as it is enjoyable, which it no longer is.

4. In your "bigger picture" speech, you have forgotten to include many factors such as your enjoyment of tedious endless hours of farming and my argument is for the average player, and the fact that you are probably already well into the game. This update has made it incredibly hard for new players because the suggested gs for bosses no longer match up. As for the rune system, only certain runes will make bosses easier depending on which rune and which boss. I have a green lightening rune which is especially helpful when defeating Nian in legendary but causes no change in damage to wolfs in Thrundheim or to hellboy in Thrundeim and I have 8500gs. The fault lies in that we cannot equip more than 1 rune in our weapon at any given time and with ice beating fire, fire beating lightening and lightening beating ice, I will have to decide which boss I want to defeat more.

I was going to say put this in your "bigger picture" pipe and smoke it but I know where you're coming from. I was quite ambivalent when the update came out because I don't mind endless grinding, but being in charge of a guild forces you to see the other side of the argument so I feel like I've said enough.
    Nymphos forever~LaRusse~IGN Aleksie
  • harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    Aleksie wrote: »
    ....The fault lies in that we cannot equip more than 1 rune in our weapon at any given time and with ice beating fire, fire beating lightening and lightening beating ice, I will have to decide which boss I want to defeat more. ...

Your weapon, ring and talisman can socket damage gems. Personally I have a different green in each to try and be balanced wherever I go.
  • LietoLieto Registered Users 141 Posts
    Despite saying that you do understand the game model, believe me, you don't. I worked in the gaming industry for few years before going into automotive user experience and here is a quick review for you:

Normal RPG game model:
    it was hard but you killed the last boss. Good job you won. Bye. Credits.

Diablo RPG game model:
    it was hard and you killed the last boss. Good job. But hey, do you know that this boss drops Flaming sword on impending doom which is double size of your character model and the drop rate is 0.000001%. Do you want to kill the boss again and get this sword? Omg i want this sword, lets kill!

And you are coming and saying — "guys, somehow its not very fun, the flaming sword of doom doesn't drop!". Its not supposed to drop, lol. You already won the game, sword (or in our case a gem) is there just to make you play this a bit longer before you quit. Your chances to have fun at this stage is 0.0000001%.

BUT whats important, is that even if the sword wouldn't be there you wouldn't get any more fun out of the game, because its over. There is no more content. Wether you choose to do the content that you already did 1000 times is totally up to you. In our case the gems are there to make sure at least SOME people won't quit before new content is released. And guess what — its been calculated how fast most people can acquire those gems and this times is perfectly in line with their content updates. Its not going to get easier because they need you to do it till new content is there (or they want you to do it indefinitely, who knows, anyhow at this stage best gems is carrot on a stick for you and not food — you are not going to get it before the time is right).
    Despite saying that you do understand the game model, believe me, you don't. I worked in the gaming industry for few years before going into automotive user experience and here is a quick review for you:

Normal RPG game model:
    it was hard but you killed the last boss. Good job you won. Bye. Credits.

Diablo RPG game model:
    it was hard and you killed the last boss. Good job. But hey, do you know that this boss drops Flaming sword on impending doom which is double size of your character model and the drop rate is 0.000001%. Do you want to kill the boss again and get this sword? Omg i want this sword, lets kill!

And you are coming and saying — "guys, somehow its not very fun, the flaming sword of doom doesn't drop!". Its not supposed to drop, lol. You already won the game, sword (or in our case a gem) is there just to make you play this a bit longer before you quit. Your chances to have fun at this stage is 0.0000001%.

BUT whats important, is that even if the sword wouldn't be there you wouldn't get any more fun out of the game, because its over. There is no more content. Wether you choose to do the content that you already did 1000 times is totally up to you. In our case the gems are there to make sure at least SOME people won't quit before new content is released. And guess what — its been calculated how fast most people can acquire those gems and this times is perfectly in line with their content updates. Its not going to get easier because they need you to do it till new content is there (or they want you to do it indefinitely, who knows, anyhow at this stage best gems is carrot on a stick for you and not food — you are not going to get it before the time is right).

