Options

Is this game a pay to win game or litterally grind a thousand battles for gold weapon

sheepdogsheepdog Registered Users 3 Posts
I find without gold weapons(which take a 1000 boss fights to get) and the trap that prevents you from upgrading your weapons fully because the components are after the next boss(and the shards have insanely low drop rates), this game is pay to win when it comes to bosses. Or you need to grind like 20 hours of your life away to get another gold weapon, and you have to do this repeatedly. Otherwise you won't be able to effectively farm the boss to get another gold weapon.

Nian legendary is ridiculous without a gold weapon or a fully upgraded weapon(which needs shards from the levels after the boss to get). I can beat him, but I need luck, probably a potion and multiple, 120 combo's with about 20 parry's because he kills me in 3 hits even with a GS 400 above the recommended(with a warrior, who supposedly has the best defence).

I shouldn't have to combo 120 times(and this only takes off about 30 percent of his health) to beat this guy or have to farm 20 hours of useless grinding for the next boss.

Armor in this game feels like paper on legendary.

Drop rates need to improve and their configuration of where the drops are need to be fixed.

I would rather pay 20 buck for the game outright, than have to deal with this moving target ****(pay to win) and or/relentless farming.

Nian is so **** cheap, because he gets these invulnerability bouts after he loses too much health. He goes berserk after 50 percent health and my blade barrage at the second highest level, isn't enough to stop his berserk mode because the last hits don't get in because he turns invulnerable shortly after his flashing red(which is when I start the blade barrage).

And if I manage to survive his berserk mode, I have to fight super aggressive(which causes me to get hit once and die) or he goes back into berserk mode and kills me that way.

They need to take out this boss random invulnerability **** and reduce the damage of the bosses. I have 1570 defence with 9 percent lightning resist and his regular paw swipes take off 5000 health which means a missed parry is costly.

Comments

• Options
    sergiu111sergiu111 Registered Users 109 Posts
    Both.

/10chars
  • Options
    CraigsterCraigster Registered Users 143 Posts
    sergiu111 wrote: »
    Both.

/10chars

Short, concise and to the point! Bravo!
  • Options
    LietoLieto Registered Users 141 Posts
    You need gold weapon L31 from cyclop to beat Lnian.
    You get frustrated because you are trying to beat strong content with weak weapon.
    Just farm LCyclop.

And yes, this game is about beating bosses for thousands times, if you don't like this fact your best bet is playing something else. No one is going to rebalance the game just to please you.

// I would rather pay 20 buck for the game outright, than have to deal with this moving target ****(pay to win) and or/relentless farming. //
    Lol, you can pay 60 bucks for diablo3 and you will end up farming same bosses for thousands of times as well. Thats just how hacknslash grind games work.

Its quite funny because people like you are first whining about how everything is hard to get and after they get it in a month or two they whine and curse Glu that they have nothing else to do and that Glu needs to make 100 more levels. It doesn't work this way because community isn't paying enough to do 10 more levels every week. Enjoy it while you still have something to farm for.
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    What I do (did) was stick to a quest that rewards 2 silver offerings for killing a boss. Each day I would collect those offerings and hope that I would get a nice purple.

Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.
  • Options
    VykusSouldrinkerVykusSouldrinker Registered Users 173 Posts
    Lieto is right. You need a gold weapon from L Cyclops. Just keep farming him you'll eventually get one. Shoot for the Greatsword of Lord Shonell or Ragefang. Once you get it to 15/15 you should be ok to beat L Nian most of the time(especially since they nerfed bosses).

Advancing in this game is predicated upon gear, but of that gear weapon is far and away the most important. Even if your GS is very high because all your armor is maxed, if your weapon not gold and at least 15/15 you will struggle in Leg mode.

And as a side note, when you do you get your gold 31 weapon from L Cyclops, it will need DC heart and Sshards to max. Try and get the hearts but if you do spend any money at all on the game, pay for the sshards to max it and you'll be on your way.
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    sergiu111 wrote: »
    Both.

/10chars

There are some points in the game where paying won't help and grinding is the only option. If a weapon can be guaranteed for 10 offerings. If no weapon is guaranteed you could spend thousands and never get what you need. In that case p-2-p stands for pay-to-pay...
  • Options
    Lieto wrote: »
    You need gold weapon L31 from cyclop to beat Lnian.
    You get frustrated because you are trying to beat strong content with weak weapon.
    Just farm LCyclop.

