Reagent Drops are NOT fixed!!?!

KaufmeatKaufmeat Registered Users 63 Posts
Once in a while bosses are dropping 2 reagents, but usually its still just one. Whats the deal with this? Major disappointment! :-(
Prev1

Comments

• KaufmeatKaufmeat Registered Users 63 Posts
    Everyone in my guild is experiencing this... It's not what was promised over the last couple of weeks and in patch notes. Are developers aware that their "fix" didn't fix the problem?
  • dirtymoneydirtymoney Registered Users 72 Posts
    Kaufmeat wrote: »
    Everyone in my guild is experiencing this... It's not what was promised over the last couple of weeks and in patch notes. Are developers aware that their "fix" didn't fix the problem?

They cleverly worded the patch notes to say "bosses will now drop reagents as intended" or something to that effect. I think their goal was to suggest/lead players to conclude that this meant bosses would drop 2 reagents per kill, every kill, as before when in fact they devised a solution somewhere in between with bosses having only a small chance to drop 2 reagents per kill.

They presumably intended for the bosses to drop only 1 reagent per kill with 1.2 but following the backlash decided to backtrack. Now they have SLIGHTLY improved it to where bosses will rarely drop 2 reagents per kill in hopes that the player base will now settle for this very small 'improvement.'

I doubt we see 2 reagents per kill, every kill, again.
  • UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    They just want to suck money. Nothing else to it.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Floyd99Floyd99 Registered Users 70 Posts
    It would be nice to get an official answer on this. As it stands all i see is more player frustration & more complaints against Glu as a whole.
    Floyd99 wrote: »
    It would be nice to get an official answer on this. As it stands all i see is more player frustration & more complaints against Glu as a whole.

The official response is in the Patch 1.2.1 sticky. Muloch now states that getting 2 per kill was a bug, getting 1 per kill was a bug and now it is working as intended.

However, I am not braindead so I don't quite believe that.
  • Floyd99Floyd99 Registered Users 70 Posts
    Wow. That's not sketchy at all.
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    dirtymoney wrote: »
    They cleverly worded the patch notes to say "bosses will now drop reagents as intended" or something to that effect.

More on this here: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?101695-EW3-1-2-1-Patch-and-Maintenance/page12
  • AleIsDearAleIsDear Registered Users 10 Posts
    Once in a while bosses are dropping 2 reagents, but usually its still just one. Whats the deal with this? Major disappointment! :-(
    I got multi reagent drops 7 out of 20 times on one of the boss mobs. I'm new, how many used to drop in one boss fight?
    AleIsDear wrote: »
    I got multi reagent drops 7 out of 20 times on one of the boss mobs. I'm new, how many used to drop in one boss fight?

2- every time. This wouldn't be so obnoxious if glû hadn't mislead us into thinking it would go back to 2, and if Soulshards weren't so rare even with the 2-reagent drop rate.

Great job on the selling bug fix, glû; it's too bad you guys had to ruin the goodwill you would have gotten with what honestly feels like a betrayal.
  • bryblunbryblun Registered Users 148 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »

Are you guys joking or just think we are all retarded. Shove "fixes" like that up your asses, getting reagents was already hard enough. Now please make godly items available ONLY from shop - I'm sure dropping them is a bug.
    EVERYBODY - DON'T BUY GEMS TILL HACKER PROBLEM IS SOLVED
    bryblun wrote: »
    Are you guys joking or just think we are all retarded. Shove "fixes" like that up your asses, getting reagents was already hard enough. Now please make godly items available ONLY from shop - I'm sure dropping them is a bug.

Your most recent comments are getting aggressive. Keep it civil or you won't be able to use the forums anymore. Consider this your warning, bryblun.
    Your most recent comments are getting aggressive. Keep it civil or you won't be able to use the forums anymore. Consider this your warning, bryblun.

Ok, so you guys decided to make reagent drops both 1 and 2. This is not the main issue (although it's still bad. I'm still ****ed).

But what is ****ing EVERYONE off is how Moloch feeds us ********. We know the original reagent drop rate was intended. If you guys had the guts to tell us that you wanted to lower reagent drop rates because you needed more money, then you can just say so. Better than lying straight to our faces and treating us as though we are a bunch of dumb children that are ready to believe everything Moloch feed us.
    Ok, so you guys decided to make reagent drops both 1 and 2. This is not the main issue (although it's still bad. I'm still ****ed).

But what is ****ing EVERYONE off is how Moloch feeds us ********. We know the original reagent drop rate was intended. If you guys had the guts to tell us that you wanted to lower reagent drop rates because you needed more money, then you can just say so. Better than lying straight to our faces and treating us as though we are a bunch of dumb children that are ready to believe everything Moloch feed us.

