Options

I'm stuck. And, some facts. Help?

DaiquiriPandaDaiquiriPanda Registered Users 12 Posts
Hokay.

I played this game like a bunch about three months ago and it was a lot of fun for me. I was striving to get 9-10k GS on my warrior and was doing my best but some life stuff happened and I had absolutely no time. Now I'm back. With all these cool new features!

However.. Where I left off: I left off farming Hellboy constantly over and over for gears to upgrade my current stuff and also to try and get the best weapons possible. It wasn't too bad. I could kill Hellboy in about 40 seconds. I got lots of sweet gears that I thought would get me far.

Now I'm back and.. I can't kill Hellboy. If I can, it takes a good 2.5-3 minutes. And even when I do, I don't think those drops affect me anymore. I have everything maxed in my current gear at 15/15 or 0/0 (My weapon is 0/0)

I have 7.3k GS max plus some others all with IIF. If I sacrifice my GS for my IIF I have 6.8k GS.

So, I'm stuck. I cannot farm Hellboy because I can only muster a kill every 10 or 15 minutes with the deaths I incur. I look it up some and see that Tower of Heroes is dropping level 44 Godly Gears etc. however I cannot make it past 110 to farm where I need to. So here is the rundown.

1. I have 7.3k GS with my best current gears on without the ability to increase it any further without having access to Tower Of Heroes, which I cannot beat past the levels that drop the equipment I need to grow.

2. I can no longer farm Hellboy to be able to upgrade any of my current gears and am settling for the grey and green drops to do all that I can.

3. I do not have money to spend on gems. They are incredibly expensive and not worth it to me currently. I've spent a bit of money on some but not much, and don't want to spend a lot of money just to be able to play the game.

4. Runes. I get it, but I don't get it. I'm trying to upgrade these as well, but of course I need access to Fire Lotus tower which I once more can't spend money on.

5. I have 184 gems currently from collecting them in each way possible.

6. I have a level 46 Warrior and I am fairly good at these types of games.

-

Taking ALL of these factors into account.. What exactly can I do to keep playing this game? I'm not here looking for people to say "YEAH THEY HAVE RUINED THE GAME THERE'S NO WAY THEY JUST CARE ABOUT GEMS" which I can tell DOES seem to be the case. But I am genuinely, genuinely curious.. Is there a way I can continue playing withOUT using gems?

Comments

• Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Do not use your gems on anything besides upgrading green to blue runes.

Anyway, you should just farm Leg hellboy for your set. There is nothing else you can do. Farm him for gold lvl 36, max it, and go into endless tower for godlies and lvl 44 weapon. It will take a long time. Maybe a week, and getting your gold lvl 44 weapon might take months. But at least that gold lvl 36 should take you from 110-125 at the very least.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options

Anyway, you should just farm Leg hellboy for your set. There is nothing else you can do. Farm him for gold lvl 36, max it, and go into endless tower for godlies and lvl 44 weapon. It will take a long time. Maybe a week, and getting your gold lvl 44 weapon might take months. But at least that gold lvl 36 should take you from 110-125 at the very least.

I have a level 36 gold weapon already. Chad, The Reticent, Sentient Sword. It's completely maxed at 0/0 and everything.
  • Options
    I have a level 36 gold weapon already. Chad, The Reticent, Sentient Sword. It's completely maxed at 0/0 and everything.

You have Chad the Reticent, the Sentient Sword? Then you should be able to get over 110 in endless hero tower. It will require skill to get past 120 though. However, my friends have gotten over 130 with Chad, so it is possible.
  • Options
    You have Chad the Reticent, the Sentient Sword? Then you should be able to get over 110 in endless hero tower. It will require skill to get past 120 though. However, my friends have gotten over 130 with Chad, so it is possible.

Maybe I'm not as good as I thought then? Cause I've gotten to 115 only by using a couple health potions and a revive potion.
  • Options
    I guess what I mean is I can't get past those points without using potions or spending gems on them. Should I really not be struggling at 7.3k GS?
  • Options
    I guess what I mean is I can't get past those points without using potions or spending gems on them. Should I really not be struggling at 7.3k GS?

No, you should be struggling. Glu made the game a lot harder after an update a while back. a lot has happened when you left.

