Couple mid level questions regarding iif...

VykusSouldrinkerVykusSouldrinker Registered Users 173 Posts
-First of all, I was wondering exactly how iif works, or if anyone has this information? I noticed that while farming reagents I get many, many more dc sigils than dc blood. Blood is green and should be easier to get yet I get more sigils(5 to 1). I had read that this may be because my iif is too high so I don't get the lower level reagents.

-Also regarding iif: I was farming Leg Cyclops and I got a couple Transcndent pieces of fortitude; a chest and shoulders. I had heard that only resovle gear is worth upgrading, and I am paranoid that if I don't have resovle gear I won't be able to get good item and reagent drops without iif. Is it worth even upgrading and evolving fortitude pieces or should I just sell those and farm for resolve? They are drastically higher max gs than my current gear(300+ each).

-I have heard people say iif is a useless stat, what do they mean by this?

Thanks is advance for the help

VykusSouldrinker

Comments

• UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    IIF is a worthless stat because it doesn't help. At least, there is no solid proof of it. All you need is luck in EW3.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • LegionsbladeLegionsblade Registered Users 103 Posts
    Ultra is correct. IIF is a stat that is pointless in this game. Ultra is also correct in stating that there is no data that actually proves that IIF works. I personally see no difference in drop rates of high end gear using fortitude gear vs resolve gear. Fortitude gear is just as good as resolve gear.
  • Mohamed97Mohamed97 Registered Users 350 Posts
    Regarding the iif , it makes a difference in normal dungens but useless in endless / for your question about gears , if u can't progress w/o them use em if u can store them and wait for res to upgrade
  • SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    -First of all, I was wondering exactly how iif works, or if anyone has this information? I noticed that while farming reagents I get many, many more dc sigils than dc blood. Blood is green and should be easier to get yet I get more sigils(5 to 1). I had read that this may be because my iif is too high so I don't get the lower level reagents.

-Also regarding iif: I was farming Leg Cyclops and I got a couple Transcndent pieces of fortitude; a chest and shoulders. I had heard that only resovle gear is worth upgrading, and I am paranoid that if I don't have resovle gear I won't be able to get good item and reagent drops without iif. Is it worth even upgrading and evolving fortitude pieces or should I just sell those and farm for resolve? They are drastically higher max gs than my current gear(300+ each).

-I have heard people say iif is a useless stat, what do they mean by this?

Thanks is advance for the help

VykusSouldrinker

Well I´m not going to argue about this with those that say its useless but yes iif does help you to get "better" (epic,legend) items easiser and less of "worse" items on the normal dungeons including legend hellboy. This is my own experience and I dont got time to do any documented tests on it. But someone had a post on this forum earlier where they tested runs with diffrent iif stats and it confirmed the pattern. Raises quality but not quantity. To your question about the reagents, yes I belive if you want more bloods you need to have low iif.

Edit: Found the post I was refering to
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?97498-Data-on-iif-it-increases-quality-not-quantity

However it doesnt seem to help anything as far as my own experience goes in Towers or now removed Jade Forest even tho it´s stated otherwise from Glu.

Conclusion: IIF raises the chance to get an item. So if its 0.01% chance to get a certen legendary item drop, with 300% iif it will be 0.04%. So yes it is still the luck that determents if you get it. Someone with 100% can get the gold unbreakable item faster than you even if you have 400% but in the end iif makes if more likely to happen. I would say, dont wast resources to max evolve any fortitude items and instead wait for the resolve ones to drop untill you have reached closer to end-game. When you are trying to get Godly items in Tower it is the floor level that raises the chance of you getting that gold item so there, evolve what ever item that makes you get higher including fortitude ones.
  • ThaDoctorThaDoctor Registered Users 50 Posts
    IIF does work and does increase quality of drops. It works in endless and Jade Forest too. The chances are already so low, though, that a 300% increase isn't as much as it seems. Though you DO get 3x the blue, purple, and orange drops than with none. It just doesn't seem noticable.
    SirDiGiTaL wrote: »
    To your question about the reagents, yes I believe if you want more bloods you need to have low iif.

This is correct. Reducing your iif will increase your blood drops compared to sigils.

As for solid proof, IIF and how it works has been confirmed by a moderator here:
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?98322-increase-item-find&p=160073&viewfull=1#post160073
  • SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    Yeah, the thing is I know it´s suppose to work in there but does it? Even if a chance is low for something to happen it´s still 3x as you and myself have stated which is huuge and this should be noticable after a while as it is on Hellboy. Especially on epic items, right? Have you done a test like the one you did in the other thread on the tower?
    On the contrary I´m getting 1-3 items or even zero after a 5-stg run way to often for it to be normal with my 430% iif. So I´m not to sure about it working as intended.
  • LietoLieto Registered Users 141 Posts
    From my personal experience IIF do help. I was running with around 50% most of the time and then got to 200 overnight and i got to say it was noticeable. Then i went back to 50 and its not rare that i get 10 grey items for 5 levels in tower.