And yes, this game is about beating bosses for thousands times, if you don't like this fact your best bet is playing something else. No one is going to rebalance the game just to please you.

// I would rather pay 20 buck for the game outright, than have to deal with this moving target ****(pay to win) and or/relentless farming. //
    Lol, you can pay 60 bucks for diablo3 and you will end up farming same bosses for thousands of times as well. Thats just how hacknslash grind games work.

Its quite funny because people like you are first whining about how everything is hard to get and after they get it in a month or two they whine and curse Glu that they have nothing else to do and that Glu needs to make 100 more levels. It doesn't work this way because community isn't paying enough to do 10 more levels every week. Enjoy it while you still have something to farm for.

The problem they have is they up the damage of the bosses. After one of the updates, I had to get about 350 more defence to get them to the bosses to do the same amount of damage.

When they can change difficulty on a whim, like this, its like they are driving people to waste more time or spend more money. It feels like a scam.

Glu should be adding more content and adding more multiplayer elements. I would rather Glu charge 20 bucks up front for this game rather than being free and increase the drop rates and make this feel like a traditional RPG where the grind isn't so ridiculous.
  • Options
    If the grind wasn't ridiculous i wouldn't be discussing anything on this forum with you because i would quit a month or two ago after beating the game. And you d probably beat it by now as well.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    The OP is absolutely correct. This game is the typical free to play, pay to win model.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    If the grind wasn't ridiculous i wouldn't be discussing anything on this forum with you because i would quit a month or two ago after beating the game. And you d probably beat it by now as well.

The thing is, the 1000 battles isn't even a guarantee. I am level 43 right now, purely from fighting cyclops pretty much, so I am pretty sure I fought him a 1000 times considering how slow the level gain is. I only have just over 100% IIF because I upgraded the rest of IIF gear I had in favor of defense to beat Nian(it used to be about 180-200%). I see people in their mid thirties with level 31 gold and it makes me feel GLU did something with the drop rates. I am just a late starter in this game and I feel Glu had to do something to decrease the drop rates.
  • Options
    Big SageBig Sage Registered Users 317 Posts
    It's not pay to win at all.,every single item can be found, besides the cosmetic wings you can buy for 300 gems.. Would not recomend doing that, as there's way cooler looking wings you can get as drops, I my self have 2 wings at the moment, Hellboy Wings, And a Storm wings , I'm hopeing to get them red and black wings from the 3K boss., I forget the name of them lelele.
    -Sagelz
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Big Sage wrote: »
    It's not pay to win at all.,every single item can be found, besides the cosmetic wings you can buy for 300 gems.. Would not recomend doing that, as there's way cooler looking wings you can get as drops, I my self have 2 wings at the moment, Hellboy Wings, And a Storm wings , I'm hopeing to get them red and black wings from the 3K boss., I forget the name of them lelele.

Blood moon wings is the name.

And the game was designed to be pay to win. However, some people are willing to put the time and effort to get items without paying.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    The OP is absolutely correct. This game is the typical free to play, pay to win model.
    If lottery looks like your ticket to win the game than ye. Also paying to win the game is like paying McDonalds to eat your ice cream for you.
  • Options
    VykusSouldrinkerVykusSouldrinker Registered Users 173 Posts
    If lottery looks like your ticket to win the game than ye. Also paying to win the game is like paying McDonalds to eat your ice cream for you.

Dude no offense but wth are you talking about? lol
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    sheepdog wrote: »

Armor in this game feels like paper on legendary.

Ha. My mage can chose between a breastplate which covers most of her chest, from breasts to waste. Or she can wear a a chestplate which covers only her breasts.

The less she has on the better her armor class.
  • Options
    Big SageBig Sage Registered Users 317 Posts
    Blood moon wings is the name.

And the game was designed to be pay to win. However, some people are willing to put the time and effort to get items without paying.

Ah thanks, and yeah, I've spent about 50$ on this game back in like December when I had no clue what I was doing, but now I realize how pointless it is, to spend cash, I'll never do it again.
    -Sagelz