Options

An Eternity Warrior Wikia!

AlexV2xAlexV2x Registered Users 35 Posts
Hi guys, there's something a little bit different on the suggestion board today.

I propose that we, as a community, start to build and compile all of the information known to us about the game that we all love. The main reason I suggest this is that for new players, Eternity Warriors can seem a bit daunting and I often see the same questions being asked on the forum and in-game repeatedly, "does LC drop gold 31's?", "how do you block Nian's lightning bolt attack?", "where can I find Demon Champion reagents?"... you get the picture. A wikia would provide a location where players can obtain the exact answers they require, instantly.

For those of you a bit skeptical about this idea, consider this; a log could be created whereby players add their drops as well as their respective IIF and we could finally put an end to the debate as to whether IIF actually has a noticeable effect or not.

So without further ado; http://eternity-warriors.wikia.com/wiki/Eternity_Warriors_Wiki

Please reply below with any suggestions or the like.

Comments

• Options
    GrandudiusGrandudius Registered Users 37 Posts
    I think this is a very good idea. Going to be alot of work to do but, love the idea!
  • Options
    Thanks for the response. I do agree it's gonna be a massive project to undertake but if enough are willing to help it could happen! Even if we each take 10 minutes to create a few pages (not even detailed ones) to get it going that'd be great.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    This is awesome. Thanks for taking the reigns on this!!
  • Options
    gluadmin wrote: »
    This is awesome. Thanks for taking the reigns on this!!

It's my pleasure!

Seriously people though, I can't do this by myself, even uploading a few images of items and creating their respective pages would go a long way to kick starting this, thanks in advance!
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Very good idea, I posted some stuff already.

But I'm not doing this all by myself. TBH, I feel like people should just go read ChrisTot's and JonWayne's primer.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    The primer thread here has tons of info in it.

The wiki is a very good idea though also as there are many things to learn in game.
  • Options
    Yeah I know the primer already has a lot of the basics, but there's a whole lot more that could be covered... stats of items etc etc.
  • Options
    JohnBoy12JohnBoy12 Registered Users 129 Posts
    AlexV2x wrote: »
    Yeah I know the primer already has a lot of the basics, but there's a whole lot more that could be covered... stats of items etc etc.

would be nice if admins could provide you with some info too because the new content has several unknowns like the arguments of whether or not IIF actually helps and if it does...how much? I have seen several statements going either way.

Maybe if the wiki crew made a list of unknown stats and such to give to admin, they might fill in the blanks for the benefit of the site.
  • Options
    Was thinking this not too long ago as well, I wanted to know how much health bosses had.
  • Options
    HootersHooters Registered Users 21 Posts
    IIF might complicate boss drop lists unless it's the myth many claim it to be. Does it improve the lvl of the item dropped, the number of items dropped, or the rarity of the item dropped? Imo its simply not working as expected similar to Glu recently admitting the low reagent drop rates were unintentional. I realize certain gold items only drop from certain bosses and or endless runs so can be mapped in a wiki along with reagent locations but until we know *** IIF really does this might be tricky.
    Having said that I'll be visiting this wiki and try to contribute best I can.
  • Options
    Hooters wrote: »
    IIF might complicate boss drop lists unless it's the myth many claim it to be. Does it improve the lvl of the item dropped, the number of items dropped, or the rarity of the item dropped? Imo its simply not working as expected similar to Glu recently admitting the low reagent drop rates were unintentional. I realize certain gold items only drop from certain bosses and or endless runs so can be mapped in a wiki along with reagent locations but until we know *** IIF really does this might be tricky.
    Having said that I'll be visiting this wiki and try to contribute best I can.

I see where you're coming from, but what I had in mind should deal with this issue, I think. I was thinking of separate drop logs that we could build whereby people could input their drops received over a reasonable sample of kills (30+?) based on their respective IIF.

The best existing example of this that I know of is Runescape's charm log which can be viewed for one particular monster, here: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Rock_Crab/Charm_log

If I'm still not making sense I'll try to draw up some tables soon to help :)

Looking forward to your contributions btw :D

Furthermore, if anyone needs any help regarding how to add/edit stuff on the wikia just ask me (such as adding infoboxes like the one I added on The Ivar Mountains).
  • Options
    JohnBoy12JohnBoy12 Registered Users 129 Posts
    well IIF doesn't seem to prevent you from getting drops just possibly frequency of them. I don't think IIF will be a necessity in making the basic drop info for gear. I was simply stating we have several unknown statistics in the game including IIF so it would be nice if Glu could provide raw data for the ones willing to make the wiki page so we have accurate information and not just arguable things from a handful of players.
  • Options
    Yeah I suppose, good point.

@Moloch @gluadmin

Think you could give us a hand here?
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    good idea. bad implementation.

every post by AlexV2x comes complete with the same photo over and over. Takes up more than half the screen ...
  • Options
    Not sure what you mean, it's perfect for me. Could you provide me with some screenshots?
  • Options
    BUMP ~

c'mon guys don't be lazy, even making the pages would go a long way, you don't even have to add anything to them.