You may have tens of hours to kill one boss over and over again. You may be hardcore. But so am I. I'm not against hardcore grinding. I'm not against drop rates.

This is what I'm against:

1) Making the game exponentially harder for new players, along with ****ing off old ones.

2) Slow selling time.

3) Not listening to 99% of their player base.

4) Equipping runes for more damage, but every boss has a different element, and removing runes costs 10 gems.

5) Horrible success rate for combining.

6) Idiots who defend the game because they think the world revolves around them. Not everyone has no life and can sit around and farm for tens of hours. The game's drop rates weren't too good before, but now they are abysmal. One of my dad's friends is a psychologist. I suggest you meet him.
  • BL725BL725 Registered Users 89 Posts
    Get rid of the hackers also there a tons hackers is still out there. My friend right now is using that hack already (god mode, 1hit kill, infinite mana and no cooldown) and also he can use that hack with his lvl50 accout (full unbreakable and the skill all upgraded) he doesnt need to create a new character to use it...GET RID of them first before you add PVP
    1) Making the game exponentially harder for new players, along with ****ing off old ones.
    >> What part of the game are you referring to? Initial normal mode content exploration or legendary "lets do it 10 000 more times" mode? It should be no surprise that hardcore mode is hardcore isn't it?

2) Slow selling time.
    >> Agree

>> 99%? I would be surprised if 0.001% of users were posting on the forums.You clearly don't have a clue about app design ><

We had an application to estimate spendings and as we added more features DAU started to drop. Even though hundreds of people requested those features. Apparently thousands of those who didn't request anything were fine with application being "simple".

4) Equipping runes for more damage, but every boss has a different element, and removing runes costs 10 gems.
    >> Why is this a problem? You are killing those bosses with different weapons. You are not going to kill Legendary bellboy with the weapon that you used to kill Cyclop.
    But i agree that just adding bonus damage vs a certain mob makes rune system kinda dull, it needs to have some other effects like splash or crit damage or slow.

i mean the fact that you only need to socket fire resist on the end game pretty much — *** is this? Why other runes are even in the game than?

>> This is just another hardcore element like drop rates.

Again. If you think that this game should be easier at anything, read my post above.
    Speed of progression is calculated by developers and its exactly where it needs to be if you don't want to find yourself in best gear with best gems and nothing else to do.
  • TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts
    @Lieto: I'm sorry, may I ask what is your max GS on one character and your total GS?
    No probs, i am around 5500 and i only have one character.
    For the past week i was farming LNian for chad. Over 500 kills total so far, no chad yet.

Before you try to say that i am not in the end game yet — don't. This won't make my post any less relevant.

In other words I would love if you end-game guys had more fun things to do but what i am trying to explain is that you simply ran out of content (fun things to do) and that last thing that you have left (gems) is something that is only there to keep you playing till the next major update. You are not supposed to have fun. Not because Glu doesn't love you, but because they are not Blizzard size company to throw out content updates more often.
    Before you try to say that i am not in the end game yet — don't. This won't make my post any less relevant.

OK, I won't.
    1. You're lucky you can still beat Nian after update and you're even luckier that you did not catch the update just after you finished Normal mode and entered Legendary.
    2. Chad at 15/15 + Transcendent talisman and ring Vulture/Berserker is not good enough for me to beat L Netherborn anymore (this could be only my problem because my parry skill sucks).
    3. There are only a very few people who managed to get at 12308 GS (max before update) on all three characters, so the rest still had something to do. And those who reached max GS only did it after many months, so if you really like the game you just can't run out of content unless GLU decide not to update the game anymore.
    4. You are saying that you have a week at LNian. Assuming you don't get lucky and Chad won't drop for another 1000 kills would you still say that this game is fair? Before the update you could kill L Netherborn with maxed lv. 31 Gold Weapon (not very easy but bearable).
    5. You really don't want to try another character? Because at the current drop rate the next update (not the one due this week) will probably catch you trying to get the 5 DPSS from Netherborn for your Chad.
    >> What part of the game are you referring to? Initial normal mode content exploration or legendary "lets do it 10 000 more times" mode? It should be no surprise that hardcore mode is hardcore isn't it?