You should farm LHB for full unbreakable. That will get you past 110 easily.
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts

and backpacks, and at lower levels when seriously blocked, perhaps a reagent you can't win...
  • Options
    lIIusionlIIusion Registered Users 42 Posts
    Unbreakables are now dropping at towers 110-115.
  • Options
    lIIusion wrote: »
    Unbreakables are now dropping at towers 110-115.

Don't they drop at 100-110 too?
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    rewand wrote: »
    and backpacks, and at lower levels when seriously blocked, perhaps a reagent you can't win...

Backpacks are a must. Having at least 20 extra slots was crucial and the only time I've ever considered using cash currency for games were for more slots.

Cash currency as in free bonus ones.
  • Options
    EjderhaEjderha Registered Users 2 Posts
    I was in a similar boat after the 1.2 patch. My GS was around 7600, had Chad maxed out and LHB still just smacked me around. The following helped me get past the rut but I am still struggling:
    1) Add at least a green lightning rune to Chad and your talisman and ring. LHB doesn't like lightning.
    2) Add a green fire resistance to all your defensive gear. The runes are not that hard to get, especially from the daily quest as well as doing the fire lotus tower. I have to say, they were much easier right after the patch but it's still possible to get enough. The Crafting God occasionally gives blue runes too (get the tokens from the daily quest).
    3) Increase your skill levels. Berserker, etc. They all add up to a stronger character. It takes a while to get 1 million coins but that's all I could do for a few days there after the patch!
    4) Max everything using DPSS sparingly.
    Now I am farming LHB again, takes 1 minute but almost 100% success rate with 8200GS. Berserker helps a lot, I let him dmaage me to 50% and wait for his 50% yawn and then I wail on him with skills. He usually bites it within 5 seconds at that point. I prefer LHB because he drops DPSS every now and then. You can't farm tower as often because ship tokens run out eventually and Helgard doesn't drop DPSS (some say it does but it would be very rare even if it did).
    Once I get all Unbreakables maxed out, I will start farming the tower for Godly gear.
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    jakub1302jakub1302 Registered Users 197 Posts
    Thanks for the view Ejderha, I did almost the same. Except, I didn't get one DPSS from him since the update after 1k kills. I think this is paralysing me to a certain extend. The only DPSS I found was from tower of heroes, 100 - 115 floors. I can get to 120 with luck, once in 10 tries. I won't use my pots unless I know it's worth it. I didn't get any unbreakables from hellboy neither, just impervious. So, good luck to anyone farming him cause I'm done. I'm just waiting for another update to fix the selling bug and maybe I'll be lucky one day and get some godly from the tower.
    EW3: Jakub1302
    BGI: Jakub 1302, the guildleader of Goodfellas
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    Ejderha wrote: »
    I was in a similar boat after the 1.2 patch. My GS was around 7600, had Chad maxed out and LHB still just smacked me around. The following helped me get past the rut but I am still struggling:

If a maxed chad can't knock him out something else is wrong. Perhaps you don't have enough defense so you can't take the heat? I play mage so the comparison may be off but I have to have my defense up or any little glitch and I fry. Hitting hard is of course good but defense means you can fight longer.
  • Options
    enriquegenriqueg Registered Users 73 Posts
    If you're playing as the warrior, max the passive skill that enrages him upon taking damage. Let's you kill HellBoy in less than 2 minutes.
  • Options
    silvergammasilvergamma Registered Users 8 Posts
    so basically the monk will get squished vs LHB and any other legendary boss? cause to me it seems everyone uses warrior..
  • Options
    EjderhaEjderha Registered Users 2 Posts
    Agreed on all except I did get 1 or 2 DPSS within a few hundred kills on LHB. Also couple of Unbreakables. The problem is I'm still stuck. Can't get much past 120 on tower without pots. The next legendary level, the one rated 7500 GS I can't finish though I'm 8300+ GS now. They really did a number on this game. I keep playing it because I liked it so much but really, it's just frustration at this point and I'm a very tenacious guy. I just don't see the point. Unless you had level 44 gear prior to the patch, I don't see how you can get it now without paying gobs for gems. And even then, I'm not sure it would work. I'll probably keep playing for another while because I'm stubborn but it may be time to look for another game. I keep hoping glu's revenues are down so they will realize their mistake but maybe it's working out for them. Let us know if anyone can get past this rut.