Options

Solution to rune/gear/bag space dilemma

RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
You guys need to make gear multi socketed. It would save on bag space not having to have multiple sets of gear. And would make alot of people happy not having to change gear for whatever dungeon they are going into. And trust me yall really need to start making people happy.

Its very simple.

Blues would have a max of one socket.
Purples a max of two sockets.
Legendaries a max of three sockets of course.

Each socket would still require a drill.

Now this would would give a player the choice of really power loading a character with same rune types to tackle a dungeon. Or balancing a character with one of each rune type in a piece of gear for more flexibility.

Now this is all based on you guys keeping this same rune system around. I personally think the game mechanics were fine before. If you were wanting to add a socketing system it should have used existing parameters in the game. The runes should have been cc,cd,hp,def,damage and er. But i believe that ship has sailed.

Comments

• Options
    sergiu111sergiu111 Registered Users 109 Posts
    Solution: $$$
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    Rentoc wrote: »
    You guys need to make gear multi socketed. It would save on bag space not having to have multiple sets of gear. And would make alot of people happy not having to change gear for whatever dungeon they are going into. And trust me yall really need to start making people happy.

Its very simple.

Blues would have a max of one socket.
    Purples a max of two sockets.
    Legendaries a max of three sockets of course.

Each socket would still require a drill.

Now this would would give a player the choice of really power loading a character with same rune types to tackle a dungeon. Or balancing a character with one of each rune type in a piece of gear for more flexibility.

Now this is all based on you guys keeping this same rune system around. I personally think the game mechanics were fine before. If you were wanting to add a socketing system it should have used existing parameters in the game. The runes should have been cc,cd,hp,def,damage and er. But i believe that ship has sailed.

I like all those ideas. Very doubtful they will ever be implemented though because rarely do our suggestions get acted upon. If they ever did though the whole game would have to be rebalanced as with 3 gems per item of gear you would have a very powerful character.

When the runes were first introduced many people (like me) did suggest it would have been better to go the same as world of warcraft and many other games and use existing character attributes and just buff them, like you said here.

Regarding your idea, possibly this could be introduced very slowly, such as start with just weapons multi socketed.