Options

An open challenge to Glu.

FuryWeaselFuryWeasel Registered Users 80 Posts
The poll is a great idea to get feedback from the players, but if the producers and devs of EW3 really want to experience what the new and old players feel, then I challenge them to start EW3 as a new player and see how long it takes them to play before they get stuck. Let them use their own money to buy gems, not company money. Let them experience the horrible drop rates. Let them run endless multiple times a day and get nothing. Basically, let them play the game that they created and see how far they get. I commend Glu for asking for the players input, but I think they need to experience things for themselves. So, to the devs and producers, I challenge you to play your own game and to make a 12k gs lvl 50 character.
Guild leader of Marauders

Comments

• Options
    SneezingCatSneezingCat Registered Users 211 Posts
    Yea, because that'll happen. +1 doe.
    Jewelz
  • Options
    Wolf_CookieWolf_Cookie Registered Users 60 Posts
    (not holding my breath on this one...)

Ultra - Surely you have something to say about this one...?
  • Options
    sergiu111sergiu111 Registered Users 109 Posts
    "F*ck you."

-Glu
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    (not holding my breath on this one...)

Ultra - Surely you have something to say about this one...?

Yea, i do. Lay off the developers, guys. They arent making much money.

Glû is the one were after.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    LietoLieto Registered Users 141 Posts
    FuryWeasel wrote: »
    The poll is a great idea to get feedback from the players, but if the producers and devs of EW3 really want to experience what the new and old players feel, then I challenge them to start EW3 as a new player and see how long it takes them to play before they get stuck. Let them use their own money to buy gems, not company money. Let them experience the horrible drop rates. Let them run endless multiple times a day and get nothing. Basically, let them play the game that they created and see how far they get. I commend Glu for asking for the players input, but I think they need to experience things for themselves. So, to the devs and producers, I challenge you to play your own game and to make a 12k gs lvl 50 character.

You are funny. Do you really think that Glu doesn't know how long it takes to get to 12500 gs? Every development team got a bunch testers that are making sure that progression are at the desired pace.

This game is about killing things thousands of times over and over to get a CHANCE of progression. Thats the core principle. Don't like it — play mario carts.

The thing is that you are seeing a guy with level 44 golden weapon and rare wings in town and you want those things as well but you know what? — chances are that the guy farmed it for half a year and there are many guys who farmed it for longer and still didn't get it. So you are not getting it any faster. And if he bought those things? Well, you should be grateful because THAT DUDE is the SOLE reason you can play this game. Else you would never have a single MINUTE of fun in EW3.
  • Options
    Lieto wrote: »
    You are funny. Do you really think that Glu doesn't know how long it takes to get to 12500 gs? Every development team got a bunch testers that are making sure that progression are at the desired pace.

This game is about killing things thousands of times over and over to get a CHANCE of progression. Thats the core principle. Don't like it — play mario carts.

The thing is that you are seeing a guy with level 44 golden weapon and rare wings in town and you want those things as well but you know what? — chances are that the guy farmed it for half a year and there are many guys who farmed it for longer and still didn't get it. So you are not getting it any faster. Sure you can buy things but why would you pay for your game to end? Buying best gear means your game is over.

I know a chick who got Murdermaker in 3 kills from Jade Forest Cyclops. And how do I know?

ten minutes after the original Jade Forest was brought in, she showed me the beautiful MM.

And it took me two months to get that thing. One whole month on JC with no luck, and then 1 whole month in endless.

By then, most of my guild had quit.

So, keep playing this game until you realize that no one plays anymore!

The whole point of the game is to farm, until you reach a goal.

I have racked up 16 wondrous chests in the past 3 months. Not one single godly chest from endless.

I call BS.
  • Options
    LietoLieto Registered Users 141 Posts
    You are taking math too personal.

I have NO IDEA what exact numbers are but seeing how i did around 3000 levels of tower since level 100 with no IIF without seeing a single legendary item lets assume that you are supposed to get 1 legendary item per 1000 levels of tower. Thats 1 legendary per 50 runs but whatever. Now there can be around 50 combinations of legendary items of the vulture of the fortitude and other sht.

So your chances to get the legendary item you want per run with 20 levels done is around... well.. i am awful at math but i d imagine its something like 0.04%. Statistically you would need to make 2500 tower runs to get it but those are not dependable events so even if you run it for million times on your million and first try your chances are still 0.04%.

p.s. again, those numbers are completely out of my ars but i hope you get what i mean.
  • Options
    VaceronVaceron Registered Users 2 Posts

The thing is that you are seeing a guy with level 44 golden weapon and rare wings in town and you want those things as well but you know what? — chances are that the guy farmed it for half a year and there are many guys who farmed it for longer and still didn't get it. So you are not getting it any faster. And if he bought those things? Well, you should be grateful because THAT DUDE is the SOLE reason you can play this game. Else you would never have a single MINUTE of fun in EW3.