So all in all if you struggle with progression — get item with highest GS
    If you are fine with your current speed of progression, go for "quality of life change" with IIF
  • VykusSouldrinkerVykusSouldrinker Registered Users 173 Posts
    Thanks for the replies!

I personally do think there is a slight difference with higher iif, I just don't know how much of a difference. I went from a lvl 26 gold Butcher sword I got from Hellboy to a 31 purple Raider sword which gave me an extra 32% iif at 15/15. Within 2 or 3 days of farming leg cyclops I got 2 gold swords, and 2 gold transcendent pieces. With the gold Butcher sword I hadn't got a single gold drop. I don't know if this is because I can farm him faster with the purple sword so more kills=more chances for good drops, or if the iif is actually helping.

Anyway, being that I am OCD I will probably keep farming for the resolve pieces, as I just don't like the idea of having gear without iif unless is Zerker jewelry.
    Lieto wrote: »
    From my personal experience IIF do help. I was running with around 50% most of the time and then got to 200 overnight and i got to say it was noticeable. Then i went back to 50 and its not rare that i get 10 grey items for 5 levels in tower.

So all in all if you struggle with progression — get item with highest GS
    If you are fine with your current speed of progression, go for "quality of life change" with IIF

It has already been stated by Glu that IIF doesnt work in the towers. This reply is wrong. As for noticing a difference in a day or two that is luck not IIF showing a difference and to know if IIF works u would need to see atleast a week of farming. I have high IIF and I have times where I get several legendaries in a row and have times where I farm for an hour and get a few purples. So, in conclusion IIF isn't consistent and sometimes the drops u get come down to luck.
    If i would like to measure the difference between IIF and no IIF i would run a boss like 50 times and count grey, green and blue items. I would exclude legendaries and maybe purples as well.

Since blu stated that IIF defines quality of the items u get, not quantity.
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Lieto wrote: »
    If i would like to measure the difference between IIF and no IIF i would run a boss like 50 times and count grey, green and blue items. I would exclude legendaries and maybe purples as well.

Since blu stated that IIF defines quality of the items u get, not quantity.

I once did that. 0 IIF vs 370% IIF.

100 kills on LHB.

370= 10 unbreakables, 2 shards.

0= 8 unbrekables, and 3 shards

Me= -__-
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
    10% drop rate on legendaries seems insane anyway.
    It has already been stated by Glu that IIF doesnt work in the towers. This reply is wrong.

You are completely wrong. Glu in fact stated that it DOES work in towers.

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?98322-increase-item-find&p=157438&viewfull=1#post157438

"IIF has an effect everywhere, it just isn't as pronounced in ET(endless tower) and JF(jade forest) due to the drop tables composition in the areas."
    I'm glad u are an optimist ThaDoctor but until there is actual data showing that IIF has any significant effect on item drop quality most will assume it doesn't matter. There is a reason this subject comes up all the time and that is because there is no significant increase over actual grinding where people see a difference in quality drops. Until a significant group of testing comes out people can say whatever they want to how it works but most of us know by now godly fortitude gear is just as good as godly resolve gear.
  • FuryWeaselFuryWeasel Registered Users 80 Posts
    I run endless 8-10 times a day, sometimes with 291% iif and sometimes with 463% iif. I don't see a difference in the quality of items I find, but I do get more useless greys and greens with higher iif. I also find that many times on the last wave of a stage, I get 0 items with the higher iif. If I mix and match gear and use a 350% iif I seem to get more godly gear than with the higher iif. All in all I think it is just a matter of luck. My warrior found godly boots with a 160 iif yet my mage can't find the last godly item I need with high iif. It seems to be a useless stat.
    Guild leader of Marauders
    I'm glad u are an optimist ThaDoctor but until there is actual data showing that IIF has any significant effect on item drop quality most will assume it doesn't matter. There is a reason this subject comes up all the time and that is because there is no significant increase over actual grinding where people see a difference in quality drops. Until a significant group of testing comes out people can say whatever they want to how it works but most of us know by now godly fortitude gear is just as good as godly resolve gear.

It's funny. Everyone says there's no data, but there is. It's right here...

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?97498-Data-on-iif-it-increases-quality-not-quantity

There ya go, data. It coincides with the stated mechanics of iif by the people who actually make the game.

Do you still want to claim that it does nothing? Please include your own data that proves your opinion, not just "i didn't notice a difference" or "when i put on more iif my cat gets grumpy!" Those are unsubstantiated claims.

Every time you say "I got godly at 12 iif and only whites at 500 iif" without numerical data to back it, god kills a kitten.