POLL: 1.2 Update too hard or not?

Warriors, we've heard your feedback and want your opinions! Our v1.2 update brought difficulty adjustments to the PvE levels in Kingdoms 1-3 and player feedback was mixed. Some found it too challenging, others thought the new challenge enhanced gameplay. What do you think about 1.2?

A) Too hard, change levels back
B) Hard, but keep it the same
C) Not too hard, keep it the same
D) Not too hard, make it harder

We appreciate your constructive feedback! Use the poll above and add comments below.
Failed to load the poll.
Prev13456

Comments

• UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    The old maps are now too hard, and should be changed back to the way they were.

As for the new map, you should keep the difficulty level the same for all levels. If the levels get even harder, the game is going to completely collapse. Most players aren't going to like levels that take 10-15 minutes to complete.

So for old maps, option A. New maps, option B.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • mohicanmohican Registered Users 326 Posts
    Mr gluadmin it says 'you are not able to vote on this poll?'

anyways my vote is A, because character progression in legendary mode is near impossible, recommended gs is so bs we actually haveto be around 2000 or 3000 gs higher to beat it especially if you are not using mage. Even with 3 common runes that have legendary bosses respective weaknesses it is still vwry hard to beat them. The buffing up of levels was justified but Glu kinda overbuffed them up way beyond the recommended gs. Maybe weaken them a little and actually test them out so it corresponds to recommended gs.

my 12k gs warrior (who has fire runes) cannot beat Dead Mans Pass which has about 8k recommended gs. Thats a 4k gs difference. With monk it would probablyy be impossible. Mage has an easier time though.

Before the update everything was in perfect balance.
    ;)
  • SkyrideSkyride Registered Users 36 Posts
    B

characters
  • ShadowhitsShadowhits Registered Users 74 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Warriors, we've heard your feedback and want your opinions! Our v1.2 update brought difficulty adjustments to the PvE levels and player feedback was mixed. Some found it too challenging, others thought the new challenge enhanced gameplay. What do you think about 1.2?

We appreciate your constructive feedback!

Yo creo que es dificil pero solo hagan que los Jefes den dos reactivos y aumenten un poco el drop o como estaba antes
  • harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    B, If the level cap was raised it would be easier. I can easily pass the first part, but the archer boss in the second part wipes me out usually. 11k gs mage

Edit: The poll is a little bit ambiguous. Is it talking about the old maps or the new maps?
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    mohican wrote: »
    Mr gluadmin it says 'you are not able to vote on this poll?'

Thanks for letting us know. This should be fixed now.

Edit: The poll is a little bit ambiguous. Is it talking about the old maps or the new maps?

Old maps; now clarified in the question. Thanks!
  • SpronkSpronk Registered Users 51 Posts
    Gluadmin,

It's not really about the levels being too hard or too easy. The gear and regs needed to level up and beat those levels is not dropping until you get through or past them. In the days following the 1.2 update, I played a few hours a day and made two gem purchases. Pre update I was at Leg Helgard and now still struggling at Wolf Fang and Fog Road.

It's a balance issue. I have been sitting with a new sword and boots for over a week but can't beat the maps that drop the regs to evolve them past 5/5.

BTW, it's good to see some interest in this from the devs so Thanks.
  • huggintonhugginton Registered Users 3 Posts
    Warriors, we've heard your feedback and want your opinions! Our v1.2 update brought difficulty adjustments to the PvE levels in Kingdoms 1-3 and player feedback was mixed. Some found it too challenging, others thought the new challenge enhanced gameplay. What do you think about 1.2?

We appreciate your constructive feedback!

A..it would b fine if you didnt change the drop rates! Prince soulshards are impossible as are any epic gear...purple very rare as well..makes the game very fusturating and boring constantly playing levels or towers over and over and over just to recieve poin tless gear..ive spend probably a hundred dollars on this game and am ready to uninstall. Game was great before the update...also would b nice if the tournament rewards werent just iron or silver offerings..maybe a few gold..players around my level 10000gs are the ones in the top guilds who really grind it out to place high but alot of players dont think the reward is worth the hassle anymore for those offerings.....please change the drop rates..
  • bigBrulesbigBrules Registered Users 219 Posts
    A and I didn't see a vote option.
    Android Guild - upgrade
    Position - CO Guild Leader
    Device's: Google Nexus 9 / Samsung Galaxy S4
    Roms / Operating System: Cyanogenmod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2
  • Freddy406Freddy406 Registered Users 260 Posts

We appreciate your constructive feedback! Use the poll above and add comments below.

Can you make a poll on the two new levels of the 4th kingdom because they are even harder and exaggerated. Thank you
  • Jkilla24Jkilla24 Registered Users 11 Posts
    A. Bosses r a pain
  • SceptScept Registered Users 5 Posts
    definitely A

(no, i'm not UltraSceptile)
    Scept wrote: »
    definitely A

(no, i'm not UltraSceptile)

Seriously?
  • SpronkSpronk Registered Users 51 Posts
    Although I voted A, i don't think it needs to go back exactly the way it was; just toned down a bit or regs balanced out.
    Spronk wrote: »
    Although I voted A, i don't think it needs to go back exactly the way it was; just toned down a bit or regs balanced out.

Yeah, bosses now have triple HP, and runes barely help. It's ridiculously unbalanced
  • durc15durc15 Registered Users 124 Posts
    I vote A

Dunno what's the difference between B and C.

At least for the pre-4th Kingdom maps. Nerfed drop rates and reagent drops are also contributing to the enormous difficulty of the recent update.

As for the 4th Kingdom, the GS recommendation should be evaluated properly.