>> Why is this a problem? You are killing those bosses with different weapons. You are not going to kill Legendary bellboy with the weapon that you used to kill Cyclop.
    But i agree that just adding bonus damage vs a certain mob makes rune system kinda dull, it needs to have some other effects like splash or crit damage or slow.

i mean the fact that you only need to socket fire resist on the end game pretty much — *** is this? Why other runes are even in the game than?

For hardcore mode you have the Towers and that should be enough.

Ok, you don't kill the 3 Legendary Bosses with the same weapon but once you get your Chad what runes will you use? Lightning for Fire Tower or Fire for the new map?
  • LordeyLordey Registered Users 11 Posts
    that's a good analogy LaRusse

I am and consider myself to be an entrepreneur I have been self-employed all my adult life and have been extremely blessed with the ability to run three successful thriving business that employs a total of 44 employees my point is I did not get there without one important thing
    CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Customer service is the key to any retail or online business and GLU you are failing horribly maybe you want to hire people in customer servicing ability that would talk sense to your programmers and get your act together before your ship sinks and I'll be **** if I drown with you.

You have been given fair warning get your act together or I'll take my business somewhere else, with all this complaints that I see all over the place day in and day out you seem to sit on your *** and take your time as your customers are headed out the door in droves spending their hard earn money on other games and companies your loss but it seems you are slow as slugs to change and that is the nail in your coffin.
    2 Trainelu

1. In fact i caught the update in the process of transition from cyclop to Nian and i was beating him around 30% of times for the first 50 or so tries (and thats after i got EVERYTHING from cyclop, even the helm and 4 legendary swords). Then i got few legendaries from LNian and now i think i am around 80% success rate. But still i am not socketing lightning resist, which would make sense.
    2. Killing Nian that many times i expect to be in best possible gear pre LN. If that somehow won't be enough then i might donate five bucks to upgrade chad. I am not a spender but i think you need to support the game at some point. I think i ll have a lot of fun on LN anyway so it worth it.
    3. I don't plan to get 12300, so far my aim is full godly gear with L44 Epic weapon. Thats what i can realistically achieve.
    4. Difference between me and the most hardcore people is that i know that even if i will kill Nian for 1000 more times it will still be good for my progression because i will gather much needed money for future upgrades. So i am fine killing him till i have 15-20 millions and thats well over 1000 kills.
    5. I only play ninjas, if there is no ninja then archer, if there is no archer — warrior. I dislike monk weapon models and mage is too slow paced for me.

/// Customer service is the key to any retail or online business and GLU you are failing horribly maybe you want to hire people in customer servicing ability that would talk sense to your programmers and get your act together before your ship sinks and I'll be **** if I drown with you. ///
    On a bigger scale of things customer service usually doesn't do s%it in online games.
    — guys the game is too hard
    — we are sorry to hear that you are having problems, we will pass your concerns to developers
    3. I don't plan to get 12300, so far my aim is full godly gear with L44 Epic weapon. Thats what i can realistically achieve.

