Options

Best Runes

Is there any consensus on the best defensive and offensive runes to use?

I see most people using thunder in the weapon. Is that specifically good against anyone? I am GS 6600 right now. I have blessed blade of courintav (level 36 gold) sword, most of the defense set is unbreakable or transcendent (other than boots, greaves, spaulders which are marvelous as i've been unlucky with drops on those).

I kill Nian most, hope to move to Hellboy soon but right now he generally takes 2 potions to kill. I don't need to worry about offense or defense against nian - he dies in 15-25 seconds generally if i'm paying attn.

So far I've mostly done fire defense so i can prep to farm hellboy (have 3 common fire resists socketed so far) to upgrade my gear (hope to get chad or that other top when i start to farm hellboy - i think that's the most important upgrade eh?).

I also don't farm much in tower of heroes. I can get to 100 easily, struggle a bit with levels 103+. I hardly EVER do fire lotus, i'm up to 25 there.

I can't really do legendary Ivar caverns yet.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    The SaintThe Saint Registered Users 45 Posts
    guacamole wrote: »
    Is there any consensus on the best defensive and offensive runes to use?

I see most people using thunder in the weapon. Is that specifically good against anyone? I am GS 6600 right now. I have blessed blade of courintav (level 36 gold) sword, most of the defense set is unbreakable or transcendent (other than boots, greaves, spaulders which are marvelous as i've been unlucky with drops on those).

I kill Nian most, hope to move to Hellboy soon but right now he generally takes 2 potions to kill. I don't need to worry about offense or defense against nian - he dies in 15-25 seconds generally if i'm paying attn.

So far I've mostly done fire defense so i can prep to farm hellboy (have 3 common fire resists socketed so far) to upgrade my gear (hope to get chad or that other top when i start to farm hellboy - i think that's the most important upgrade eh?).

I also don't farm much in tower of heroes. I can get to 100 easily, struggle a bit with levels 103+. I hardly EVER do fire lotus, i'm up to 25 there.

I can't really do legendary Ivar caverns yet.

Thanks!
    I think fire resist is the best suited for the time being, as u'll go for hellboy and then godly equipments in the tower. And thunder is better as offence, at least that's what I think
  • Options
    XephraimXephraim Registered Users 130 Posts
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?99831-Rune-System-Information

Use Lightning against Fire.
    Fire against Ice and
    Ice against lightning.

Long story cut short.
  • Options
    CaliverCaliver Registered Users 63 Posts
    Just use 1 of each LOL
  • Options
    LactrixLactrix Registered Users 141 Posts
    Im using 3x blue fire off atm soon 3x purp fire off. Mix of blue and purp ice def since i want to smash ice cavern. Towers and kingdom 1-3 is easy enough without and are not effekter by runes anymore
  • Options
    sergiu111sergiu111 Registered Users 109 Posts
    Best runes are gems. Cause, you know... pay to win.
  • Options
    guacamoleguacamole Registered Users 26 Posts
    Lactrix wrote: »
    Im using 3x blue fire off atm soon 3x purp fire off. Mix of blue and purp ice def since i want to smash ice cavern. Towers and kingdom 1-3 is easy enough without and are not effekter by runes anymore
    What is "off" in "Im using 3x blue fire off atm soon 3x purp fire off. "