I think that youre missing the entire point of why people are up in arms about the update. 95% of the issues that people have have to do with the decreased drop rate. I personally havent seen a soulshard drop of any type from any boss on any character since 1.2 arrived. That is after thousands of Lengendary/Regular Cyclops, Regular Nian, and Regular Hellboy. And within those thousands of kills, i got 1 legendary drop. It was from Nian, and was a level 15 wand. Completely useless to me.

The thing that most high level players, as i am assuming you are, are missing, is the fact that you can no longer progress in the game if you hadnt already farmed LHellboy for all of his drops before the patch. Those of us with nooby characters cant hardly get a Legendary drop but once in a dozen blue moons, and if we do, we cant max it out due to lack of soulshard drops anyways.

What i am trying to get at, and what higher level and almost maxed out players need to understand, is that newer and lower level players dont want everything handed to us, we simply want the same ability to progress as you higher level players had when you guys were our level. You guys progressed through the game with the old drop rates giving Legendaries every 10th run of Nian, and you guys progressed with a Soulshard drop every 12th run. If things hadnt been that way, if things were the way that they are now, you never would have progressed the way you did. You wouldnt be at where you are now.

So, long story short, we dont want things handed to us, we simply want the same opportunities that you guys had. We want the same drop rate you guys had, we want the same struggle of progression that you guys had. We simply want the same experience you guys had that managed to keep you guys playing as long as you have.
  • Options
    Vaceron wrote: »
    I think that youre missing the entire point of why people are up in arms about the update. 95% of the issues that people have have to do with the decreased drop rate. I personally havent seen a soulshard drop of any type from any boss on any character since 1.2 arrived. That is after thousands of Lengendary/Regular Cyclops, Regular Nian, and Regular Hellboy. And within those thousands of kills, i got 1 legendary drop. It was from Nian, and was a level 15 wand. Completely useless to me.

The thing that most high level players, as i am assuming you are, are missing, is the fact that you can no longer progress in the game if you hadnt already farmed LHellboy for all of his drops before the patch. Those of us with nooby characters cant hardly get a Legendary drop but once in a dozen blue moons, and if we do, we cant max it out due to lack of soulshard drops anyways.

What i am trying to get at, and what higher level and almost maxed out players need to understand, is that newer and lower level players dont want everything handed to us, we simply want the same ability to progress as you higher level players had when you guys were our level. You guys progressed through the game with the old drop rates giving Legendaries every 10th run of Nian, and you guys progressed with a Soulshard drop every 12th run. If things hadnt been that way, if things were the way that they are now, you never would have progressed the way you did. You wouldnt be at where you are now.

So, long story short, we dont want things handed to us, we simply want the same opportunities that you guys had. We want the same drop rate you guys had, we want the same struggle of progression that you guys had. We simply want the same experience you guys had that managed to keep you guys playing as long as you have.

Lieto is not an endgame person. He just likes to tell everyone how wrong they are.

I have a 11.8k gs warrior and a 9700 gs mage. And trust me, i know how you feel. High end players are ****ed off too.
  • Options
    VykusSouldrinkerVykusSouldrinker Registered Users 173 Posts
    Vaceron wrote: »

I am not an endgamer, but I am Mid game(currently on L Nian), anyway the problem is not even so much the gear drop rates(which are still terrible) but the REAGENT drop rates!

Its almost like they taunt you and try to get you to buy gems, by giving you a few nice armor/weapon drops, but then no ability to upgrade/evolve them because of the shortage of reagents. And the problem for most people is that the drops do not coincide with the type of reagents you can farm. For instance, you have gear in your pack that requires demon champ reagents to upgrade, your trying to farm them but you can't because that content is too difficult without upgrading your gear! Catch-22.

Either spend a little money to upgrade some stuff to be able to farm the stuff you need to progress, or just farm hours and hours and hours until you can progress minute amounts and finally be able to get a little ahead.
  • Options
    kwatogkwatog Registered Users 3 Posts
    Amen to that!
  • Options
    FuryWeaselFuryWeasel Registered Users 80 Posts
    Thank you for understanding the point I was trying to make. I am an end gamer. 12.5gs mage 9.7gs monk and 9.1gs warrior and finding reagents is near impossible. I posted this in hopes that the Glû team would take notice and change the drop rates back to what they were. Player progression has ground to a halt. New and mid level players are struggling and the frustration is causing many to quit the game. I seriously doubt there would be many end gamers if the drop rate were what it is now, unless they spend hundreds of dollars. I really feel bad for any new player coming into this game and having to deal with the horrendous drop rates, and inability to progress.
    Guild leader of Marauders
  • Options
    FuryWeasel wrote: »
    Thank you for understanding the point I was trying to make. I am an end gamer. 12.5gs mage 9.7gs monk and 9.1gs warrior and finding reagents is near impossible. I posted this in hopes that the Glû team would take notice and change the drop rates back to what they were. Player progression has ground to a halt. New and mid level players are struggling and the frustration is causing many to quit the game. I seriously doubt there would be many end gamers if the drop rate were what it is now, unless they spend hundreds of dollars. I really feel bad for any new player coming into this game and having to deal with the horrendous drop rates, and inability to progress.