Yes, yes, Ultra... I understand.
    I personally have no confirmation one way or the other with how the reagent drop was designed or modified. You can certainly be skeptical (UltraSkeptical) of anything any of us says, but outright lying is not what we are here to do.
    Yes, yes, Ultra... I understand.
    I personally have no confirmation one way or the other with how the reagent drop was designed or modified. You can certainly be skeptical (UltraSkeptical) of anything any of us says, but outright lying is not what we are here to do.

Thank you for at least understanding a bit....
    Thank you for at least understanding a bit....

Of course I understand. I'm personally looking into the issue further now and seeing if I can find out any more information.
    Of course I understand. I'm personally looking into the issue further now and seeing if I can find out any more information.

Thanks. Just don't disappoint us.
    Thanks. Just don't disappoint us.

Yeah, I'm pretty used to disappointing someone every time I come in here. Occupational hazard as the "messenger." In fact, I can guarantee a high probability of disappointment. Not unlike the topic of many threads in here. ;)
  • Big SageBig Sage Registered Users 317 Posts
    They're trying to tell us 2 reagents was a glitch that's been going on for 5 months xd
    -Sagelz
    I appreciate the position you are in moloch. Doesnt make the result
    for us any better but you know what they say... Dont shoot the messanger :-)
    Also disappointment in a game like this isn't inevitable... There is a point of diminishing returns where squeezing the consumer becomes detrimental to a company's bottom line and that seems to be the problem here. I'm guessing there must be a big disconnect between developers and the business people making the final decisions, because you obviously have a fantastic game on ur hands that seems to be constantly undermined by seemingly small but ultimately critical changes that disappoint the consumers in favor of a small amount of potential short-term profit. If people leave the game you are guaranteed not to get ANY profit out of them.
    Also disappointment in a game like this isn't inevitable... There is a point of diminishing returns where squeezing the consumer becomes detrimental to a company's bottom line and that seems to be the problem here. I'm guessing there must be a big disconnect between developers and the business people making the final decisions, because you obviously have a fantastic game on ur hands that seems to be constantly undermined by seemingly small but ultimately critical changes that disappoint the consumers in favor of a small amount of potential short-term profit. If people leave the game you are guaranteed not to get ANY profit out of them.

Too many big words, but i think i finally deciphered it:

ETERNITY WARRIORS 3= GOOD GAME

GLU AND DEVELOPMENT TEAM= DUMBASSES

is that it?
    Ultra, i'm saying this as a friend: your comments in forums tend to be counterproductive. Nobody is going to take you seriously until you start expressing yourself diplomatically. If your purpose is just to vent, do it in town our guild chat. If you want to convince glu to make changes, insults will accomplish nothing. Say the insult in your head, but write like the person your comment is directed to is a real person- because they are ;-)
    Ultra, i'm saying this as a friend: your comments in forums tend to be counterproductive. Nobody is going to take you seriously until you start expressing yourself diplomatically. If your purpose is just to vent, do it in town our guild chat. If you want to convince glu to make changes, insults will accomplish nothing. Say the insult in your head, but write like the person your comment is directed to is a real person- because they are ;-)

I was kidding.....

But in all fairness, im pretty much done venting now. Everyone, at least almost everyone, has stated how much profit Glu will lose if they keep on trying to suck money out of us. But the development team just doesn't care. They do what they want, and we have to take it. Now, a lot of people would ask me why i am still playing. And to which i would say, "because i have been playing this game for months, and i don't want that to go to waste. And thus, i want the game to change so i can enjoy it again." But as the development team continues to ignore us, people will continue raging, until one day, the number of people playing drops. One after another, people begin quitting EW3. Until the player base is abysmal. and with that, the dev team will realize their mistakes, although they are too late now. I don't want that. No one does.

But it looks like EW3 is just going down that path. And, that's why my comments are now half hearted. I don't expect anyone to care. I don't expect anyone to listen. And therefore, i can forego "diplomacy" and say whatever i want, wherever i want. After all, no one's gonna listen.....

The game's not gonna change. Most of us can see that already. we're just holding on, praying that the development team will listen. but they won't. Raging, asking politely, BEGGING, none of it helps. Nothing we say is going to convince them. If we stop spending money on ew3, they're just going to cancel the updates they had planned. Everything will stop. Then again, if we continue to spend money, Glu will continue to bring in more updates that **** players off.
  • Jaynee killJaynee kill Registered Users 183 Posts
    You think rhat after 5 months or so of two reagent drops youd just keep it as that, LUCKILY i played when it was otherwise i wouldnt have even botheres reagenta were hard enough to get coming up the ranking

A bit unfair on your new players. Should have just lived with that one glu

Ps when you update the game now do we realy have to "read the small print" or " solve your riddles" just to know what were going to get when it comes back online because i quote directly you guys aaying it was fixed, you never mentioned it was fixed to how you wanted it to be fixed, you let wveryone assume it was back to how we knew it was
  • harry potterharry potter Registered Users 741 Posts
    Too many big words, but i think i finally deciphered it:

ETERNITY WARRIORS 3= GOOD GAME

GLU AND DEVELOPMENT TEAM= DUMBASSES

is that it?

lol! Classic! :)

Possibly closer to his meaning though would be glu team - greedy.
  • ThaDoctorThaDoctor Registered Users 50 Posts
    I actually spit out my soda laughing when I read that you're claiming 2 reagent drops to be a bug. Did you seriously think you could get away with an excuse like that? Why are you just saying this now when you've been saying that 1 drop was a bug for weeks?

