Options

Cross platform account

2Shot2Shot Registered Users 1 Posts
An account needs to be created so our saved game information can be transferred across from the Android platform to iOS, and vice versa. I have been playing for a couple of months on an Android phone. I recently switched back to an iPhone. I was at level 45 with a GS of 6800. I have no way of transferring that information to my new phone, and will have to start over. Almost all of the other games I play have the ability to transfer my game data.

Comments

• Options
    SneezingCatSneezingCat Registered Users 211 Posts
    This would be nice, because I will soon be getting either an Android or an iPhone. And as I am currently on an iPad, which I will no longer have, I'm not sure if I'll be losing my character or not.. :/
    Jewelz
  • Options
    RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    Oh man that sux. I tried playing this on my phone and it made me cry lol. Gotta keep that ipad.

And yeah there needs to be a universal login created so you can access your account from anything.
  • Options
    Rentoc wrote: »
    And yeah there needs to be a universal login created so you can access your account from anything.

Yea.. It'd be nice but I fear Glu may never implement this.. -.-
    Jewelz
  • Options
    Freddy406Freddy406 Registered Users 260 Posts
    2Shot wrote: »
    An account needs to be created so our saved game information can be transferred across from the Android platform to iOS, and vice versa. I have been playing for a couple of months on an Android phone. I recently switched back to an iPhone. I was at level 45 with a GS of 6800. I have no way of transferring that information to my new phone, and will have to start over. Almost all of the other games I play have the ability to transfer my game data.

There is a way actually. Download an application on your computer called ifunbox (its a file manager). Then, you can take the files from your game and save them onto your computer. Then get your other phone and sync the files back in ifunbox onto your new phone. Search up how to do it cuz its kinda hard to tell you how from here. Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    I don't own the iPad I use so I can't connect it to my computer.. It says it's managed by another computer. :/
    Will my game work on an iPhone though, if I've been playing on this iPad and have my data saved in iCloud?
    Jewelz
  • Options
    I don't own the iPad I use so I can't connect it to my computer.. It says it's managed by another computer. :/
    Will my game work on an iPhone though, if I've been playing on this iPad and have my data saved in iCloud?
    nope, without ifunbox you'll lose your game when you get rid of your ipad. When i played on my phone it was a new game with no option to sync to account on ipad.
  • Options
    Oh my god.. e.e
    Well I'm upset now.
    Six months of hard work is gonna be lost...
    Jewelz
  • Options
    Rentoc wrote: »
    nope, without ifunbox you'll lose your game when you get rid of your ipad. When i played on my phone it was a new game with no option to sync to account on ipad.

Are you sure though? What if I use the same apple ID on the iPhone?
    Jewelz
  • Options
    Are you sure though? What if I use the same apple ID on the iPhone?
    yeah unfortunately. All my devices use the same apple id. Ifunbox may not care if you are the owner of the ipad though. I havent used it but id give it a shot.

Also if you look in the faq section on these forums it addresses this issue and says that cross device play will come in an update. But who knows how long that will take.
  • Options
    Sigh.. I guess I'll try the iFunBox thing eventually. Doubt it'll work since the iPad is managed by another computer..
    Jewelz