Why not farm endless for reagents? I went from 0 DP bloods to 170 DP bloods in 3 days.
  • Options
    FlyingvigilFlyingvigil Registered Users 61 Posts

Well said in all aspects Lieto.

Plus I do not understand people who rant about those paying gamers get good stuffs or win a tournament.
    Nobody forces those richie ritches to spend money. And nobody stops you to spend money too, if you want.

Glu has expenses and staffs from ceo to janitors who would want to see the paychecks at the end of the month.
    And unless it is a charity, every company's goal is to make profit. Or at least to break even the costs.
  • Options
    Agree with the terrible reagents drop rates.
    My mage is farming leg nian for a slim chance of dc shards too.
    But well, i keep playing and bear in mind i will need the coins for the skill upgrades anyway.
  • Options
    Well said in all aspects Lieto.

Plus I do not understand people who rant about those paying gamers get good stuffs or win a tournament.
    Nobody forces those richie ritches to spend money. And nobody stops you to spend money too, if you want.

Glu has expenses and staffs from ceo to janitors who would want to see the paychecks at the end of the month.
    And unless it is a charity, every company's goal is to make profit. Or at least to break even the costs.

You won't be saying that when there is a PvP tournament and some noob just spends ten grand on revives to win an awesome prize.

I can imagine.

Lvl 10 noob spams revives against Lvl 50.

3 hours later Lvl 50 guy needs to go to the bathroom.

F*ck that sh*t.
  • Options
    VykusSouldrinkerVykusSouldrinker Registered Users 173 Posts
    Why not farm endless for reagents? I went from 0 DP bloods to 170 DP bloods in 3 days.

Good point Ultra, but the same logic applies here. The floors that drop the reagents you need are usually too difficult without upgrading the gear in your pack. However you can't upgrade that gear to beat those floors unless you get the reagents, which you can't get.

Sometimes you can get lucky on a dungeon boss(I got 2 DC hearts from the boss in Dragons Neck)but it was like 200 runs to get them.

Bottom line is they need to make reagents, especially hearts and sshards, a little bit easier to get. I understand endgamers main goal becomes farming for DP sshards to evolve gear, so maybe those should be hardest to obtain, but either way they need to give players a better chance to get these reagents.
  • Options
    You won't be saying that when there is a PvP tournament and some noob just spends ten grand on revives to win an awesome prize.

I can imagine.

Lvl 10 noob spams revives against Lvl 50.

3 hours later Lvl 50 guy needs to go to the bathroom.

F*ck that sh*t.

First question : why do you constantly use those curse words in this forum? Does it make you feel great and educated?
    Just wonder..

Second : if some newbies are willing to pay 10 k grands to squash my char on pvp, i would thank them, honestly.
    As they make glu keep going on paying the developers and janitors, in the end keeps this game going.
  • Options
    First question : why do you constantly use those curse words in this forum? Does it make you feel great and educated?
    Just wonder..

Second : if some newbies are willing to pay 10 k grands to squash my char on pvp, i would thank them, honestly.
    As they make glu keep going on paying the developers and janitors, in the end keeps this game going.

Um, no, but seriously, imagine if they offer a brand new, top tier sword, that is only available through PvP? And you beat that person, fair and square. And if they decide to pay money for it, I highly doubt you would thank them.

As for my swearing, I try not to, unless i get really ****ed off. Like, for example, if someone decides to spend money and take away a grand prize. I would not be happy with that.

And besides, we all saw the Beast King tournament. You know, the one where people spend hundreds of dollars? The top twenty list was riddled with them. Glu made a ton of money. A TON. And what came out of that?

A bad update where everyone was mad. And a ton of people quit.

Production of the game has gone cold. Frozen.

If someone wants to pay money for offerings and get three full sets of godly, i don't care. But knowing Glu, if they implement PvP, then they will allow revives and pots. And if that is the case, PvP won't be a display of skill, but rather of vulgarity. And then, im sure everyone who is not blind would quit the game.
  • Options
    Good point Ultra, but the same logic applies here. The floors that drop the reagents you need are usually too difficult without upgrading the gear in your pack. However you can't upgrade that gear to beat those floors unless you get the reagents, which you can't get.

Sometimes you can get lucky on a dungeon boss(I got 2 DC hearts from the boss in Dragons Neck)but it was like 200 runs to get them.

Bottom line is they need to make reagents, especially hearts and sshards, a little bit easier to get. I understand endgamers main goal becomes farming for DP sshards to evolve gear, so maybe those should be hardest to obtain, but either way they need to give players a better chance to get these reagents.

No, Flyingvigil said that he ran out of reagents. And he also said he was an endgamer. So i said with a gold maxed out lvl 44 (standard for all endgamers), then you can just farm endless. 6-8 runs a day will net you 25-40 prince bloods if you're good. Especially from floors 110-130. If you're really low on reagents, then you can run 100-130. Even more bloods and eyes (sigils are too plentiful, lol). As for shards, you can find 1 or 2 a day, or maybe 3-5 if you are lucky in endless.