Anyone with half a brain can see right through that excuse. It's your game to change, just don't treat us like we're stupid when you do.
  • MolochMoloch Registered Users 279 Posts
    ThaDoctor wrote: »
    I actually spit out my soda laughing when I read that you're claiming 2 reagent drops to be a bug. Did you seriously think you could get away with an excuse like that? Why are you just saying this now when you've been saying that 1 drop was a bug for weeks?

Anyone with half a brain can see right through that excuse. It's your game to change, just don't treat us like we're stupid when you do.

Those two things are not mutually exclusive. We were completely unaware of it being 2 reagent drops the entire time, until the bug came up that caused it to only be 1 reagent drop. Then when everyone pointed out only 1 was dropping instead of the usual 2, we fixed that bug AND the bug that was causing it drop only 2. And now, from my testing at least, it is doing what it was intended to originally. 50/50 for 1 or 2 reagent drops.

Think about it, if we wanted it to be a money grab, we would have never fixed it from being just 1 drop. Maybe bosses dropping 2 reagents is the better design choice to go with. Now that it is working as intended, we can review and compare it to how it was when it was bugged. That is a design choice, and something we are open to feedback and player opinion on. But please stop insulting Glu and the devs. It doesn't get you anyone anywhere and just creates animosity.
    Moloch wrote: »
    Those two things are not mutually exclusive. We were completely unaware of it being 2 reagent drops the entire time, until the bug came up that caused it to only be 1 reagent drop. Then when everyone pointed out only 1 was dropping instead of the usual 2, we fixed that bug AND the bug that was causing it drop only 2. And now, from my testing at least, it is doing what it was intended to originally. 50/50 for 1 or 2 reagent drops.

Think about it, if we wanted it to be a money grab, we would have never fixed it from being just 1 drop. Maybe bosses dropping 2 reagents is the better design choice to go with. Now that it is working as intended, we can review and compare it to how it was when it was bugged. That is a design choice, and something we are open to feedback and player opinion on. But please stop insulting Glu and the devs. It doesn't get you anyone anywhere and just creates animosity.

Are you sure you want us to think about it? It seems like you'd prefer for us not to think at all, actually.

"If we wanted it to be a money grab, we would never have fixed it from being just 1 drop..." That is not entirely accurate and ignores several important considerations that would go into a decision like this...such as how best to retain the players (read: customers) that will be making the coveted IAP. You make less money when players outright quit. You make less money when players dislike the direction the game is heading and begin to lose interest. Retaining a happy player base leads to more opportunity for IAP.

In negotiation, just as in any interaction between 2 parties, there are red lines, bargaining zones, and ultimately, a range of acceptable possible outcomes. Right now it would seem that Glu is constantly shifting its positioning to find the optimal point between money grab and player satisfaction. It is just like finding the right price point for a product on the market. You can either go for an extremely exclusive audience, selling few but at a very high price or sell a **** load at a lower price. Right now, you guys are exploring the optimal balance where the players are happy enough and Glu is happy enough with money they are generating.

Why are there skeptics (i.e., people with a full complement of chromosomes)?

Because it is very hard to believe your claim that the 2 reagent drop was an unintended bug that has gone unnoticed for what...6 months? Either you are fibbing (read: lying through your teeth) or the development team is beyond inept. Neither are very desirable. In an attempted money grab (that you deny, unconvincingly), the drop rate was switched to one. Glu did not expect the massive backlash from this that they received and have since offered up a compromise which is a "50/50" chance for 2 reagents per kill.
  • Jaynee killJaynee kill Registered Users 183 Posts
    It wouldnt be so much of a problem if you had stated this rather than just saying its fixed
    This hame takes long enough now with a new character with the rune rubbish, now your saying the intention was only to ever have one reagent drop, how could this have been missed you all play the game and test the bosses how could you have not known there was 2 reagents dropping- i dont believe you.
  • TerryQTerryQ Registered Users 241 Posts
    As it is now back to the old ways for everything up to the new kingdom why worry about the reagent drops. Can now speed farm LHB so reagents soon build up.
    Quiet voices are overlooked, loud voices are ignored and constant voices are banned it would seem.