Options

100% failure with gem-upgrading from green ---> blue :-((

Moloch: ALL of my 8 tries to combine green runes to blue were FAILURES!!! ALL 8 tries! 0% success...

is it just bad luck or is it intentional or is it a bug???
please respond. I do not dare trying to combine anymore... :-(

Comments

• Options
    durc15durc15 Registered Users 124 Posts
    Sorry if I'm not Moloch but I would like to add my voice on what you've experienced. I too have made 6 tries of combining greens to blue but all of them failed. Very horrible failure rate. The hours of farming those runes and not doing Heroes Tower just went down the drain for tokens that only gave common runes.

It might be intentional, to force us to buy gems.
  • Options
    dirtymoneydirtymoney Registered Users 72 Posts
    durc15 wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm not Moloch but I would like to add my voice on what you've experienced. I too have made 6 tries of combining greens to blue but all of them failed. Very horrible failure rate. The hours of farming those runes and not doing Heroes Tower just went down the drain for tokens that only gave common runes.

It might be intentional, to force us to buy gems.

I assume it is just another slimy tactic to force the player's hand to buy gems.
  • Options
    AleksieAleksie Registered Users 72 Posts
    I did one green to blue combine and it was a success. I space mine apart though and try not to do any back to back. The one time I did that resulted in both failures.
    Nymphos forever~LaRusse~IGN Aleksie
  • Options
    ChrisTotChrisTot Registered Users 394 Posts
    Aleksie wrote: »
    I did one green to blue combine and it was a success. I space mine apart though and try not to do any back to back. The one time I did that resulted in both failures.

I did 3 back to back and had fail, success, fail.

We do not have anywhere NEAR enough data to actually know what the success rate is. 8 fails in a row is not enough info. I know people who have also had 6 successes in a row.
  • Options
    SpronkSpronk Registered Users 51 Posts
    ChrisTot wrote: »
    I did 3 back to back and had fail, success, fail.

We do not have anywhere NEAR enough data to actually know what the success rate is. 8 fails in a row is not enough info. I know people who have also had 6 successes in a row.

6 blue successes in a row? I'm calling bs on that. Maybe that is what they told you...
  • Options
    Spronk wrote: »
    6 blue successes in a row? I'm calling bs on that. Maybe that is what they told you...

And I had 1 out of 3 successes...should i call BS on 8 fails in a row?
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    ChrisTot wrote: »
    And I had 1 out of 3 successes...should i call BS on 8 fails in a row?

You can get eight "failures" in a row flipping a coin and that's a 50/50 chance. While I don't like 8 in a row for upgrades it doesn't prove anything. Except perhaps that there is a mad user out there.
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Registered Users 51 Posts
    First try i made green -> blue it was succesfull, the upcoming 5 tries has been a failure...
    .:CAARNAGE:.
    <Ex0duS>
  • Options
    rewand wrote: »
    You can get eight "failures" in a row flipping a coin and that's a 50/50 chance. While I don't like 8 in a row for upgrades it doesn't prove anything. Except perhaps that there is a mad user out there.

Finally someone who gets me! :)
  • Options
    Also, I've never had a single pair of wings ever drop for me ever..but it doesn't mean they don't exist..just that I don't have good luck with them.

But I do have the cool Mage staff :)
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    Possibly somebody should collect data for success rates, like they did with IIF. If glu changes any success/drop/anything rates in the game they should let us know.

I've done 2 green to blue, fail and succeed.
  • Options
    So given the stats above: We're looking at about a 31% success rate given our small sample size that probably has bad data in it: 10/32 from green to blue. Seems pretty moderate to me.
  • Options
    Master of DesasterMaster of Desaster Registered Users 23 Posts
    Thanks for sharing your experiences. But I still would like to know from Moloch wheter this is a bug, intentional oder just bad luck.
    I am sure he will not give details to the successrate but I would like to know if there is any bug causing that extreme failure-rate. If so, that would be a pretty important information and I would love to wait with combining runes until update if the success-rate from green to blue will be raised to a reasonable rate. So please Moloch, enlighten me. Thx
  • Options
    MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    Thanks for sharing your experiences. But I still would like to know from Moloch wheter this is a bug, intentional oder just bad luck.
    I am sure he will not give details to the successrate but I would like to know if there is any bug causing that extreme failure-rate. If so, that would be a pretty important information and I would love to wait with combining runes until update if the success-rate from green to blue will be raised to a reasonable rate. So please Moloch, enlighten me. Thx

If there was a bug we were aware of, it would be listed. Currently from what I'm seeing, numbers appear to be working correctly.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Moloch wrote: »
    If there was a bug we were aware of, it would be listed. Currently from what I'm seeing, numbers appear to be working correctly.

And those number basically state that we should all quit the game or spend money????
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    ChatTeamChatTeam Registered Users 7 Posts

If there was a bug we wanted you to be aware of, it would be listed. Currently from what we are telling you, numbers appear to be Fing you correctly.
  • Options
    kennygkennyg Registered Users 250 Posts

you may want to change the wording on the chances then because it is just misleading and a bit of a slap in the face.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    ChatTeam wrote: »
    If there was a bug we wanted you to be aware of, it would be listed. Currently from what we are telling you, numbers appear to be Fing you correctly.

Watch it Chat/CheatTeam or further action will be taken.
  • Options
    Freddy406Freddy406 Registered Users 260 Posts
    WTH I heard a bunch of people talking about combining runes with gems but where is that?
  • Options
    Master of DesasterMaster of Desaster Registered Users 23 Posts
    Freddy406 wrote: »
    WTH I heard a bunch of people talking about combining runes with gems but where is that?

If you collect 5 runes of same kind, you can combine them in your inventory, klicking on the runes... pretty easy

Well, I guess I just had bad luck that all tries were failures. I better do not imagine the day I try to combine to a purple rune... I would get nuts if 5 blue runes were lost!
  • Options
    Is it 20 gems every time to combine? Cuz thats what I've heard I think.
  • Options
    If it is, that is crazy
  • Options
    TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts
    20 gems grey to green, 50 gems green to blue.