And of course monk's really can't do well there. He should be given better defensive skill. My 9k mage managed to get to the 2nd map and had a toe to toe with the archer before dying. But my 11k monk can't even finish the first map.

Thank you for at least giving us now the avenue to air our sides.
  • RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    New content is fine it just needs to be balanced with characters in mind. With all characters at 11k+ gs mage = easy, warrior = pay attention, monk = better have a ton of pots.

The old content needs to go back to the way it was except for hero tower.
  • ShowtimenycShowtimenyc Registered Users 6 Posts
    A - change it back but also the new maps are way too difficult
  • VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
    Kingdom 4 is fun, I love it.

But Kingdoms 1~3 is mess up for those new players.
    HP increase of enemy in Kingdoms 1~3 should be adjust and rebalanced.
    If you think we got rune and dealing more damage, please understand that most player would only use green rune. Because they still leveling and finding new gears, they wont put purple or gold rune in any other gear but godly. You cant expect they to pass by having all gold rune put in all they gear in all level.
    So enemy's HP should only increase 25~50% from patch 1.1. But keep Kingdom 4 the same (But please increase suggest GS to 9000+)
    VoidBlader wrote: »
    Kingdom 4 is fun, I love it.

But Kingdoms 1~3 is mess up for those new players.
    HP increase of enemy in Kingdoms 1~3 should be adjust and rebalanced.
    If you think we got rune and dealing more damage, please understand that most player would only use green rune. Because they still leveling and finding new gears, they wont put purple or gold rune in any other gear but godly. You cant expect they to pass by having all gold rune put in all they gear in all level.
    So enemy's HP should only increase 25~50% from patch 1.1. But keep Kingdom 4 the same (But please increase suggest GS to 9000+)

Kingdom four is going to be impossible if they start increasing the difficulty though.
  • Big SageBig Sage Registered Users 317 Posts
    A

Glad to see you're listening to us Glu :)
    -Sagelz
  • kennygkennyg Registered Users 250 Posts
    Rentoc wrote: »
    New content is fine it just needs to be balanced with characters in mind. With all characters at 11k+ gs mage = easy, warrior = pay attention, monk = better have a ton of pots.

The old content needs to go back to the way it was except for hero tower.

agreed/....should not be so absurdly difficult with my 12,185 monk with every piece having green frost res or green fire dmg runes....
  • UnknowersUnknowers Registered Users 19 Posts
    Sorry I can't vote cause I can't Play on my IPhone 4 :)

So don't Forget the IOS7.1 fail on the Next Update please..
  • ElrinderElrinder Registered Users 10 Posts

A, but on some level the question is too vague.
    First we don't even know what is intentional. Moloch suggested the the drop rate changes were bugs but since you haven't addressed it we suspect maybe they weren't. It isn't so much that the bosses are 'hard' though they are.

The problem is you have entirely killed progression--which is the very thing that people love about games like this. I used to put a couple of bucks Here and there every week or so to get the last push through a hump. But at this point evolving anything that requires a soulshard is impossible because you just can't get the reagent from nian or hellboy in legendary. Also purple and gold drops from those two bosses (and maybe others that I'm past) are so rare that meaningful progression is practically impossible even if it were possible to evolve anything.

I'm not sure what the world looks like at the end game because I foolishly chose a monk. But considering the drop rates of the intermediate bosses it doesn't matter because I could never expect to get and evolve new gold gear for any of my characters. The advice is to farm endless, which of course a monk who can't evolve weapons or gear can't do past about 105.

So the problem isn't boss difficulty. The problem is you have completely frozen my progression. I can beat bosses with enough effort. But why should I care to? Before the patch progression was just difficult enough to tantalize me into spending a bit of money right at the end of each push. Now it seems obvious that unless I'm willing to put enough money to buy a whole video game for EACH piece of gear, it isn't going to happen.

Maybe at godly gear level things are different. But I no longer have the faintest hope of getting there, so why bother?
  • radshortyradshorty Registered Users 103 Posts
    A! killing legendary hellboy is 4x longer now. plus that one reagent drop a game makes the match a disappointment and not feel worth it. Also, I'm glad there's a poll, and now they know it's too difficult for the vast majority of players. By the way, when is the character level going to be risen? anything coming very soon? just curious
  • Jaynee killJaynee kill Registered Users 183 Posts
    A a a a aaaaaaaaa
  • Jt11727Jt11727 Registered Users 25 Posts
    (A) too hard change it back, cant level my mage or monk because of update. And farming lhb is now a chore
  • chmkchmk Registered Users 34 Posts
    lol whoever put 'hard, make it harder'... were u trolling?

def A

my weak gs toons cant progress

but keep the endless difficulty please, i have to thank glu: pre patch couldnt make it past 114 with monk using purp butcher. now can make it to 124ish, and managed to find a gold wep.

but lower difficulty, as no one can realistically afford to keep interchanging gems.
    <Ex0dus>
    Senior Officer
  • warlordacewarlordace Registered Users 27 Posts

It makes the game not enjoyable. When you add new content our character should not become less effective. It makes all of our hard work feel as if it was not worth it and makes the community feel as if you do not care how we feel at all and you just simply want to use us for as much money as you can make. There are plenty of other games out there so we will just leave if this are not rectified and we are continued to be made feel this way. Video games should be relaxing and enjoyable. They should not upset you.

PS. The last 2 weeks I have only been able to log in long enough to get my daily reward and then it kicks me out. I have the latest ipod touch with ios 7.1 please fix it or let me port my character to my old ipad 2nd generation or my android smart phone.
  • raigeki09raigeki09 Registered Users 9 Posts
    If this poll is about the old map its okay, but change the reagents drop rate.. But in new map its diff story its very very hard..
This discussion has been closed.