POLL: 1.2 Update too hard or not?

Comments

• GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    mohican wrote: »
    They could make it past normal cyclops but progression before and after normal hellboy would be in my opinion extremely difficult. My 2600 gs monk cannot beat normal hellboy at all let alone legendary cyclops which I was beating with a bit of effort before the update.
    I feel sorry for whoever started this game after the 1.2 patch

Thanks; that's very helpful.
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Thanks; that's very helpful.

Like most people who have been playing this game for a while, i am not against hardcore grinding. But grinding must yield results. So if i farm for a couple of weeks and get nothing, im going to quit.

Most people would too, I'm guessing.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • xMichaelXxMichaelX Registered Users 65 Posts
    Warriors, we've heard your feedback and want your opinions! Our v1.2 update brought difficulty adjustments to the PvE levels in Kingdoms 1-3 and player feedback was mixed. Some found it too challenging, others thought the new challenge enhanced gameplay. What do you think about 1.2?

A) Too hard, change levels back
    B) Hard, but keep it the same
    C) Not too hard, keep it the same
    D) Not too hard, make it harder

We appreciate your constructive feedback! Use the poll above and add comments below.

I wouldn't know since I havnt played for two week before the update because you guys still havnt fixed ios 7.1 bug
  • Bratkat78Bratkat78 Registered Users 15 Posts
    Honestly I almost wanted to quit the first time before the update. If I had started after the update I definitely think I would have s****ped the game.
  • tensionado10tensionado10 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Is the maintenance today would fix thr bugs? Or is it an update?
  • gunman353gunman353 Registered Users 9 Posts
    Put old levels back to how they were, but incorporate the increased difficulty in newly added maps. People can't complete maps that they used to be able to complete without a problem. You shouldn't have made them harder. Future maps can be made harder though :) Thanks for hearing out the community.
  • enriquegenriqueg Registered Users 73 Posts
    Amen brother (refereeing/replying to Ultra). I'm in the same boat. I have 350+ iif and have only one godly resolve over at least 100 passes in hero tower levels 100-125. And forget dpss. Need to fix the boss item drop bug. Not that I want anything to be easy, just reasonable for those of us who do put in a good solid grind.
    enriqueg wrote: »
    Amen brother (refereeing/replying to Ultra). I'm in the same boat. I have 350+ iif and have only one godly resolve over at least 100 passes in hero tower levels 100-125. And forget dpss. Need to fix the boss item drop bug. Not that I want anything to be easy, just reasonable for those of us who do put in a good solid grind.

I have gotten everything except chestplate and bracers. I don't really care about jewelry TBH. Drop rates in endless are abysmal. I really wish Glu would increase them so that we could at least get SOMETHING out of the hours spent on the game....
    This piece is actually helpful. Do others think agree with this statement? That if you were coming at this with fresh eyes, never having played, that it would be just too hard? Would you have made it past the Cyclops?

I was helpful?

I guess I'll take it.

/takes a bow.
  • SpronkSpronk Registered Users 51 Posts
    This piece is actually helpful. Do others think agree with this statement? That if you were coming at this with fresh eyes, never having played, that it would be just too hard? Would you have made it past the Cyclops?

Since you asked, my 2 gems.

First of all, I think you guys have developed a great game for mobile devices. The pay model of a game like this can easily result in spending more than a full PC or console title with many hours of non-repeating content. To an extent, I think that is ok because it offers a fun and easy way to get into a quick game and have some fun no matter where you are.

This is where I think some care needs to be taken. It is at the end of the day a loot grinder based on quick fun. Frustration and grind fatigue on a smartphone screen is not fun. With the current update, you can no longer jump in and play a while and hope to get anywhere. Currently, there is no loot dropping and I have been stuck not getting past 24 in the lotus tower or 104 in endless since the update. ( I play a lot more than I really should).

One particular thing with the update really rubbed me the wrong way with the game and devs. After the first few hours, it became clear that runes were going to be necessary to progress. It didn't take long before my inventory was full due to drills and runes and I either had to sell them or buy gems for bag space to be able to enter a map. I certainly don't mind spending some money to support the game, but I didn't like getting squeezed to buy gems or quit playing.

I'm willing to bet there were a lot of purchases in the days following the 1.2 update. I made a couple of purchases myself. Unfortunately, I got little bang for my buck. I won't be making any gem purchases in the future until I see a couple of updates. 1.2 was very heavy handed.
    I was helpful?

I guess I'll take it.

/takes a bow.

I would like to nominate UltraSceptile for Community CSR.
    Spronk wrote: »
    I would like to nominate UltraSceptile for Community CSR.

Thank you! Thank you!

/takes another bow.
    For what it is worth while rant mode is on: People don't mind a challenge when it is laid out in front of them. They don't like deception.

