Bi-weekly updates, and I quote

In the element fury sticky, page 12 and 13, moloch clearly states they will be doing bi-weekly updates. That's one every two weeks, just to be clear.

Is it safe to assume we will get one this week?
Prev1

Comments

• JohnBoy12JohnBoy12 Registered Users 129 Posts
    don't assume anything..lol I am really hoping for any changes to improve game soon, even if it isn't new content and just fixing the big complaints of players.
  • KròsKròs Registered Users 51 Posts
    JohnBoy12 wrote: »
    don't assume anything..lol I am really hoping for any changes to improve game soon, even if it isn't new content and just fixing the big complaints of players.

Yep, probably last "update" on 30% sale on God of Gold had been considered like a real update.
    However, like John says, don't assume anything if you are playing a GLU MOBILE game...
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Bi-weekly updates are estimated/targets. However, what qualifies as an "update" is also an estimated target and includes any manner of bug fixes, feature implementation, sales or events.
  • DamiiDamii Registered Users 118 Posts
    Just a quick question, when is jade forest coming out again? It has been a long time since it got removed.
    Can't you put it on and keep us occupied with something until the fixing Update comes out?
  • kennygkennyg Registered Users 250 Posts
    hasn't been that long really.....though I have also been hoping to comes back soon
  • RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    If another jade forest comes with the same garbage that ronin had i could care less. Why introduce a boss with even worse drops than lhb. Makes no sense.
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Rentoc wrote: »
    If another jade forest comes with the same garbage that ronin had i could care less. Why introduce a boss with even worse drops than lhb. Makes no sense.

I know. a ton of people were mad at that Jade Ronin.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • MorimMorim Registered Users 16 Posts
    I know. a ton of people were mad at that Jade Ronin.
    True. All I got from him was a pair of useless wings. Farming for hours, day after day, never saw a single legendary piece of armor, or ring, which is what I was farming for.
  • MorimMorim Registered Users 16 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Bi-weekly updates are estimated/targets. However, what qualifies as an "update" is also an estimated target and includes any manner of bug fixes, feature implementation, sales or events.

Does that mean that the sale we got last week was considered and "Update", which means the next one is to be estimated around not this week, but middle of next week?
  • Jt11727Jt11727 Registered Users 25 Posts
    Yes the implementation of a sale also classes as an update
  • WattyWatty Registered Users 25 Posts
    They say a sale is an update only as a means to justify that they can't meet deadlines that they estimate for themselves.

Glûadmin, do you even work in the same building as the devs, or receive pay for your "work"?
    Watty wrote: »
    They say a sale is an update only as a means to justify that they can't meet deadlines that they estimate for themselves.

Glûadmin, do you even work in the same building as the devs, or receive pay for your "work"?

No, moderators and admins are volunteers.

Since a lot of people seem to be curious about my role here- let me share responses from a couple of other threads:

Forum moderators can't change what the team decides to do or is able to do. I can offer a location for you to vent your grievances, I can offer a simple way for you to state your wants for the game, but i cannot change the game. I also cannot give you exact dates or dates for updates because those change on a daily basis and if we give you a hard date and something changes, people are more upset. I tell you as much as I'm able to tell you.

Just be aware that getting aggressive and abusive toward me or any moderator will only cause this thread to close. Consider that I'm the messenger, here to help you communicate with the team... but I didn't build your game and I can't make anyone change the game based on what's in a thread. I can give you a place to organize feedback and ensure the team sees it.

---
    People who decide on sales/tournaments/events are completely than the people who log and fix bugs and are different than those who clean the leaderboards and different from those who determine drop rates. Each of us has a small piece we can do and we each try to do that one piece as best we can with the resources we have while making the changes we can to help the players and gameplay. In many cases, these can only be small things. Sometimes they are big enough to show a marked change for the positive. We all hope that eventually we'll be able to implement the latter.
    No, moderators and admins are volunteers.

Anyone with a Red or Gold name works at Glu. Blue names are volunteers from the community. However, we (with Gold and Red) are not on the game development teams and make no decisions about the games; we relay information as we have it and as it is made publicly available.
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Anyone with a Red or Gold name works at Glu. Blue names are volunteers from the community.

Oh. Good to know.

GLUADMIN WORKS AT GLU!! KILL HIM!! KILL HIM NOW!!!!!
    Oh, wait, you don't make decisions?

Never mind.
    Oh, wait, you don't make decisions?

Never mind.

Not about the game design or development, no. The decisions I make are about how to package up the vitriol/hate/anger/disappointment/resentment into clear, actionable feedback that the team can process. ;)
    And Gluadmin has a point. Here you are quoting Moloch on "bi weekly updates". He only told you that because you all wanted an estimate on when updates are coming.