If by full Godly gear you ment Talisman and Ring your aim isn't just right. You can't get to 124-125 where Godly ring drops without lv. 44 Gold Weapon.
    Anyway I run endless tower for the last month and still miss 3 pieces on my Mage. I can live with the drop rates in the tower but the drop rates on L Netherborn are way too low. I have a greater chance in getting DPSS in endless than on L Netherborn. And I can live with that too, but you on the other hand need at least 5 DPSS for 1 Chad + 5 DPSS for Unbreakable Talisman + 25 DPSS for Godly Gear (not including Weapon/Talisman/Ring).
  • Jt11727Jt11727 Registered Users 25 Posts
    Moloch wrote: »
    1) That's a bug, reported and being investigated
    2) That's intended
    3) That was also intentional. The adjustment was needed to for the new rune systems. Prepare adequately, and the bosses are actually easier. The need for runes on the bosses doesn't start really kicking in until legendary mode, and even then, green ones will get you very far.
    4) Also a bug, that has been reported and is being investigated.
    In regard to #3 i was comfortably farming normal difficulty nian before the patch at 1200 gearscore with a weapon with 269 damage. Now after patch on my lvl 28 mage with 2 ice attk rune 3 lighting defense runes and 1500 gearscore with a weapon with 400 damage i still cant even kill him comfortably :( i kill him 10% of the time!? So i think it has affected the games difficulty from the beginning. Can this be looked into?
    No, I know that Harry Potter, but the runes you socket into your armour don't deal damage, they lessen damage done to you. The only rune that deals out more damage is the one in your weapon and you can't have more than one rune. So I'm already finished with the game but I want godly gear and have to farm for my last few reagents, I generally chose to beat the boss that my rune deals damage to because I don't want to spend the gems to remove my rune and replace it. See how this could suck?
    // The only rune that deals out more damage is the one in your weapon and you can't have more than one rune //

Ye. That and 2 more runes in your jewellery. Those do damage as well.
    No probs, i am around 5500 and i only have one character.
    For the past week i was farming LNian for chad. Over 500 kills total so far, no chad yet.

In other words I would love if you end-game guys had more fun things to do but what i am trying to explain is that you simply ran out of content (fun things to do) and that last thing that you have left (gems) is something that is only there to keep you playing till the next major update. You are not supposed to have fun. Not because Glu doesn't love you, but because they are not Blizzard size company to throw out content updates more often.

***...you may say all your reasoning is relevant but some of it is not, especially if you haven't been there already.

For your last comment on, you only kill bosses with one weapons bit, it seems like your saying you'll never farm that boss again, which you will. So it would make more sense to be able to have more than one rune in the weapon. I can see how you can equate this to CD but without the runes, it is nearly impossible to kill upper level bosses like Hellboy, believe me, I have close to 9k gs now and he still gives me trouble sometimes because I have a lightening rune instead of an ice rune.

And good luck with getting Chad, which at this point won't make a lick of difference. All the players I've met don't get Chad until AFTER you beat Hellboy in legendary, myself included so farm away on Nian. The best you'll probably do is Courintav.

As for all your end game talk, please save it until you're in end game. Again, you may say that it is relevant but many players will take you more seriously if you're speaking from experience, whether you have valid info or not. Just a suggestion.
  • dirtymoneydirtymoney Registered Users 72 Posts
    Trainelu wrote: »
    If by full Godly gear you ment Talisman and Ring your aim isn't just right. You can't get to 124-125 where Godly ring drops without lv. 44 Gold Weapon.
    Anyway I run endless tower for the last month and still miss 3 pieces on my Mage. I can live with the drop rates in the tower but the drop rates on L Netherborn are way too low. I have a greater chance in getting DPSS in endless than on L Netherborn. And I can live with that too, but you on the other hand need at least 5 DPSS for 1 Chad + 5 DPSS for Unbreakable Talisman + 25 DPSS for Godly Gear (not including Weapon/Talisman/Ring).

I can beat Wave 125 100% of the time and Wave 130 about 50% without using any pots. If I use 1 health pot then I beat Wave 130 100% of the time. I am using a Purple lv. 44 of the Butcher sword.

I've been running Endless for about a month, 110-120 (pre-patch) and 110-130 post-patch and have only received: Godly Helm of Resolve, Godly Chest of Fortitude, Godly Spaulders of Fortitude and Godly Talisman of Berserker (last night).

