Options

A shard system.

AlexV2xAlexV2x Registered Users 35 Posts
Stuck looking for that one piece of gear to complete your set? Tired of getting Godly Rings?

I propose a system where you can trade a piece of gear for a "shard" of your required gear of the same tier.

For example, say I'd been running Endless for a week looking for Godly Spaulders of Resolve but instead I've received 5-6 other pieces of T8 gear, I could then trade those other 5-6 pieces for 5-6 "Shard of Godly Spaulders of Resolve" once I have amassed say... 10 "shards" I could trade those 10 shards for one complete Godly Spaulders of Resolve.

Hooray.

Comments

• Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    AlexV2x wrote: »
    Stuck looking for that one piece of gear to complete your set? Tired of getting Godly Rings?

I propose a system where you can trade a piece of gear for a "shard" of your required gear of the same tier.

For example, say I'd been running Endless for a week looking for Godly Spaulders of Resolve but instead I've received 5-6 other pieces of T8 gear, I could then trade those other 5-6 pieces for 5-6 "Shard of Godly Spaulders of Resolve" once I have amassed say... 10 "shards" I could trade those 10 shards for one complete Godly Spaulders of Resolve.

Hooray.

+1. the whole idea of fusing and evolving implies that gear should take on properties of what's fused into it and eventually change into something else.
  • Options
    EziekialEziekial Registered Users 166 Posts
    Good idea. It would slowly make the find take a bit less but still makes you find godly to get godly items

They would have to rank each item to decide how much it would cost in shards to buy though. Goldy helm of resolve would be way less than let's say murder maker.
  • Options
    Srs1172Srs1172 Registered Users 7 Posts
    Or better yet glu could make reagents upgradable like in EW2 so we can get DPSS by upgrading DCSS.
  • Options
    Eziekial wrote: »
    Good idea. It would slowly make the find take a bit less but still makes you find godly to get godly items

They would have to rank each item to decide how much it would cost in shards to buy though. Goldy helm of resolve would be way less than let's say murder maker.

Yeah, very good point.
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    Srs1172 wrote: »
    Or better yet glu could make reagents upgradable .....

Both great ideas.
  • Options
    Srs1172Srs1172 Registered Users 7 Posts
    Just as long as the possibility of failure is not like the current rune upgrades we would be ok. If anyone remembers how many lv. 4 gems were burned making a lv. 5 gem in EW2 it wasn't near as many as the current EW3 rune upgrades with low possibility of failure. Something more along those lines would be good making you earn them, not just giving them up.
  • Options
    HootersHooters Registered Users 21 Posts
    Good idea. Id love to see vanity items, pets, runes, & titles purchasable with these shards. Dont want any hand outs. Dont make em cheap.
    Reward endorphins are so much better when hard earned :)
  • Options
    JohnBoy12JohnBoy12 Registered Users 129 Posts
    Hooters wrote: »
    Good idea. Id love to see vanity items, pets, runes, & titles purchasable with these shards. Dont want any hand outs. Dont make em cheap.
    Reward endorphins are so much better when hard earned :)

I think Alex is talking about making an item shard like 1 shard from a godly helm and 5 shards from more helms or other godly items that could be combined to make a godly item of your choice. I guess there would be some kind of gem cost to merge into the item but as long as it isn't to expensive I like the idea. Almost like crafting where you need to gather other items to make a special one.

if the game continues to progress I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of crafting of weapons and gear.

Alex also please correct me if I am wrong about what your post was about :-)
  • Options
    HootersHooters Registered Users 21 Posts
    Yep I read his post and agree its cool. Just added my list to it because lower-mid lvl people might be sharding out yellow gear but have no access to Godly. Finding one specific level appropriate item would produce one huge drop down list. Seems harder to implement. Maybe make it randomly alter the gear type hoping it becomes Resolve. Sure chance you'll be disappointed but u were gonna sell it anyway.
  • Options
    JohnBoy12 wrote: »
    Alex also please correct me if I am wrong about what your post was about :-)

Spot on ;)