The GS numbers for maps are deceptive...
    The failure rate for combining grey runes says "low". It isn't and it is deceptive...
    The rune god wheel that shows all blues and greens gives mostly greys is deceptive...
  • Srs1172Srs1172 Registered Users 7 Posts
    Before the patch I was beating legendary cyclops about half of the time farming for gear with all three characters. Now I need at least 2000+ over recommended gs score to beat him now had to farm tower for a week to get gear to beat him. Really getting burned out farming the same boss over and over with no rewards.
  • LactrixLactrix Registered Users 141 Posts
    You guys just stop, the devs wont listen. They are forced by some overweight investors to ruin this game with iap's. Glu had. Great product, but greed ruined it. If you want this game to increase again here are some facts towards what needs to be changed.

1. Remove wheels, why? Because they are bordet to be a fraud and that is something we gamer can sue glu for. So either remove them alltogether or atleast remove those ****ing treshurs wich only gives you ****. In fact remove wheels and remake shop so you could spend gems on the item you want! People would spend more money for gems if this was inplimented making glus wallet thicker. Must suck for glus economical staff to be schooled by a economic student.

2. We love a challange, but as you guys have noticed when you **** players over and over again the leave (this game will be dead in 2-3 months if nothing changes) seen it happen so often happening to promesing games being to greedy and killed itself.

3. Have a roation of the tournaments so people can prepare and not having 4 coin heavy tours in a row. Where the **** are offering, endless and bosskill??

My two cents from a pro gamer
  • Jt11727Jt11727 Registered Users 25 Posts
    i totally agree im having an extremly hard time trying to progress at all on my mage, i genuinley think it will put off new players and existing players
  • TerryQTerryQ Registered Users 241 Posts
    Free to play games generally are downloaded because they are free, and most play no more than a couple of times. For a game to be a success it has to grab their attention within the first few levels and the first boss to be a challenge that with advice from other players can be defeated. Get them past the first boss and they are more likely to stay with the game, even to the extent of doing the game on all the characters, the update made it harder for the new player to get drawn into the game. No way are they going to play through it 3 times.
    Quiet voices are overlooked, loud voices are ignored and constant voices are banned it would seem.
  • bezorbezor Registered Users 2 Posts

When I first started I had a really hard time with normal cyclops and almost quit. I didnt and now I'm in the top 500 all time GS. If I was starting now, I know I would quit trying to beat the cyclops.
  • YodafettYodafett Registered Users 8 Posts
    Keep the drops the same. Rare items should be rare.

I personally like the new difficulty but perhaps it is a bit too extreme for the majority.

4th kingdom: far too hard for recommended GS -Wouldnt even attempt it at 7.5k
  • TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts
    Yodafett wrote: »

Very nice post.
    But consider that you haven't pass LHb.
    How many times do you think you need LHb for 5 soulshards for Chad (let's say you were lucky at Nian and have it)?
    Let's say 150 times?
    And by the way, if you're not very good at parry the succes rate is somewhere between 1 to 3 out of 10 with Chad 15/15 and it takes more than 1 min. So it takes about 8 minutes/kill x 150 times = 1200 minutes = 20 full hours (or 5 days at 4 hours/day - middle addicted) just to max your weapon. They will release new content way before you max your gear and you would never be able to keep up.
    Do you like the drop rates?
  • FlyingvigilFlyingvigil Registered Users 61 Posts
    bezor wrote: »
    When I first started I had a really hard time with normal cyclops and almost quit. I didnt and now I'm in the top 500 all time GS. If I was starting now, I know I would quit trying to beat the cyclops.

Hi bezor. I think i read it in previous thread somewhere that the new update only made leg mode harder. But not the normal mode. So for someone who starts at normal mode, he or she would have the same foes as we had before.
    Maybe i am wrong. But my monk is still on normal mode and i do not really feel any difference on difficulty level. My mage in contrary, which in leg mode atm, is 4 dungeons backwards.
  • MorimMorim Registered Users 16 Posts
    Yodafett wrote: »

I personally like the new difficulty but perhaps it is a bit too extreme for the majority.

4th kingdom: far too hard for recommended GS -Wouldnt even attempt it at 7.5k

Rare items used to be rare, now they are a myth. In one week farming endless wave 110-130 I managed to get two shards.. No legendary whatsoever, sometimes not even epic drops. Normal cyclops and nian don't even drop epic pieces of equipment anymore, it's taking me longer to get my mage to 1500 than it did taking my warrior to 10k. When you kill a boss and see all white and green 25 times in a row, it is very disappointing, for everyone. Honestly, your statement is very inaccurate in this situation, but I respect your opinion.
  • dnumyarrajedodnumyarrajedo Registered Users 6 Posts
    yes i agree with you...my warrior GS is 10366 but still i cant beat the 1st map in the 4th kingdom even once...how was that???i stop trying to enter the 4th kingdom...maybe quit the game if there are no changes in this matters..

hope they will fix this problem.
  • sergiu111sergiu111 Registered Users 109 Posts

I actually do agree with Ultra. And I'm a newbie. Now stop pretending to care.
  • VykusSouldrinkerVykusSouldrinker Registered Users 173 Posts
    tobyt wrote: »
    "You may not vote on this poll"

I can't vote on the poll, but my choice is definitely A. The harder bosses are a pain, but what is really killing this game for me and the reason I am going to stop playing soon is because the reagents drop rates are now so low (have NEVER gotten a DPSS since the update despite 20-40 hellboy runs a day and at least 6-7 tower runs a day (levels 100-120)). What's the point of playing when you can't evolve your gear? I have purchased some gems but can't afford many DPSS at more than 50 gems a pop.

