Looks like a bug to me. Zero items in five waves of fire tower

rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
Take a look at this screenshot. You can see the top part of the Fire Lotus tower in the dark background...

Screenshot_2014-03-31-18-33-52.png

This is the loot from five waves of the fire tower. And no, I didn't miss picking something up. I covered the complete floor.

I did another five waves this morning and got TWO grey items and NOTHING ELSE. Now just like red traffic lights, I know the low drops loom large in my memory but this is really bad.

The zero drop looks like a clear bug to me.

Comments

• MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    That is odd. Will investigate. This is hypothetically possible, but statistically improbable. Thanks!
  • rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Moloch wrote: »
    That is odd. Will investigate. This is hypothetically possible, but statistically improbable. Thanks!

I can believe that my roll of the dice is six sigma to the LEFT!
  • ChrisTotChrisTot Registered Users 394 Posts
    I've actually experienced this twice.

Once on 21-25 of endless tower and once on 26-30 of endless tower.
    I don't play lotus all that much.
  • DohraymiDohraymi Registered Users 13 Posts
    Moloch wrote: »

I can confirm, I've had a few instances of itemless 5-rounds, frequent enough to make me wonder but not so often I've thought much about it until your post. As such, I'm also stating it is happening.
  • TheAnonymousTheAnonymous Registered Users 1 Posts
    I thought the drop rate for the fire-tower was intended to be extremely low. I usually get 1 rune per day and around 50% of the time I get no drops (every 5 waves). My IIF is at 110% so I doubt it's lacking. Is it because I am just finishing wave 0-15?
  • pelepalapelepala Registered Users 349 Posts
    i had few time myself getting only 1 reagant as a reward in endless and 1 rune in fire tower.
  • rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Without seeing the code I can't know for sure but consider the following.

1. You have to be online to start the wave
    2. You can be offline while fighting but have to be online again at the end of the wave
    3. Specific (named) items drop while fighting.

This tells me that the loot is determined while the wave loads up. Can't the function which calculates the loot simply have a low-end threshold which triggers a loot recalc? Seems a trivial fix to me.
  • EziekialEziekial Registered Users 166 Posts
    Reward good to see you here from HoD fixing issues as well. Lets hope this gets fixed as I have had this happen as well.
  • SpronkSpronk Registered Users 51 Posts
    I did up to 20 in lotus tonight (as far as I can get). Had one group of 5 with 1 item, one with 2 items, one with 4 items and one with an average amount. Drops everywhere are absolutely hideous since the patch.

Oh, and one whole loot level in endless tonight just didn't show up when I left the map. Purple sword and dcss dropped in that one too. That was cute.
  • royl256royl256 Registered Users 52 Posts
    The drops in lotus are terrible, I stopped doing that tower cuz it's almost a waste time until they fix item selling. The drops aren't consistent with the difficulty. Level 40+ should be demon prince regents and top tier gear, or at least better than gray element drops.