Then again, if he never told you that, then we'd all be bashing on Glu for not giving us an ETA.
    And Gluadmin has a point. Here you are quoting Moloch on "bi weekly updates". He only told you that because you all wanted an estimate on when updates are coming.

Then again, if he never told you that, then we'd all be bashing on Glu for not giving us an ETA.

Yes, the irony is quite clear here. ;) As I said, we do what we can and share the info we can as it is available. If PVP weren't coming, for example, I wouldn't say a word about it...
    In my first post I asked a simple question based on a glû team members statement.

I asked glûadmins role because I was curious if he is actually connected or a volunteer.

I know you can't change anything, that's been clear for a long time.

I think a lot of us agree, this game was at it's best in it's first 3 months. Unique tourneys, jade bosses with good drops, bosses drop 2 reagants, no sell bug, etc etc.

If it's your job to listen to us and make it positive for the team, quite frankly I don't want to hear or feel your frusterations.

We are the consumer, we pay you. We voice what we'd like, and you guys don't listen. Take that up with your team.

I like this game, still. It could be great, but you guys have work to do.
  • ComarComar Registered Users 65 Posts
    In my first post I asked a simple question based on a glû team members statement.

I asked glûadmins role because I was curious if he is actually connected or a volunteer.

I know you can't change anything, that's been clear for a long time.

I think a lot of us agree, this game was at it's best in it's first 3 months. Unique tourneys, jade bosses with good drops, bosses drop 2 reagants, no sell bug, etc etc.

If it's your job to listen to us and make it positive for the team, quite frankly I don't want to hear or feel your frusterations.

We are the consumer, we pay you. We voice what we'd like, and you guys don't listen. Take that up with your team.

I like this game, still. It could be great, but you guys have work to do.

Do you actually pay? If not, you are not a consumer. Much of the whining posts on the forums are people that don't pay, yet have high demands for what they want to see in the game.
    You mean gamble right? Pay to spin a wheel for a chance at something? No, I refuse to gamble on a cell phone game.

Atleast on roulette you know the probability, here who knows what these guys have the chances set at.
    To each their own--but you technically aren't a consumer then. Whether you want to pay for a mobile game or not, is your choice, but free-to-play games thrive on IAPs.

No different than buying a Playstation or Xbox, etc.
    It would cost over $90 just to max out the bag space by buying gems. You can get full games for ps3/xbox for $60.

$90 dollars just for space in a bag, in a game? That's a slap in the face to everyone who plays this game.

Now if they had a way to earn gems in game like EW2, that would be different.

However, they don't and probably won't because they want to line their pockets(see bag price comment above).
    In the end, you are paying for a digital service. What glory do you get from a $60 console game? It's all about entertainment. Some find that at the bottom of a bottle in a bar; others in a club--it's worth whatever you deem you want to pay for it.
    Comar wrote: »
    In the end, you are paying for a digital service. What glory do you get from a $60 console game? It's all about entertainment. Some find that at the bottom of a bottle in a bar; others in a club--it's worth whatever you deem you want to pay for it.

Comar, from what I've seen of you, you seem to never lose your temper. Good job.

And to answer your other comment about "consumers", we want to spend money in a game. We don't want to waste money on offerings that have almost no chance to give you a gold item. So, we are potential customers, but we don't want to waste our money. Thus, we ask for better updates, better drop rates, everything.

it's like investing. You don't want to throw money away. You put in money, you want an outcome.
    Atleast someone else gets it. I won't gamble on spinning a wheel with hidden odds.

I don't attack glû, but I will use what they say against them.
  • SneezingCatSneezingCat Registered Users 211 Posts
    Exactly. If I'm gonna spend anything, I want to know exactly what I'll be receiving for my money..
    Jewelz
  • sergiu111sergiu111 Registered Users 109 Posts
    Now hold on a second, people! Are you somehow implying that Glu is trying to rip us off? Blasphemers! You should all be stoned to death!
    Comar, from what I've seen of you, you seem to never lose your temper. Good job.

And to answer your other comment about "consumers", we want to spend money in a game. We don't want to waste money on offerings that have almost no chance to give you a gold item. So, we are potential customers, but we don't want to waste our money. Thus, we ask for better updates, better drop rates, everything.

it's like investing. You don't want to throw money away. You put in money, you want an outcome.

I don't see the point in angry venting ;)

I agree with you. If you pay money, there should be more of a reward than just a chance. The game needs a lot more variety in the way of loot and other useful (not vanity) items to make it worthwhile to actually spend money.

Right now, people should avoid the offerings--just not worth it.