The only DP drops I seem to get now are the stupid sigils (I now have accumulated over 600 of these); for some reason bloods are more rare than sigils. Hearts are pretty hard to come by but SS are now impossible to get.

I couldn't agree more with this! Same exact problems I am having. The reagent drops are horrendous!! I too get WAY more sigils than bloods, which doesn't make sense bc sigils are blue and supposed to be rare, whole bloods are green and supposed to be uncommon.

It's fun to find new gear, and even with the nerfed drop rates I can find an upgrade here and there(very sparingly though, still need to change drop rates back or increase them), but I cannot get the reagents to evolve them!! New gear is useless unless you can at least get it evolved twice, because it doesn't start becoming better than my present gear until about that time.

I have got 1 DCSS and 1 DPSS since the update, and we are talking 10-20 tower runs/day and Leg Cyclops at least 100 kills/day. Also I can never get DC blood only sigils, its like 5 to 1!
  • annonannon Registered Users 128 Posts
    I can't vote in the poll either, but I would vote A if I could. Luckily I was lvl 49 at the update so I was not affected greatly, but others in the game appear to be. Also, what was once a very active town is now dead with no messages for long periods of time. Newbies use the town a lot, and there does not appear to be too many hanging around. That should be a concern for developers more than ant0ything else. I think it speaks volumes and (is that kind of a pun?) can be easily verfied by anyone, meaning it is not opinion. You may have shot yourself in the foot, my dear glu.
  • SkyrideSkyride Registered Users 36 Posts
    yes i agree with you...my warrior GS is 10366 but still i cant beat the 1st map in the 4th kingdom even once...how was that???i stop trying to enter the 4th kingdom...maybe quit the game if there are no changes in this matters..

hope they will fix this problem.

This is regarding kingdoms 1-3. I think the 4th kingdom is fine the way it is, a challenge but definitely manageable.
  • annonannon Registered Users 128 Posts
    One more thing that gives creedance to my ptior comment: I got a new tablet a month ago. I am also playing ew3 on it. I am a lvl 29, gs 1694. I am awaiting reagent drops to grt through heroes road. On my other tablet, when going from lvl 1 to 50, my mailbox was filled with friend and guild requests (I had no guild at the time). With this new tab/character, I rarely get a requst. Not complaining cuz requests go both ways, but to me it shows ot as many people are playing the game. At this early stage in the games lifecycle, I think polling is not necessary. Daily logins and r edvenue should tell you the game is going in the wrong direction.
    Lastly, my memory is not great, but I am pretty sure I was farther along with my gs at level 29 in my other game.
  • EvilButNiceEvilButNice Registered Users 55 Posts
    The difficulty of the two maps kinda frustrating as well as the droprates..In legendary it could have been ok if the difficulty being raise but you should increase the drop rates not the other way around..The difficulty increases but the drop rate decreases its so frustrating really sir sorry to say this..and most of the Hardcore,money spender were quiting and uninstalling this game even I use to play almost 16 hrs a day but now I only spend 1 or 2hrs coz Im getting no drops from hellboy..I used to purchased dollars over gems but not anymore with this update..l used to work over tournaments but the rewards is not worth the hussle..
  • Nephelim33Nephelim33 Registered Users 8 Posts
    Hello everyone,

Please give us our game back XD Well, I just want to tell to Glû how it can de tough to keep our guild motivate for playing Eternity Warriors.

I explain: my members are adults, not kids, we all have a job to do in our lifes. So, for farming, in previous time (before the update 1.2 I mean), it was cool ^^ I just had to tell them where they can drops some good stuff, like the locations of Legendary Stuff...

But what about now? I'm always trying to motivate, not for farming, just for PLAYING. It is really frustrative to trying to keep the players with us. Because, you know, it is your job to make players happy, not mine.

I think all the guild master will be OK with me, we all doing your job. Please put the game like previous, runes are not a bad thing, but the bosses are a little bit too hard, and the drop rate needs to come back to normal. Do what you want with the bosses, but please let's replace the drop rate as before. If not, it will be really hard for us, guild masters, to keep players on Eternity Warriors.

I apologize for my english writing, I'm french and I just learned english at school XD

Hope I will be read by some moderators, or players who will be agree. I'm not searching war with devs or something like this, just want to share my opinion and hope that will be taking seriousely.
This discussion has been closed.