I've never seen a gold Lv. 44 weapon drop.
    "Making the game exponentially harder for new players, along with ****ing off old ones."

Me: I don't understand your response, obviously he is talking about NEW players, players that have to start in NORMAL mode so why should it be hardcore mode for them? I meet many newbies who are quitting after two or three stages. I have screen shots of newbies saying this game sucks because the have 420 gs and can't kill cyclops in normal mode, which pre-update, you can do with warrior at about 350 or 360 gs.

2) Slow selling time.
    >> Agree
    Me: Agree, everyone should agree!

>> 99%? I would be surprised if 0.001% of users were posting on the forums.You clearly don't have a clue about app design ><

Me: Many people don't come on forums because they don't care enough so the .001% that do are the players that CARE and represent guilds, in essence we are the fan base and speak for many others that feel the same way. And I didn't have to know app design to reply to that response...

>> This is just another hardcore element like drop rates.

Me: Tell that to the people who've just had 8 back to back failures from green to blue rune combines.

And you keep going on about "hardcore" elements. These elements shouldn't be hard core for new or budding players. Many of these elements turn away players instead of inviting them. I know Glu is not targeting "hard-core" players because they'd lose a ton of money. Really, how big is that community, .001% ?

I don't think you have an understanding of objectivity. All you see and know is your own viewpoint and standpoint so you will defend these so called "hard-core" elements to your grave so I feel as if trying to get you to understand logic and reasoning from any other angle is a waste of my time.
    Thank you Aleksie...
    dirtymoney wrote: »
    I can beat Wave 125 100% of the time and Wave 130 about 50% without using any pots. If I use 1 health pot then I beat Wave 130 100% of the time. I am using a Purple lv. 44 of the Butcher sword.

I've been running Endless for about a month, 110-120 (pre-patch) and 110-130 post-patch and have only received: Godly Helm of Resolve, Godly Chest of Fortitude, Godly Spaulders of Fortitude and Godly Talisman of Berserker (last night).

I've never seen a gold Lv. 44 weapon drop.

OK. Sorry I forgot about the tower being easier now.
    About the drops you're a little bit unlucky.
    I do tower also for 1 month but my second drop after Godly Helm was Nightfire at 114 so now I clear 135 most of the times. I got all Godly armour (not all resolve) but managed to get only 1 Unbreakable Berserker Ring, 1 Unbreakable Tracker Ring a 2 Godly Boar Talismans.
    Aleksie wrote: »
    ***...you may say all your reasoning is relevant but some of it is not, especially if you haven't been there already.

For your last comment on, you only kill bosses with one weapons bit, it seems like your saying you'll never farm that boss again, which you will. So it would make more sense to be able to have more than one rune in the weapon. I can see how you can equate this to CD but without the runes, it is nearly impossible to kill upper level bosses like Hellboy, believe me, I have close to 9k gs now and he still gives me trouble sometimes because I have a lightening rune instead of an ice rune.

And good luck with getting Chad, which at this point won't make a lick of difference. All the players I've met don't get Chad until AFTER you beat Hellboy in legendary, myself included so farm away on Nian. The best you'll probably do is Courintav.

As for all your end game talk, please save it until you're in end game. Again, you may say that it is relevant but many players will take you more seriously if you're speaking from experience, whether you have valid info or not. Just a suggestion.

i worked in a gaming industry for few years and i am kinda doing some free-lance for major publishers now so i am not arguing with you i am telling you how things work. Believe it or not, i don't really care, i am done with explanation here, its all in the posts above pretty much,

As for the drop rate from LNian — i already got Courintav, legendary helm, 4 millions of gold and around 25 soul shards. I am not in a hurry, if i would be — i can afford to spin offerings till i get all the gear that i want, but that would mean game over for me, so why would i do that.